“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort

You added Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort to your Saves list
Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   323 Moo 2, Srisoonthorn Road, Choeng Thale, Phuket 83110, Thailand (Formerly Laguna Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
THB10,695 (THB)
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Choeng Thale
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

On the positive side, the hotel has a nice beach front property.
The staff in general is very friendly, but unfortunately this property has many deficiencies.
The biggest shortcomings are in the service area, quality of the food in terms of taste and creativity,and housekeeping.

Service: Restaurant . There is a definite staff shortage across the board, especially in the dining room pool area.
On the seafood buffet night I counted 19 table occupied with about 70% buffet to
a la carte ratio, with only two service staff ,and a helping hostess. We sat there for 20 minutes without any menu , until I finally yelled for somebody .

Pool side: It is incomprehensible for me as a guest not to get service at the pool, like a refreshment or food, but even worse at a five star property. Because of the layout , the walk can be quite long.The first day I ask a person on the bar about the lack of service , and his respond was : we are busy , we have a wedding,.
But all of the days we stayed we never got service.

The food quality in general is ok, but it lacks taste,and creativity. I ordered the : beef in black bean sauce: as an example....That what was written on the menu.What I got was 6 pieces of beef, big chunks of bell pepper,big chunks of onions both still pretty raw, some aspargus tips, a watery sauce,and a cup of white rice. A better description on the menu ,what you really get , would help a lot.
Also a more health concious menu would be fantastic. Especially at breakfast including a juice bar .
The pool bar restaurant ...We ordered a pizza with tuna .Unfortunately each sliced peace had also
only one piece of tuna..

Housekeeping: in general very good,with a nice clean room. Unfortunately the make up of the room is always very late.By inquiring with the maid how many rooms they have to clean on a shift she responded 15 rooms..That of course is a good reason why the rooms are being done so late.
The mattresses are very firm, I believe this hotel should have mattress padding like a sealy
The days of hard mattresses are over..most travellers prefer a softer mattress .

My recommendation would be that the managers be more visible ,and be more hands on with the
guests,than some of these issues could be dealt with immediately ,and that the guest leaves back home happy.
I never seen a manager in the restaurant ,or the pool area talking to any guest inquiring about his stay .

To conclude my brief outline on the overall stay, I must say all my comments are in good faith, and not meant to be disturbing to anyone. I only like to see the hotel improve on the above mentioned items, which of course would in hence the over all operation .

Room Tip: Be precise, Sea view
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Tony P, General Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Michael M,
Thank-you for choosing to spend your recent vacation with us at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort and for taking the time to share your feedback.

I was very disappointed to read that we did not take better care of you during your stay and would like to offer my sincere apologies for the shortcomings in service you encountered. Our aim is to deliver genuinely friendly and efficient service to all our guests regardless of how busy the resort may be and to have failed to do so in your case is something we all regret. I do hope we will have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future where I believe we will be able to give you the great experience you and all our guests deserve. If in the meantime I can be of any assistance to you personally, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Tony Pedroni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This was our first time at Outriggers and it will not be our last . We enjoyed a fantastic family holiday with ages ranging from 67 to 16 months., and we were all very satisfied as there was something for everyone to do and enjoy. The staff were exceptionally friendly always going out of their way to please. The rooms were spacious and very well appointed with everything that one could want. We loved the facilities of the club which was quiet if one wanted to escape the hussle and bustle of the pool area.
The hotel is well positioned, right on the beach with the lagoon on the opposite side and within walking distance to the village and if one did not wishes to walk there was always complimentary transport available. A wonderful holiday and a highly recommended resort. We will be back

Room Tip: Both the lagoon and sea facing rooms were excellent
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Tony P, General Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Aitchy55,
Many thanks for choosing to spend your family holiday with us at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time and would like to thank-you for your kind feedback in relation to the rooms, resort location and friendly service you received during your stay with us. It was great to read that you plan to return and stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back when you do. Until then

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I recently had our wedding ceremony on the beach at Outrigger Laguna.

The event was incredibly well orchestrated and beautifully executed. We'd like to extend a huge thank you to Khun Tamm who took care of us from the very beginning and made sure everything went down perfectly. The attention to detail and care we were shown was unbelievable and ensured our day was completely stress free and smooth.

In fact, the entire staff were super polite and friendly. We were made to feel like royalty for our entire stay. Staff were professional, quick, friendly and never overbearing. The staff should be commended for their bright smiles and wonderful helpfulness.

The food, particularly the Lebanese food at the Mediterranean restaurant, was phenomenal.

Overall, Outrigger Laguna is a beautifully run resort. If you are considering getting married here, we could not recommend it enough. Feel free to message me for more info, but you can't go wrong. They made our special day absolutely perfect.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Dear BaconaterTheFirst,
Thank-you for choosing the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort as the destination for your wedding and many congratulations to you both.
I was happy to read that the ceremony went without a hitch and will be delighted to pass on your kind comments to Khun Tamm.
Thank-you also for commenting on the friendly service you received during your stay and the food quality particularly in our Metzo's restaurant.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to Phuket again in the near future and until then

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our 3rd visit to the Outrigger. This is our first time in high season and found it to be very different from low season. It was very busy, with lots of families and very hot. We were given a ground floor sea view room which had a lovely veranda. We loved the BarBQ's sitting on the beachside especially the Valentines one, I watched from the afternoon everyone working really hard to make it the most romantic setting. It was amazing. I was lucky to be given 5 beautiful red roses. With the fantastic Rein & Leon for entertainment sitting under the stars drinking and eating the delicious meal and with Bank and Eric looking after us I got really emotional. I didn't want the night to end! All the staff at the outrigger work really hard to make it was it is. A beautiful hotel that caters for every need. Bank is such a people person he loves chatting to all the guests and making sure there ok I've watched him and he works really hard and boy does he work a lot of hours! He seems to always be around. Eric well I loved watching him strut his stuff. He is so sweet I wish I could pack him in my case and bring him home with me. Doi always made sure we were ok and had ice cold water all day. There are plenty of restaurants outside the Laguna and the hotel reception will make reservations for you. They even collect you. We use to get the shuttle bus to the exit and walk. They are only about 10 min walk away. I recommend Tatonka and if you like sports there is a bar called peppers. All the expats go there and are really friendly. We would also like to mention and thank Ack,Yai Tarter,Eak, Kakie, PK, Radar & Tor who also looked after us. The Thai people are very friendly and courteous even the gardeners and maintenance men say hello. I only have 2 gripes the sun loungers are uncomfortable (my back hurt for the 1st week) and saving of the sun loungers. Quite annoying. But Still we will return as we are big fans of the Outrigger Phuket. Thank you everyone ❤️

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear slbx,

Thank you for choosing to return and stay with us at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort for a third time and for taking the time to share your very kind feedback.
It was great to read that you enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank-you for highlighting the names of those who helped to make your stay a memorable and enjoyable one, particularly Khun Bank and Khun Erik.
We do look forward to welcoming you back for a fourth time in the near future and until then

Northumberland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We would not normally choose such a big,child friendly hotel but we were arriving at Phuket airport after a lot of travelling and wanted somewhere not too far from the airport and not to far south for our onward travel to Khao Lak. We stayed for 4 nights in a premium seafront club room. The room was fine but we would have been just as happy in a lagoon facing club room because the balcony is tiny. Half of the seafacing wall is taken up by a big day bed which you have to crawl across to see out of the window. So for us the extra we paid for a seafront room was not really worth it. I don't think I managed to find my way to my room yet as the corridors are like a maze! Some rooms have quite along walk to get to the beach or the restaurants etc.The grounds a very nice though quite compact for the size of the hotel and the beach is very nice for a walk. We always got a sunbed although, as is the norm at most hotels, many were reserved from very early. Hotels are no longer allowed to put any sunbeds on the beach in Phuket for some bizarre legal reason so it means that the gardens are now having to be used more for this. What really made this hotel stand out for us was the Club. The staff there were lovely. The hotel check in was swift and smooth. They made restaurant bookings for us and generally were helpful and lovely to chat to. Thank you Hana, Jolie and the rest of the team. The Club was a very nice setting for breakfast and we were very happy with the selection there. We did not bother to eat lunch but would go there for snacks at 2pm which was quite adequate for us. In the evening it was a lovely setting for cocktails or a glass or two of wine before we went out to dinner. The tasting menu was a very nice touch. A couple of times we called in on the way back for a coffee. We did not eat at the hotel but preferred to go up to the town either by taxi or some restaurants have a free pick up and return e.g The Black Cat, the Big Boss by Tony. We were recommended to try Sunset restaurant and that time took the hotel shuttle to Laguna Waters and walked the rest of the way. It was not a hotel we would have liked to stay for much longer than our 4 nights but we enjoyed the time we had there.

Room Tip: Can only comment on Club rooms and the Club facilities are very nice but the extra for sea view or s...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Dianna53,

Thank-you for choosing to spend your recent holiday with us at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time in Phuket and would like to thank-you for kind feedback and in particular for commenting on the friendly service you received from Hannah, Jolie and the club team.
I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Phuket in the near future and until then
Many thanks again and best regards

Vienna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Outrigger is located in the so-called Laguna area, an artificial holiday area, where several hotels and residences are located. This is a big advantage if you just want to relax in the hotel area, as it is on a great and quiet piece of beach. Everything you need for a holiday is available in the hotel area. However, if you want to see more of Phuket, you need to take a taxi.
We were very happy with our stay in the hotel. We took a seaview room, which was a good choice, as the other rooms can be quite a distance away from the beach and pool area. With two 2-year old kids, we had to go back to our room many times a day, so the proximity to pool and beach was really good.
The clientele was a nice mixture between German speaking people, Russians and several Chinese people. I guess the hotel was quite full at the time, but still there were just enough sun beds and it did not feel overcrowded.
Best of all: The friendly staff. Really everyone. I guess they had to go through a special training, in order to confirm the saying that Thailand is the "Land of the smiles" ;-) No, actually it felt really authentic, not just trained. So, we really enjoyed that.
Special recommendation: The "Edgewater" restaurant directly on the seafront is the best way to have dinner. If you sit in the front row, you are practically having dinner on the beach. Now imagine the orange-red setting sun and sipping a cocktail, and you get the feeling…

Room Tip: We loved the seaview!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Tony P, General Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear andiiiiiiiiii,

Many thanks for choosing to spend your recent vacation in Thailand with us at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort. Thank-you also for taking the time to share your very kind feedback. I was delighted to read that you received warm and friendly service throughout your stay and that you were able to enjoy a relaxing time with your family and enjoy the sea views both from your room and our Edgewater restaurant.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you all back to Phuket again soon and until then

Heathfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We returned here for the 2nd time in January and it was as good as before. The staff are wonderful and cant do enough for you. The grounds are immaculate and staff work constantly to maintain them. Everything throughout the hotel is spotless. The hotel does attract a lot of families but the one pool does tend to just be used by adults. A boat during the day and a shuttle bus provide access to the other hotels on the lagoon but when we'd eaten at the Dusit we strolled back along the beach.
Go for a club room, as it offers access to the club lounge as an option for breakfast, snacks and soft drinks during the day and canapés and drinks in the early evening. The area is quiet so dont go here if you're looking for lots of nightlife. The only slight negative, the bathrooms are quite small for the standard of hotel and contain a slightly odd sunken bath.
nothing is too much trouble for the staff here and they will ensure you have a wonderful holiday

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear JT472014,

Thank-you for choosing to return and stay with us for a second time at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort. I was very happy to read that your experience was just as good as before and would like to thank-you for sharing your very kind feedback, particularly in relation to the friendly service you received during your stay.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort for a third time and until then.

Many thanks again and best regards

Tony Pedroni

Been to Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!