My girlfriend and I stayed at this resort a month ago and our experience was excellent. Granted the property was not complete, however the staff more than made up for it with service and attention. I have stayed at several true 5 star resorts (not self proclaimed) and our experience was right up there. Again please keep in mind the resort was NOT finished which we knew beforehand. That being said we stayed in a beach front villa which was beautiful as expected. There are 3 things which stuck out to me
1.) The first night Umberto the chef (and one of our favorite people we met in Thailand) took away our menus and told us he would cook anything we could think of...this was awesome. It was at this point he learned that my girl friend was allergic to gluten. We never asked for special food as the allergy is mild. However without asking the staff heard this once and immediately made arrangements for her. They made a special breakfast every morning, special rolls, and even provided special snacks. This was ABOVE and BEYOND...at one point the chef had googled gluten free ingredients at home just to be sure. We enjoyed his breakfast so much we changed our flight to later in the day so we could enjoy it one last time. Umberto and staff thank you again.
2.) Spooks the in house mixologist and his team were entertaining, interesting to talk to, and openly welcomed the opportunity to make a drink based on characteristics. We are from NYC and he even gave us a list of specialty bars to try in NYC which we did and they were fantastic.
3.) As we were walking on the beach we noticed 4 piles of painted coconuts...clearly this was a game. I asked the front desk what the game was and shortly thereafter they had several staff members on the beach showing us how to play and played with us. It is a 4 person game so we needed two more players.
If you are looking for private paradise and great service this is a great resort. It is a little far from the main cities and attractions (probably 35min plus to Patong) but for us it was nice to be away from the craziness for a few days.
- Also Known As:
- Bundarika Villas And Suites, Phuket
- Bundarika Villas & Suites, Phuket Hotel Layan Beach
- Bundarika Villas & Suites, Phuket Hotel
- Anantara Phuket Layan Resort & Spa Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a truly unique tropical hideaway, set prominently on the white sands of Layan beach. This quiet bay with crystal clear waters remains a hidden gem away from the developing beaches of Phuket. A wide range of accommodation options suit your every need; step off your private deck onto the warm sands, or take in a stunning sea view from the hillside. Swim in pristine waters and observe the vibrant sea life below the surface, or explore nearby attractions and nature, learning about local island life. Situated on Layan beach, one of Phuket's most picturesque bays, the resort enjoys a prime location away from busy island life, yet is still conveniently connected to a host of attractions. Just 20 minutes from Phuket International Airport, on the islands west coast, excursions to the Andaman's famed sights are readily available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, EasyToBook, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Anantara Phuket Layan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.