My wife and I looked long and hard before deciding on this hotel and are so glad we chose it. We arrived during the evening and were greeted with a cold towel and a refreshing drink, the check in was easy and the staff very efficient. The hotel and grounds are stunning, very well maintained and exotic. We were shown to our room by our Concierge and the cases followed shortly afterwards, the room was excellent, spacious, clean and well equipped. The food at the hotel was very good, the drinks good and reasonably priced, the pool areas were well maintained with plenty of sunbeds, towels are also provided.
Rooms: We had a Club Lagoon room, which was on the the third floor overlooking the lagoon, it was spacious with a king size bed, a day bed, table, dressing area, television with numerous English channels, docking station, hair dryer, bathrobes and slippers. The room was cleaned daily with a turn down service in the evening and water was provided daily.
The Club: Having read numerous reviews we decided to upgrade to The Club and so glad we did. This entitled us to an A la Carte breakfast, soft drinks during the day, afternoon Tea between 2pm and 5pm. Then drinks and a tasting menu between 6pm and 7.30pm, this consisted of complimentary drinks, wine, spirits and beers, three samples of cooked food and choosing the one you most enjoyed and receiving a larger portion of that choice.
Pool Area: the pool area was very close to the beach and had plenty of sunbeds, towels are provided by the pool, we did not struggle to secure sunbeds and did have to get there ridiculously early to do so. There is a water slide at the pool, a bar and restaurant with a push button water service. Staff regularly came to your sunbed with iced water during the day.
Food: Food was very good at the hotel and was reasonably priced, similar to prices at home. There were three restaurants to choose from at the hotel and if required a free water taxi to take you to other Laguna hotels nearby to eat.
Local Restaurants: Turning left or right on the beach you have a few minutes walk to local Thai restaurants which are situated on the beach itself. Lots of different variety of food with a very good Indian called A Loma. Drinks and food is a lot cheaper than the hotel and we did not have a bad meal and felt safe wherever we went.
Activities: There are lots of activities on offer, all complimentary, we tried the sailing which was great. There is also wind surfing, kayaking, sea sailing, available. The hotel has a spa offering a range of treatments, we booked directly with the spa and got a 20% discount which we did not know about until we walked there. Remember its a Thai message and not like a relaxing message in England although you will enjoy it.
Staff : The staff are exceptional and always prepared to go the extra mile to assist you. My wife is a Vegetarian and when the staff realised prepared individual food for her, even the tasting menu in the evening. We had a slight problem with our taxi to the airport, we mentioned this to the staff and they sorted it out there and then with no fuss.
Overall, I would state this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in for service, value for money and the professionalism of the staff. We are planning to return soon, which is something we don't usually do.
We would like to thank, Nuna, Grace, Hannah, Elf and Fresh for the way they looked after us in the Club, there were others and I'm sorry we couldn't get their names but you all made our holiday more enjoyable.
Darren & Sara
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Beach Hotel Thalang
- Laguna Beach Hotel
- Laguna Beach Thalang
- Laguna Beach Phuket
- Laguna Beach Resort Phuket
- Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between a tropical lagoon and the sparkling waters of the Andaman Sea, the property features the finest in accommodation – all completely renovated with modern interiors subtly blended with contemporary Thai touches.The resort occupies a prime position on the famed Bangtao beach where white sand and calm, clear waters combine to create an idyllic tropical setting. The absolute beachfront location provides easy access to beach activities for families and couples alike.For guests seeking a more personalized experience, the resort now boasts a dedicated Club floor (the only such facility in the area). Club floor guests will enjoy a private breakfast venue, snacks and drinks throughout the day and themed cocktail events in the evening.All guests also enjoy access to the Banyan Tree and Angsana Day Spas, championship 18 hole golf course, wedding chapel, and signing privileges at over 30 restaurants and bars that form part of the Laguna Destination Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.