“Beautiful beach, family hotel, and lots of activities” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort to your Saves list
Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   323 Moo 2, Srisoonthorn Road, Choeng Thale, Phuket 83110, Thailand (Formerly Laguna Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
THB7,695 (THB)
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Beautiful beach, family hotel, and lots of activities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Love this resort, the hotel's in the Laguna area where's far from the city and shopping area. About 20 minutes from airport and 40 minutes from city by car. About 500-800 baht if taking a taxi airport to the resort.
The resort has shuttle boat and shuttle bus for only the Laguna area, and it was chilling to taking them. Its location is isolate from the crowded, good for getaway the busy life. I'd spent 4 nights at there, never feel bored. The resort has many activities and facilities such as tennis, squash, game room, badminton, aqua center, kids center, cooking class, windsurfing lesson, batik painting and swimming pool with big slide. The resort also offered the baby sister by paid in the case you want to let someone looks after ur kids instead. I really like playing with baby elephant and watching sunset on the beach. For the breakfast, there are many choice with the high quality. I'd seafood buffet for a dinner, even the taste is little bit western style but it's worth for money. I love theirs cakes so much..the best thing of this resort is that they offered the bathroom, locker in the case that you have the late flight. You can swim or use their facilities until you leave.. Moreover, I also love their spa which offered many kind of massage such as Hawaiian, Thai, Bali and Indian style. It was my first time to experience the spa where could serve my preference..for the improvement for this resort is only the room, I stayed at deluxe sea view room, nearby the beach and swimming pool. But the bathroom are not that clean and pillow stuff are not comfortable enough, and the slipper, toothpaste and toothbrush must be on request. Unluckily, I couldn't sleep well cos of noisy from other room. However, the staffs are friendly, well trained and willing to help me whatever, though sometimes I think there are few staffs, so I couldn't get the service as much as it should be.. And it would be nice if the room has bottom for not disturb and want to cleaning up room, And check mini bar when clean up room at the same same..btw, I still think I'll come back this resort again..

Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Having spent most of my children holidays here back in the days when the hotel was run by the P.I.C (paciffic islands club) I decided to take a trip down memory lane and was horrified to find what had become of this once grand Thai hotel. My last visit was 8 years ago and even then it still had its charm and amazing swimming pools that made you feel you were in Thailand and staying in a tropical get away. Who ever desgined the lastest concrete jungle mess needs to rethink his or her occupation as this pool area which was the main attraction has been replaced by something you would find in any condo in Bangkok truly shocking to see. Also the cheap@and tack shops on the beach front were an eyesore. I felt sorry for the current guests as they had no idea how great this hotel once was. Thanks for the previous memories should have listenen to the old classic "never go back as it will ruin your memories".

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We booked Outrigger because of the good reviews from TripAdvisor, and now we understand why everyone loved it. Let me start though that if you are looking for a beautiful white beach, this is not the place. But in Phuket, you must take the day tours to the islands to see those beautiful white beaches.

The rooms, facilities, services, and food (especially the seafood bbq night on sundays that you should not miss) were really good. I liked the layout of our seaview room.. it had a daybed overlooking the pools and sea, but inside the room (good for me who didn't want too much of the sun). I accidentally broke a flower vase in the toilet, and they told me it was alright, i didn't have to pay for it. Everything about our 3 night stay seemed so flawless and perfect.

And my favourite part was the baby elephant who came to the resort every morning and afternoon.. for an hour :) That was the highlight of our trip, and I would really recommend Outrigger. It was very good value for money too.

I was very happy with the resort, that I even wrote about it!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tony P, General Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear JamieLuy,
Thank-you for choosing to spend your vacation with us at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort and for taking the time to share your feedback.
It was great to read that you had an enjoyable stay and I would like to thank you for your very kind comments related to the resort amenities, food quality and service you received.
I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Phuket in the near future and until then
Thank-you again and very best regards

Beijing Region, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Outrigger Laguna is the best choice for familues tour. The slide pool, delicious meals, beatiful beach and lake, ferry boat and shuttle bus , everything in Outrigger Laguna is great and convenient. It was a memorable time we had.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Tony P, General Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Summer M,

Thank-You for choosing to spend your family vacation with us at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and would like to thank-you for your very kind feedback.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort again in the near future and until then
Thank-you again and best regards

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Outrigger Laguna is situated on the beach front of Bangtao, a peaceful change from the
Patong and Karon end of the island. The staff are very polite and attentive, the menu is oversized and the meals are delicious, the breakfast buffet caters for everyone. The pool area is beachside and allows everyone to have space with different swimming pools, the highlight for the kids is the extra long and thrilling slide. Morning and afternoons a baby elephant joins in the fun, where children can feed, pat, ride or play ball with her. The hotel offers a shuttle, taking people around the Laguna area for shopping or dining out. Don't wait to book you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Beachfront views are nice, getting a light sea breeze.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Tony P, General Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Tracey Q,

Thank-You for choosing to spend your family holiday with us on beautiful Bangtao Beach.
I was delighted to read that you y enjoyed your stay and would like to thank-you for your very kind feedback. It was great to see that you enjoyed the resort facilities, food and beverage and that our staff took good care of you all.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to our resort in the near future and until then

Many thanks again and best regards
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Bangtao beach is one of the relatively less crowded beaches in Phuket and good for families. The Laguna development however seems a little artificial and disconnected from the rest of the Island.
The hotel itself is nice with spacious rooms and sizeable bathrooms. The highlight of the hotel is the slide pool which kids love. Service and staff all very good but quality of food is not the level of a 5 star hotel. Would have definitely given it one more star had the food quality been slightly better.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear Saimaloan,
Many thanks for choosing to spend your vacation with us at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort and for taking the time to share your feedback. I was delighted to read that you liked the resort guestrooms and amenities and that you received very good service during your stay. I did note however that you did not enjoy the meals you took at the resort and for that I would like to offer my sincere apologies. So that we may learn from your experience, If you have time and are able to contact me to provide further feedback, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank-you again and very best regards
EAST PERTH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

To be able to feel relaxed on from vacation the moment you arrive is not easily achieved yet Outrigger Laguna Phuket achieved it. A weeks stay went to fast. The staff could not be faulted, the food and beverage consistently above expectations and the facilities were perfect, even for a solo traveller. I appreciated the use if the Club Lounge and used it at least three times a day, my local during cocktail hour. Leading up yo my stay I was watching the weather forecast which was rain, rain and more rain. The moment I arrived the forecast went out the window and I was blessed with beautiful weather with the first drop of rain only seen the morning if departure. How did you do it? It has been years since I last stayed at an Outrigger in Hawaii and this property exceeded my expectations. Great to see you have resorts in some far off, varied and highly desirable locations. I will be back, you made me feel special and achieve the relaxation I sought. Well done and thank you!

Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Dear Jagfnq71,

Thank-you for choosing to spend your vacation with us at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort. I was delighted to read that you were able to relax and enjoy your stay and would like to thank-you for sharing your very kind feedback related to the food and beverage, service and club experience. I regret that the one thing we can't control is the weather but it was great to see you enjoyed a week of sunshine and blue skies.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future and until then

Thank-you and very best regards
Tony Pedroni

Been to Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!