We have just returned from 7 nights in this resort so the family could relax and recharge and it didn't disappoint. We stayed in a family room with lagoon view, which had a great little area outside for the kids to run around and was so peaceful and quiet. On arrival we were offered an upgrade to a bigger club room with pool/sea view but preferred to stay where we were in the family room.
The kids loved the pool and the slide and enjoyed kids club so much they went back every day. The beach was lovely and the water warm, there were a few jellyfish which put us off swimming out but we still enjoyed playing in the waves. But the best thing for the children was Candy the baby elephant, she is just beautiful and we all loved her.
Food in the hotel was good, breakfast has a good selection and the restaurants down on the beach were worth trying too. Wi-fi signal was good throughout the resort and we had several devices connected at once with no problems.
There are a few minor things worth mentioning that could be improved. Firstly, the corners of the steps into the pool were quite rough and I scraped my knees/shins/toes a few times climbing out. Also the toilet by the pool gets a lot of use, particularly by young wet children and the floor needed cleaning more frequently and thoroughly. Finally, it would add peace of mind if there was a lifeguard on duty as we noticed and helped several children left unattended at the pool throughout the week, even though there are signs clearly saying children under 12 must be supervised by an adult. A lifeguard would have been better to help these children and also deal with the adults who left them! As well as keeping watch over all swimmers of course as drowning is not easily recognised.
Generally though, this resort is near perfect all round and we are looking forward to returning again as soon as possible!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between a tropical lagoon and the sparkling waters of the Andaman Sea, the property features the finest in accommodation – all completely renovated with modern interiors subtly blended with contemporary Thai touches.The resort occupies a prime position on the famed Bangtao beach where white sand and calm, clear waters combine to create an idyllic tropical setting. The absolute beachfront location provides easy access to beach activities for families and couples alike.For guests seeking a more personalized experience, the resort now boasts a dedicated Club floor (the only such facility in the area). Club floor guests will enjoy a private breakfast venue, snacks and drinks throughout the day and themed cocktail events in the evening.All guests also enjoy access to the Banyan Tree and Angsana Day Spas, championship 18 hole golf course, wedding chapel, and signing privileges at over 30 restaurants and bars that form part of the Laguna Destination Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Beach Hotel Thalang
- Laguna Beach Thalang
- Laguna Beach Phuket
- Laguna Beach Resort Phuket
- Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort Thailand