“Wonderful service” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth, Australia
“Wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We did not stay at this hotel but visited for dinner at their restaurant. We had a wonderful experience with classical Thai music playing at dinner, impeccable service and delicious food. The staff were so wonderful with our little 3 year old son (better than the staff at our own hotel!) and we loved looking at the frogs in the lily pond at reception. It was also great to look around and walk down to the beach. From within, this looks like a wonderful place to stay. If the restaurant service is anything to go by, I'd say this place is a winner.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MHMoreira, General Manager at The Surin Phuket, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
.....We had a wonderful experience with classical Thai music playing at dinner, impeccable service and delicious food.....

Thank you for your comments, all the outsiders are welcome to try our restaurants.
From August we will have a weekly program of Traditional entertainment, which I am sure will seduce you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you come to Phuket......
Meanwhile I hope, the next visit, we will have the opportunity to receive you in our Resort as Guests and not only to have dinner.
Please contact me personally gm@thesurinphuket.com, my Reservations Department and I will assist you with your booking.
MHM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
tasmania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Surin resort (formerly the Chedi) is THE place to go in Phuket for a wonderful rest and relaxation. Beautifully set out on a hillside with lush vegetation the resort is luxurious and offers a very sheltered, "beautiful and private, (but not in a legal sense) beach. However it is for able bodied guests only and it does require a fair bit of walking for some guests between the rooms and the restaurants and the beach. The restaurants could be more adventurous with their menus,particularly with their Thai dishes and come down a bit in price. However the service all over the resort is outstanding and staff could not be kinder, friendlier and respectful than they are. My wife and I could not have been happier with the attention were given at the resort . My wife aggravated a hip injury at the resort and the staff could not have been more caring,compassionate and flexible in arranging meals to our room and any request for assistance was met with incredible service.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the beach.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
.....The Surin resort ... is THE place to go in Phuket for a wonderful rest and relaxation....

I can only be agree with you, the Beach, the View, the Cottages, the Bar, the Restaurants, and the Team!
We work very hard, every day, to share with you our Passion for this property and we hope every day that we have succeeded to transmit it to all our Guests, this is our daily mission!
Thank you for believing on us and we all will be waiting for your return!

Fairfax, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Surin for a quick getaway in April. The location is a bit far from the downtown area, but the hotel does provide shuttle service. The hotel grounds are absolutely beautiful; well kept, well groomed, and superrrrr quiet. We were looking for a peaceful vacation, and that's exactly what we got. All you hear is the sound of the ocean, the breeze, and birds. The breakfast was delicious, when in Thailand you HAVE to try the different fruits! We don't get a lot of them here, so definitely must try. They had a variety of breads, pastries, fresh cooked eggs, waffles, fresh juices etc. The views while enjoying your breakfast are phenomenal! Ahh I miss the sound of the ocean while eating some fresh-cooked waffles and mangoes!

The cottages themselves are pretty nice, the hotel is all environment-friendly, which is a plus for me. They make the soaps and candles on site I think, and the fragrance is out of this world!

The only con I can think of is the location of some of the rooms. We booked the ocean front cottage, so we were literally ON the beach, but some of the cottages were pretty high up, so you have to take quite a few stairs down to get to the beach.

Room Tip: Pick the ocean-view cottages, definitely worth the money
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MHMoreira, General Manager at The Surin Phuket, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
....The cottages themselves are pretty nice, the hotel is all environment-friendly....

It is always a pleasure to read such positive comments, thank you to share them with all the Travelers!
On behalf of all my Team Thank you, and we hope to have the pleasure to see you again in a near future!

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great hotel, I suppose especially in hot season (it has its own beach).
We spent 2,5 weeks in may 2013 - a family of 3, with 2 other families (our friends).
Positive things about the hotel:
Service and personal are really fantastic, very kind, always helpful, extremely friendly to children, resolve all issues and requests we had during our stay very fast and in a best way.
Location is cool, both - nature around, and own beach.
On a beach you have sunbed, equipment, games, towels for free.
Water pool was the first in my memory which was acceptable to use (probably because there was not too many guests, but anyway).
Room quality is great for the money you pay.
Hotel restaurants has both Mediterranean and Thai food, both very good standard.
There is a lot of different restaurants in 0,5 km distance with sea food or Thai food, good quality, great sea view.
Some criticism:
Stairs is awful experience for first 2-3 days, we had 200+stairs to the beach, and during the day it's 5-6 times up and down... But we decide from the beginning that its great for our health and was not a problem anymore even for our baby 4,5 years old, and now I even missing it :) in my office it just around 50- and I do not use elevator anymore. But anyway, be careful with it, it's not acceptable for people with disabilities.

Some issues we have during our stay, not related to hotel:
1 starting from second half of may waves become to strong for children, and last 3 days even for adults - and the beach became disaster - too much trash comes with waves from open water.
2 we faced a snake (green one with black strips, 1,5meters long, very thin) - hope its not dangerous, but fortunately we faced it 3 days before departure - most probably it's a rainy period only issue, and in hot season it's too many people and not a snake hyper-activity period...

Not sure that I will go to Thailand again (I like Caribbean much more, and there is still a lot n Asia to visit) but definitely recommend this hotel to those who plan to go to Phuket.

Room Tip: Beach suits much better - you avoid stairs experience
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
......Great hotel.....

Thank you for recommending our Resort to all Travellers!
I will myself recommend this Resort, we have the best beach, lovely Cottages, the Beach Suites right on the beach are simply incredible and we believe that we can provide a fantastic stay to all!
If you change your mind and decide to come back to Phuket, please let me know, contact me personally, gm@thesurinphuket.com.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed at The Surin recently in 2 Beachfront Deluxe Suites. The staff and resort and simply fantastic, and the beach is by far the nicest we have stayed at in Phuket. We live in Singapore so travel to Phuket quite regularly and have stayed in a variety of locations around the island.

It is certainly not the cheapest option, even compared to other options around Surin. However the big advantage is that the beach is only shared with the neighbouring sister resort so it's not crowded and the beach is great for kids and families. Certainly the nicest beach we have seen in Phuket and feels very private.

The beachfront villas are fantastic, but it'd just recommend you pay a bit extra to not be "up the hill". Even if you are second or third row back from the beach you'll only need to tackle the stairs for breakfast and the odd trip outside the resort. The stairs aren't as bad as some reviews make out, but I would definitely opt to be at the bottom of them.

The villas themselves are clean, nice and whilst a few years old now are kept in good condition. Food and staff are great. The restaurants nearby are plentiful and good. We thought the restaurant called SILK on one of the neighbouring resorts was amongst the best thai food we've had (it's $$$ though).

Overall a great week, great relaxing by the pool and a brilliant beach and location in Phuket.

We'll be back soon!

Room Tip: Don't go up the hill
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
“Our favourite resort in Phuket”......

What can we say, Thank you! for such encouraging comments!
We have the best beach in Phuket and we will continue to improve our service, to make sure that all our Guests will have a wonderful and memorable stay with us!
We all will be waiting for your return!
HongKong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have stayed at the Chedi Phuket nearly 10 times over the years and always recommended it thoroughly. When it changed hands and name to the The Surin I was keen to see what improvements had been made. The most noticeable is the rooms of course. All have undergone a clever transformation and much needed updating. The location is simply stunning with the best beach in Phuket (as far as I’m aware!) The spa has moved to the top of the hill which to be honest was a bit of a pain, not very relaxing walking back to the room down 6576878743132467 steps after a massage. Still the service was great. The one area I feel that they have truly missed an opportunity is the food. The food was never the Chedi’s strong point and they seem to have continued with almost exactly the same menu’s and quality. The price has crept up over the years and the Surin really should reflect this with a better F&B offering. Despite that gripe we will be back again and hope that this one complaint can be addressed for everyone's enjoyment.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
The location is simply stunning with the best beach in Phuket (as far as I’m aware!)....

We are always pleased to receive all comments from our Guests that help us to improve.
I can assure you that all your points have been addressed and I am convinced that we will succeed to improve. I hope you will give us another chance to prove it to you.
Please contact me when you will do your next booking, gm@thesurinphuket.com. and I will pleased to introduce myself to you at your arrival.

ขอบคุณ! (Thank you).

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Surin is a beautiful resort in an amazing location with excellent bungalows, great food, and a wonderful pool. The absolutely only negative is that we had some creepy crawlys in our room the last night because there is a large gap in the front sliding door that let some bugs and a lizard into the room. I would recommend that the Surin fix this issue.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
...“Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful”...

I can only thank you for such positive comments, and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in a near future.
All your comments have been addressed, I can assure you.

MHM

Been to The Surin Phuket? Share your experiences!