“Fantastic customer service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort

You added Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort to your Saves list
Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   323 Moo 2, Srisoonthorn Road, Choeng Thale, Phuket 83110, Thailand (Formerly Laguna Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
BEST RATE-CLUB ROOM
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Aberfoyle Park
“Fantastic customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Just spent 8 nights in a pool view room. Very clean and well organised resort. The staff are super helpful. My wife has food allergies and the catering manager bent over backwards to accommodate her food needs. The resort is right on the beach which is very clean quite picturesque. There a group of independent shops right at the edge of the resort on the beach which sells groceries, clothes, sunglasses etc. at good prices, as well as a tour agent that can book various activities e.g. diving, fishing, speed boat phi phi island tours etc at considerably less money than if you booked direct with the service provider or through the resort.
There is a free transport service that takes you to the other resorts in the Laguna group whose facilities you can use. If you get off at Laguna waters it is a short walk to a shopping area with spas restaurants supermarkets etc.
Be aware that if you book a lagoon view room you are a fair distance from the pools and beach. Also there is no swim up bar.

Room Tip: Get a pool or ocean view room not lagoon view
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Tony P, General Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear 280marcusf,

Thank-you for choosing the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort for your recent holiday in Thailand. Thank-you also for taking the time to share your feedback. It was great to read that you had an enjoyable trip and I was delighted that the staff at the resort were helpful and were able to cater to the dietary needs of your wife.

I do hope we will have the pleasure to be of service to you again in the future and until then

Tony Pedroni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Coronado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I stayed at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket last year as well, and again this year the service quality was unmatched. I arrived at 1:15am, after learning my bags did not make it on my flight from Korea. When we drove up, there were 3 hosts to meet me, and kind local greeting and big smiles. I then told them of my lost bag and they took it from there, following up the next day, ensuring that my bag was delivered to me upon arrival. Summary: Great people, outstanding food, spotless, beautiful part of the world. Thank you to the team at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket!

Room Tip: All rooms I saw were very nice and very very clean.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear Steve M,
Thank-you for choosing to return and stay with us again at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort. Thank-you also for taking the time to share your very kind feedback. I was sorry to read that your trip got off to a difficult start with the non arrival of your luggage at the airport, but was delighted to read that the team were able to assist you with the safe delivery of your bag the following day and ensure that the rest of your stay was a comfortable and enjoyable one. I would like to again thank-you for your trust in Outrigger resorts and do hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Phuket again soon.

With very best regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very chilled hotel. Great pools for children. Fantastic breakfast buffet, loved the dim sum and vegetable masala. Good gym and tennis courts. Shuttle bus meant easy to get to local restaurants (a 10 min walk from bus stopping point). High point the market on hotel grounds.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Y Gustard,
Thank-you for choosing the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort for your recent family vacation.
I was delighted to read that you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay and would like to thank-you for taking the time to share your very kind feedback.
I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to our resort again in the future and until then

Many thanks again and best regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I just spent 10 days and this has been one of the best vacations I have had. We booked a sea view deluxe room, which was clean and close enough to the pools and beach, as well as the restaurants. The front desk was very accommodating to me, my wife and child. It was very hot in the lobby as it is an outside area and May is one of the hottest months here, so they provided cool towels for our face.

Our room was on the fourth floor, facing the pool and beach, and it was nice. However, I would recommend a ground floor room facing the pool for easy access.

The staff was very friendly all through the hotel. Housekeeping provided good cleaning in the morning with a turndown service in the evenings, during which they refreshed the rooms. This was a nice touch of service.

The Laguna tours desk in the hotel was a bit of a disappointment. My wife wanted to go snorkeling, and they told us that they didn't have any trips available. Only a private tour could be booked at around $700, which was way too much. We went to the vendors on the beach the next day to ask about trips. I must admit, I was a bit worried about it because the guy that sat in the booth had a bad eye and look a little unsettling. When we began speaking to him, he explained the different trip available and showed us pictures of the van and boat and locations we would visit along with the professional brochures. It turned out to be one of the best parts of our trip and everyone was very friendly and professional.

The HIGHLIGHT of this trip was the club lounge. I was traveling with my 2 year old daughter and that can be difficult sometimes. The club lounge offered a nice breakfast, snack at lunch, and some appetizers and free drinks around dinnertime. There are three sections of the club lounge, and one of them had mostly families with kids in them. My daughter could play with the other kids while we ate and drank with other parents during this time. To top it off, the staff here were super friendly and would hang out with us and the kids and they paid a lot of attention to the kids. In particular, one of the staff, Zin, was great with all the families and made us feel very welcome and comfortable. Zin really made it a point to create a great environment for the families. I would give this resort 4 stars without the club lounge, but if you get a club room, I give it a 5.

Room Tip: Get a room with Club access,
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dear Rico L,

Thank-you for choosing the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort for your recent holiday in Thailand. It was great to read that you felt this was one of the best vacations you have ever had and I am delighted that the staff around the resort helped make the trip a memorable and enjoyable one. I was however concerned to read your feedback concerning your experience at the Laguna Tours desk and will be certain to share your comments with them.
I would like to again thank-you for your trust in Outrigger and do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Phuket one day.

With very best regards
Winter Garden, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Fabulous location and a great area to get away from the crowds. After seeing some of the other areas, we were even happier we picked to stay here. The resort staff was so friendly and helpful, the room was perfect, and the restaurants were a bonus.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the beach side room. Great sunset views. Have breakfast in one day.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Tony P, General Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear RovingBel,
Thank-you for choosing to stay with us at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort and for taking the time to share your very kind feedback.
I was delighted to read that you received friendly and helpful service and that you were able to relax and enjoy the great sunsets from your room.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Phuket again one day and until then

Many thanks again and best regards
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We are coming to the end of our 9 night stay at the Outrigger Resort which has been absolutely brilliant. Its the first resort holiday we have had with our 1 year old daughter and we have loved every minute of it. The resort with the beach on one side and the Laguna on the other was perfect for us.

We have eaten each evening aside from 2 nights where we went out and the food has been great but I think the most outstanding quality is the staff who have been absolutely brilliant. It wouldn't be fair to single one person out as they have all gone above and beyond for us. We stayed in a club room which has been perfect with a little one as we have had breakfast and cocktails each evening in clubhouse where Kyla has been able to venture around, make friends and play with the staff who have been so caring with her.

We had a problem with our A/C one night and the hotel management reacted immediately transferring us to another room for the night and also giving us a free meal for the trouble.(which was a fantastic Wagyu Tomahawk steak for 2 people!) Our daughter was a little sick one day and the next day a bouquet of flowers turned up with a get well soon card....so thoughtful.

Thank you so much to all the staff for making our 1st family holiday away so memorable and enjoyable.

Room Tip: Get a Club Room it will make your holiday
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dear brownstar01,

Thank-you so much for taking the time to share your very kind feedback. It was great to read that you were able to enjoy a special holiday with your one year old daughter and that you and your family enjoyed friendly and attentive service throughout your stay.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you all back to Phuket again one day and until then

Woodford, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were looking for a bit of luxury on the part of our trip. And we certainly found it. Beautiful rooms outstanding gardens and pools and the very best most excellent staff. Yai (both small and tall) and Aik all made us feel like treasured friends. The food was excellent plentiful and varied and the ice cream was to die for! Thank you all

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear vic f,

Thank-you for taking the time to share the feedback of your recent holiday with us at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the resort and the food and beverage quality and will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the two Yai's and Aik.
I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to Phuket again soon and until then

Tony Pedroni

Been to Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!