Good: The rooms are amazing. The outdoors bathroom is really unique. The movie selection in the room in beyond compare to other hotels. The staff all is really friendly and out standing two particularly stood out: K. Bee at the Reception & K. Nim at the Bar. The beach water is okay but not the best (Rocky). The pool at the upper deck is fantastic is finish the day off and watch the sunset!
Bad: The Thai restaurant is okay, the breakfast selection is very poor. The pizza was very bad and the over all food is not that great. The local shack restaurant on the beach serves better dinner then the hotel and breakfast which I didn't try (but next time). The gym flooring is carpet which really smells and is unhygienic.
Ugly: The large amount of tourists coming for the day is terrible. It just kills the beach serenity and uniqueness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 12 miles south of Phuket on Racha Yai island, The Racha is Thailand's premier deluxe island hideaway. Set on a pristine white-powdery beach and surrounded by the dazzling turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea, this five star resort features 70 stylish villas offering the ultimate in luxurious comfort, from private pool villas with underwater music, to a very unique 5-storey Lighthouse Pool Villa with an observation deck offering panoramic views around the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Racha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Racha Hotel Ko Racha Yai
- Racha Hotel Yai Island
- Racha Yai Island
- Racha Phuket
- The Racha Ko Racha Yai, Phuket, Thailand