“The place to relax” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort to your Saves list
Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   323 Moo 2, Srisoonthorn Road, Choeng Thale, Phuket 83110, Thailand (Formerly Laguna Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Up to 30% off Best Rates
Ranked #6 of 16 hotels in Choeng Thale
Melbourne, Australia
“The place to relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed here for 11 days, and thoroughly enjoyed ever minute. This is a fairly big resort with lots of facilities and things to do.
There were a lot of families in residence, and their appeared to be lots to do for children.
A great room that opened out onto either the pool or the sea, both great swimming areas.
A good choice of eating areas in the resort, or eat out not far away.
A wonderful relaxing place to be.

Room Tip: Take a room on the second level, that opens out onto the pool area.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

343 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

That was a memorable day we spent at here, Outrigger.
I want to recommend the resort to many of you, I hope you can read my bad English and long post.
We stayed only one night here, it was last night of our Phuket days and I found it was fail when we arrived at the hotel. We decided we should stay longer at the next time.
We had stayed at Patong area where one of hot beach spot of Phuket before we came Outrigger.
Patong are also nice. You can get every thing at any time, the night life is substantial. But little bit noisy for us. Because we stayed at little far from main of Patong(20 minutes by walk) but the noisy disco sound of night club can reached at our balcony. (little bit)
Outrigger was calm. We stayed the sea view room, you can hear calm roar of waves at your room.
You can do anything at the hotel. They have special swiming pool, privately beach, nice bar, restaurante. They have a mini wagon, a boat, you can move anywhere you want in the huge resort.
I especially recommed you, is the Club.
The club is nice place that you can get the drinks, cocktails, snacks, flutes, each service available depends thire time.
The staff is also good. Tukta P'yok who is one of the club area was nice to us. She served us anything we want; another wine, delicious sandwiches with her nice cute smile, thanks Tukki!
Other staffs are also good, almost staff are well educated speaking English. And all of them have nice smile. Smile made us happier:) and they were so friendly, when we met at the corridor, they said " Sawadee" to us.
Baby elephant named Candy is cute and clever. You can meet and take some photos with her at the pool side.
I feel frustrated that I can’t express myself with right words. I need to learn more about adjective to express such a nice hotel,,,,
Sorry for writing Japanese but ほんとに素敵な時間を過ごせる場所です。夏休みに伺いましたが思いのほか日本人が少なかったです。なのでもっともっと日本人の方々にもオススメしたいです。お会いできませんでしたが、日本人のスタッフさんもいらっしゃるようです。他のスタッフの方も我々の拙い英語でも真剣に耳を傾けてくれて少しでもリクエストに応えようとしてくれます。オススメしておりますクラブ特典を利用するとほんと丸一日ホテルの外に出ずダラダラ過ごせちゃう、リゾートならではの設備が整っています。
ぜひ一度体験下さい。
Thank you for reading my post. "Outrigger" pronounce "A-U-TO-RI-GA" in Japanese. Pls rearrange the words, it will be "A-RI-GA-TO-U". It means "Thank you" in Japanese.
Outrigger everyone!

• Stayed August 2014
Doha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

An Excellent Resort
My wife and I spent three nights in August 2014 in a Club Room with Sea View.
The location of the resort is relatively good for couples to relax and enjoy in a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. Besides the beach, the swimming pool, and the resort facilities, couples can spend some time around the Laguna Beach area. They can enjoy the nearby Laguna five star resorts with restaurants of variety food, the small shopping village with nice landscaping, and the Laguna itself. The transportation by boat/shuttle bus is free within the Laguna area.
The sea view from the Club Room is very good and the sound of the waves at is amazing. The Club members enjoy their breakfast and the afternoon tea in the club at the laguna, which we really enjoyed it, it is quiet and relaxing with very helpful staff.
I did not Like:
The seating area in the beach is always occupied. Smoking in public places in the resort is allowed.

Tip: I always recommend to not exceed four nights in any resort.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Busan, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

A nice resort to stay with kids or just for anyone who wants to get away and to relax .The location is great, it takes about 20-30 mins drive from the airport. The resort is very peaceful outside, spacious and clean. We were a little bit disturbed by the Chinese ladies next door, who had a loud conversation at 6 a.m. every morning:(
My husband and our 9 years old son spent all day long at the pool, swimming and sliding. I was enjoying on my beach chair with a different cocktail every day. We went to the beach for a swim as well. The water in the sea is very warm and clean , but not so clear , because of the waves. I wouldn't recommend to swim in the sea with small kids for the safety reasons. Our kid had his life jacket on.
The food was ok, but not as good as we expected. Quite a limited choice compare to other resorts we stayed before. The food at the resort was a kind of plain for us. What we wanted is to experience a real Thai flavor.
With a help of the reception we booked one dinner at the local seafood restaurant Chaba. The restaurant has a free shuttle bus and it takes around 5 mins drive . The food was great. We picked up some fresh king prawns and crab at the corner of the restaurant and they were cooked for us with some sauce. Everything was great.However the prices were similar to Outrigger resort ones.

Another disappointment was about fruits. I couldn't find any yellow mango fruit, bananas and other local fruits. And we couldn't go and buy it outside either, because the resort is away from the center or other busy streets.
Instead , I enjoyed a fresh guava juice during my breakfast and a coconut juice during the lunch. It was great and very refreshing!
I have to mention also a lady at the beach who cooks and cells a sweet corn. I would strongly recommend to try it!
In overall, I would give this resort a 4 star out of 5.

Room Tip: I would recommend it particularly to families with small kids.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We recently stayed here for a total of ten days and would certainly recommend it. It is relaxing yet fun for the children. The resort is quite isolated but it has everything you need. The rooms are clean and have recently been renovated. We ate at the resort most days and nights and the prices are very reasonable, the breakfast buffet is lovely with a great variety of dishes. Unfortunately the beach has been washed away, so the website photos are no longer indicative of the resort. I appreciate that they have complimentary iced water all day by the pool. There are three things that I was not happy with, the first being the elephant that visits the resort twice a day. The rest of the day it is tied to a tree, children are also encouraged to ride it, the poor elephant. One morning I slipped on spilt water in the restaurant and actually hurt myself. I asked the waiter to clean the water, twenty minutes later it was still there. In the end I laid napkins on the water to ensure no one else would slip, half an hour later the napkins were still there all while the barmen stood and watched, very poor service. We were also a bit put off by being greeted by Russian staff on arrival. When one arrives in a foreign country, it is natural to expect to be greeted by local people. My final gripe is the most upsetting. A tsunami alarm went off in the middle of the night, we were instructed to make our way to higher ground, of course this was terrifying for us and our three children. We vacated our room and started running, but could not find a staff member to inform us if it was true or not. It ended up being a false alarm. My children were traumatised, could not sleep. When I enquired about it the next day I was told someone in another room must have showered and the steam caused the alarm to go off, apparently it happens often. There was no apology from management at all. This is a serious event and it made us feel that there was a lack of concern for the well being of their guests. All in all, we enjoyed our stay here, we probably won't return, but would recommend it for a family holiday.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Book your stay with the Club package!!!
So many good benefits (Spa discount 40%...)

Bad:

No real night activities in the resort (karaoke or club ...)

Good:
Staff is great and very helpful
Great singer and musician during dinner time
Rooms are big clean and very comfortable
The bathroom is amazing
Food in the different outlets are really good and lot of varieties
The SPA is just incredible with great massages and nice price
Day activities are great, in the beach and the lagoon. Nice sport available : Squash Badminton and Tennis ...
The swimming pool is great with slides and water volley available !

Nothing to say just book here and GO!!!
Hope to get back there!!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This will be our third time to the Laguna resort, previously we stayed at The Dusit and one of the villas. This time we picked the Outrigger, the resort is about 30 mins from the airport, we arranged a transfer from the airport and we were met quickly and taken in a limo to the resort - mo complaints. We stayed in total for 9 nights, the family room was perfect in size and lovely outdoor space. The hotel access wise was very easy, everything was close by from the room to the beach, beach to the pool etc. Included in our price was breakfast, good choice, had your usual choice, fry up, pancakes, cereals, pastries, fruits, yoghurts etc. if you wished to visit or dine at the other hotels at the resort it was all very easy, arranged a shuttle at front of the hotel. Restaurants in all were good, food all good and we particularly enjoyed the Italian restaurant. Overall if you are looking for a family hotel, comfortable, friendly service then I would have no hesitation in recommending this one.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Tony P, General Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Teresa T,

Many thanks for choosing the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort for your return trip to Phuket.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed a great family vacation and would like to thank-you for highlighting the restaurants and the friendly service you received during your stay.
I hope if you decide to return to Laguna for a fourth time, you will consider staying with us again and until then

Thank-you again and very best regards

Tony Pedroni

Been to Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!