“Day trips” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 19 Attractions in Choeng Thale
5.0 of 5 stars 71 Reviews
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Our dive shop in Bangtao Beach, Phuket. It’s not far from Surin Beach only 500 meters. Just walk a few steps to reach our dive shop. Our shop we have diving equipment difference brand for sell.We are also just one who’s sell as comprehensive such as Masks, Snorkels, Fins, Wet Suit, Dive Bag & Cases, Torches, Dive Knives, Marine Book, Accessories.We are also a diving school. Diving courses are start from the beginning the Discover Scuba Diving to professional Divemaster. We also offer half day diving to the Koh Weah and full day trip to Rcha Yai, King Cruiser, Koh Doc Mai., Shark Point, Phi Phi Island and Similan Islands (The dive site top 10 in the world for the Similan Islands).For Similan Islands we have 1day trip and live a board. It’s a good chance to see Manta Ray, Shark, and Whale Shark etc. It offers a good service yummy food look sunrise& sunset at sundeck and friendly service you will never forget our service
Perth, Australia
“Day trips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

After walking in to Bangtao dive center's shop I was met by James who showed me photos and videos of the dives I could do. I booked two day trips consisting of five dives. I was picked up at my apartments by a taxi and taken to the pier where I boarded a great boat along with about thirty other people, food and facilities great and free. James made me feel so comfortable and showed me around the boat ie tea and coffee, toilets and complimentary soft drinks etc. the dives were great and I really enjoyed my two days diving. James is a normal down to earth guy who will look after you and guide you through out the whole day but give you as much space as you like above and below water. But he was always there taking photos (which he gave me for free at the end of the second day) and making sure youre safe without being a self absorbed show off like some dive instructors are.

Harrogate, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing Diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

a group of my friends rented a boat and bond came with us so he could take me scuba diving. he was brilliant. he translate for us to the driver, sorted my gear told the diver where to take the others snorkelling, was an incredible guide, took loads of photos and vidios and made it the best day of my holiday. the whole group and i cant recommend bangtao dive center enough. it was very well priced and all equipment was provided. two amazing dives that i wont forget and lots of snorkelling that none of us will forget. it couldn't of been better

Visited June 2013
“Fantastic diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Just finished our PADI open water with James Bond, and it was an amazing experience. Bond was very helpful and friendly and got us all passed in 3 days. I'd definitely reccommend diving with Bond from this dive centre, a fantasic time overall.

8 attraction reviews
“Another great diving experience with bond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is our second time diving w bond. After our last trip, we decided that we wanted to come back to phuket for a live aboard dive trip around similan islands. What we didnt realise before purchasing our airplane tickets was that hardly any liveaboards run between may-September because its low season in phuket plus the monsoon weather sometimes prevent the boats from going out to sea. Luckily, James Bond came to the rescue. He found us a liveaboard departing from satul which is about 6 hours drive from phuket. He also said that he'll take us sightseeing on the way to satul and back to break up the drive.

So we ended on a 3 day liveaboard around tarutao and koh lipe. The boat was great. We had amazing thai food onboard. A great boat crew who helped so much with your diving equipments and pretty good dives as well.

On top of all that, we got 2 extra days of sightseeing thrown in. On our way to satul, we stopped at emerald and blue pool at krabi. They were both pools that came from natural freshwater springs. It was very pretty. On our way home, we stopped at this Buddhist temple in a cave which has mongkeys outside and also the best seafood thai lunch I've ever had for 250 baht per head.

Bond was his usual self, friendly, funny and ever so helpful. Hopefully it'll be third time lucky with the similan islands as we're planning another liveaboard sometime in the near future and we'll most definitely arrange it through bangtao dive centre

Birkenhead, England, United Kingdom
“PADI course with Bangtao Dive Center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I did my PADI course through Bangtao Dive Center with the instructor James Bond in June 2013. I had only a narrow window to complete the course whilst I was in Phuket for a friends wedding. I arrange the course via email before I travelled from the UK and replies were always prompt and accommodating. On my first night I was met at my hotel in the Laguna area by Suntorn who provided me with all the paperwork/DVDs so I could be ready to go!

I was able to complete the pool training on the Monday then the opened water dives on Friday/Saturday after the wedding.

I found it was really easy to learn all the required knowledge from James and he progressed through the course quickly but most importantly safely. I felt confident that he covered everything I needed to know at an appropriate pace...which left plenty of time for the fun dives!

We did 4 dives over 2 days. The boat trip was great, quiet enough that you didn't feel you were fighting for space but enough people around to be sociable (as I was doing the course by myself this was important to me). During the open water dives I had one to one instruction and guidance from James and was given plenty of time to get everything done correctly to pass and also enjoy the beautiful and impressive Thailand aquatic life.

James took some fantastic pictures and videos during the dives as you can see! I came away with hundreds of still images and videos, this was an extra cost for the CD however it was more than worth it for the quality of the images.

Bangtao Dive Center is a locally owned and run Thai business I would definitely recommend it for anyone wanting to complete their PADI course above any other in the areas.

Thanks and hopefully I will see you again next time!

Visited June 2013