Our recent stay at Anantara Layan in Phuket has been amazing. From the superb Pool Villa (an upgrade on behalf of Global Hotel Alliance), to the amazing resort facilities, and from the food and drinks in the restaurants to the always fantastic and personalized service… we couldn’t possibly flaw this brand new resort. A big thumbs up and an even bigger THANK YOU to Andy and his team!
Upon arrival we were escorted to an amazing pool villa. Everything had been considered with us as guests in mind. The lay-out of the villa, the private entrance, the furniture, the comfort of the beds, the separate him & her sinks in the very spacious bathroom, the sunken bath tub, the outdoor shower… everything just perfect.
The location of the Anantara Layan Resort is somewhat off the beaten track but relatively close to the airport. Situated right on the beach in a secluded bay on the west coast, north of Patong, the views are breathtaking. The infinity pool and the water sports equipment kept us all occupied. Our daughters got “hooked” on the Kids Club, where Miss Pecky came up with new exciting projects and adventures every day, leaving us grown-ups with plenty of “free time” to enjoy ourselves in other parts of the resort. A comfortable 4WD taxi would bring us to all major sites on the island within 15-30 minutes.
The service around the pool (and in the rest of the hotel!) was intuitive and only there when we needed it, leaving us otherwise to our own. At turn-down, the team surprised us time and again with thoughtful and creative creations, including some of the local tropical fruits and lots and lots of chocolate. Miss Boom and her colleagues at the reception were always available with great tips for things to do or to visit. The entire Anantara team went out of their way to provide us with excellent service, creating an amazing holiday experience.
Breakfast is served on a terrace overlooking the pool and the beach beyond. A selection of fresh fruits, home-made yoghurts, different cheeses, and – of course – our eggs cooked to perfection any way we wanted them. Fresh fruit juices and our morning coffee appeared at our table automatically from the 2nd day onwards. We sometimes ordered lunch at the pool side or back in our villa. The quality of the food not once let us down – very impressive. One evening it rained cats and dogs (Monsoon Season!) – nevertheless Room Service served us our dinner and it was perfect. Dinner in DeePlee – the authentic Thai restaurant with breathtaking views over the entire resort and the bay – was simply sensational. And just when we were wondering whether we would get bitten by the odd mosquito, a young waitress showed up with a special spray for our legs and arms. Again – Everything Considered.
Anantara Layan – Well Done – we are fans for life!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a truly unique tropical hideaway, set prominently on the white sands of Layan beach. This quiet bay with crystal clear waters remains a hidden gem away from the developing beaches of Phuket. A wide range of accommodation options suit your every need; step off your private deck onto the warm sands, or take in a stunning sea view from the hillside. Swim in pristine waters and observe the vibrant sea life below the surface, or explore nearby attractions and nature, learning about local island life. Situated on Layan beach, one of Phuket's most picturesque bays, the resort enjoys a prime location away from busy island life, yet is still conveniently connected to a host of attractions. Just 20 minutes from Phuket International Airport, on the islands west coast, excursions to the Andaman's famed sights are readily available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Phuket Layan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bundarika Villas & Suites, Phuket Hotel Layan Beach
- Bundarika Villas And Suites, Phuket
- Anantara Phuket Layan Resort & Spa Thailand