This was our 5th visit to Thailand, 4th to Phuket. We were a bit hesitant about going back to Phuket, as our last visit was to Koh Samui. We were looking for an area away from Patong, but close enough to travel into there, if we wanted to. 15mins in taxi/tuk tuk.
Arrived late evening, after a full day of travel. Our greeting pleasant and very efficient, our room was ready and we felt the internet pictures were realistic. We were not dissapointed.
Everything was as we had hoped - fantastic!
Breakfast was more than adequate. We stayed for 10 nights and I was satisfied with the quality and variety. My son loved how the man who made the pancakes for him came up with a diferent animal shape each day. My wife was sick one day and the breakfast staff were concerned and only too helpful in sending some breakfast to our room for her. A nice and helpful touch.
The pool and beach area is gorgeous. After breakfast my son (9 yo) and I needed to burn some energy and the boathouse crew were only too happy to get involved in a game of beach soccer. This was a part of the day that we both really looked forward too. My son is a good footballer but Sam and the others were toying with us!
We too were a little surprised to find the gym not open or informed prior. Everyone has great intentions to use the gym, but really how often do you go to the gym on holidays? A swim or walk on the beach is much more pleasant. The renovation didn't annoy us greatly as we found they only worked about an hour a day on the jackhammers if that ,so we just moved to the beach lounges and you couldn't hear the noise.
The pizzas from the Beach Bar were delicious, and always a nice break from asian food.
We chose to stay in a Deluxe Cottage as we wanted to be close to the beach and not too far from the amenities. Yes there are some stairs but really they are good form of exercise, and there is plenty of flora and fauna to look at. I think the hillside cottages would be a little difficult for someone not good with stairs.
On the morning of our 5th day The Surin needed to do some maintenance near our cottage and we were asked if we would mind being upgraded to a Beach Suite - hard desision -Yes!. Rooms were of the same standard but larger and with more balcony space, closer to the beach. This room had an issue with the ceiling and after one night we were offered a further upgade to a Two Bedroom Beach Suite. A bit of a hassle having to pack twice but more than adequately made up for by the larger room. Well done Surin a great outcome for a minor problem.
We were sad to go and when the staff found out we were leaving they all made us feel special with their genuine goodbyes.
Marie (GM) Surin you have great staff.
Would gladly recommend this resort to my family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surin Phuket is an exclusive beach retreat for discerning travelers, families and couples seeking relaxation and indulgence in a serene beachfront setting. A member of Design Hotels™ and located on the tranquil Pansea Beach on the west coast of Phuket Island, Thailand.Offering a total of 103 hillside and beachfront cottages and suites all discreetly built into a carefully conserved landscape amidst coconut trees and gently sloping down to meet a small coral reef. The Surin, Phuket offers a contemporary Thai experience in timeless simplicity and modern sophistication. Shaded by a canopy of coconut trees and joined together by a network of jungle walkways the Hillside Cottages are just the things for guests who wish to experience a tropical rustic experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Surin Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surin Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Chedi Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Chedi Phuket Thalang
- Chedi Hotel Phuket
- The Surin Phuket Thailand