We stayed at Ayara Hilltops at Surin Beach for three weeks from 23 November, 2012 until 14 December, 2012 in a super deluxe seaview suite. We also held our wedding and reception dinner at Ayara's poolside restaurant, Spice Terrace.
We originally chose Ayara Hilltops for our stay as we loved the idea of it being private villas rather than hotel rooms. And we were not disappointed! It was quiet, private, spotlessly clean, had amazing views, beautiful gardens, wonderful food and fabulous staff. We love, love, loved it!!!!
I cannot find enough words to explain how amazing the staff were at Ayara. I have travelled all my life and have stayed in many 5 star hotels and I can honestly say that I haven't ever been so spoilt.
From our very first contact with reservations to make our booking, all the way through our wedding and reception dinner, to our final goodbye from our airport transfer driver, the Ayara experience was incredible.
As you can imagine, preparing a wedding overseas was very stressful and I had so many questions and needed help with so many things, but I need not have worried as Khun Sompong (the hotel's Reservations & Sales Manager), was amazing. She answered every question in detail, helped me with anything and everything that needed to be done, and she offered suggestions and ideas that were great. She took so much care with our arrangements - no detail was forgotten, and everything was better than we could have even dreamed of. Our day was better than perfect!
Khun Napapach (the hotel's Front Office Manager) and her team were always on hand to answer questions , offer advice and assist us in any way. Khun Napapach's kindness and thoughtfulness touched our hearts.
Our stay at Ayara was the most amazing experience. The staff are so warm and friendly, the service is fantastic, the food fabulous. The location is wonderful (just across the road from Surin Beach and an easy trip to Patong) and the views are beautiful - our suite overlooked both Surin Beach and Bang Tao Bay. Another big plus for us was the hotel's no children policy - it certainly makes for a relaxing holiday.
Even if you don't stay at Ayara you should try the Spice Terrace Restaurant if you're in the area. Chef Amnart and his team serve up the most amazing food and take a huge amount of pride in their work. And the prices are great. I am really missing Chef's food!
Before I wrote my review I read through some previous ones posted at the same time as our stay and was amazed (and disappointed) at some of the comments so I want to refute them now:-
* "There wasn’t your usual bacon, eggs, hash browns" at breakfast. Are you serious? There was bacon, there were hash browns and you could have eggs done any way you like! There were so many choices at the breakfast buffet that I had trouble deciding each morning!
* "There wasn’t any spreads for my toast". Um ... we counted at least six different jams and spreads. All homemade.
* "The breakfast was seriously lacking in quality and variety". Are you kidding? There were heaps of yummy options! Different types of cereals and juices, about six types of bread, pastries, Danishes, croissants, doughnuts, eggs, bacon, ham, two types of sausages, hash browns, tomatoes, freshly made waffles, cold cuts, cheeses, a huge variety of Asian foods and more. And everything was fresh and delicious!
* "The restaurant/pool area overlooks power lines and road". This makes it sound like these areas are right on the road! Well they aren't - they are screened off and are private and you can eat, relax and swim in peace.
* "The hotel offers limited buggy service during the day". Yes the hotel offers a buggy service to take you up to your room, but it is NOT limited and it runs all day and all night. Reception and the buggy service both run 24 hours.
* "Isolated location". Really? It's right across the road from Surin Beach, a two minute walk from Surin Village and an easy tuk tuk or taxi ride to Bang Tao Bay, Kamala Beach or even into Patong for night life.
* "It's a long taxi ride to town". Rubbish! It's only about 20-25 minutes to Patong.
And my favourite comment of all - "We were there for 6 days and nobody could remember what we liked to eat or how we took our morning coffee". LOL! Are you serious?!
So, if you're thinking about staying at Ayara don't think any longer - just book it. It is wonderful!
To us, it wasn't just a hotel - we have found new friends :)
And we will be back ASAP!!
Save your pennies and book a room higher up the hillside. The views are definitely worth it!
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.