Arrived on the night of 14th of December for a 20 day holiday. We were shown to our room and straight away we thought this is not like what we booked and paid for on the net. The room was not dressed up in the way it was in the pictures and a balcony so small it was not usable. Asked for a room change and was told they are busy and would have to check on availability. Woke up next morning to find that our lagoon view was actually a view of a building site. We did not sleep well that night as our room was situated in the middle of the hallways with lots of traffic and loud voices and slamming door. On top of the hallways all being concreted and very loud to walk on.
We spoke to another member of staff the next morning who struggled to accommodate us. We were shown a room further up the end of the hall so less traffic would pass by, but we still have a minuscule, and utterly pointless, balcony that faces a building site. So we do not use it at all. They also showed us a suite that didn't face a building site but told us it would be an additional charge of £200 per night, on top of the £300+ per night we are already paying. We declined!
However we do not see any difference between a standard and club room.
We are halfway through our stay and half of those days our shower has been freezing or fluctuating wildly. We have not enjoyed the shower as we try to get in and out before it goes wrong. It has been attempted to be fixed on a couple of occasions. We have also had a/c issues.
We had paid for club room facilities which we always do. In this hotel it cost us 50% more than standard. But we prefer to have things a little quieter at breakfast and pre dinner drinks etc. However here it is like feeding time at the zoo!!! We do not actually see the benefits of paying extra for these facilities. We have paid over £6000 just for the club room at this hotel, not including flights. If we had taken a standard room we would have paid around £4000. I can't see that we have benefited at all. A standard room would not be able to have a worse view or a smaller balcony.
The standard buffet breakfast actually looks far superior to the club lounge.
There seems to be no dress code or etiquette required to use these facilities. No tops, no shoes, unattended children raiding the food areas. No coffee cups, waiting 20 mins for a drink in the evening then to be told get another order in as they are shutting. Generally there is not enough food or drink for those in the club lounge because I believe they offer it to everyone that stays for an additional fee. It is not exclusive at all.
Having said all this the staff are very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between a tropical lagoon and the sparkling waters of the Andaman Sea, the property features the finest in accommodation – all completely renovated with modern interiors subtly blended with contemporary Thai touches.The resort occupies a prime position on the famed Bangtao beach where white sand and calm, clear waters combine to create an idyllic tropical setting. The absolute beachfront location provides easy access to beach activities for families and couples alike.For guests seeking a more personalized experience, the resort now boasts a dedicated Club floor (the only such facility in the area). Club floor guests will enjoy a private breakfast venue, snacks and drinks throughout the day and themed cocktail events in the evening.All guests also enjoy access to the Banyan Tree and Angsana Day Spas, championship 18 hole golf course, wedding chapel, and signing privileges at over 30 restaurants and bars that form part of the Laguna Destination Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Beach Hotel Thalang
- Laguna Beach Thalang
- Laguna Beach Phuket
- Laguna Beach Resort Phuket
- Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort Thailand