“Nice resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort

You added Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort to your Saves list
Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   323 Moo 2, Srisoonthorn Road, Choeng Thale, Phuket 83110, Thailand (Formerly Laguna Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
“Nice resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights in the resort and really enjoyed it:

Service:
- The check-in and out was a breeze. As some of the review stated, they gave us cold towel, drinks and corsage type flower.
- The staff was friendly enough, though my husband think there's a tone of impatient when we asked further to clarify certain things.
- The housekeeping was great, we always come back to a clean room. Though I encountered 2 times where they knocked on our room rather loudly to check on whether we are OK.
- I had 1 rather unpleasant experience when I called the reception to ask whether I can get panadol, on which they said they are not allowed to dispense or buy on behalf, which I wasn't very happy but can understand. However after about 2 hours or so, they took the trouble to call me back rather late at night when I was taking the kids to bed already and just to give the same information. That is, I can purchase it from Canal Village, where it will take around 5 mins ride and they will escort me there. But with a sick husband and 2 kids to take care, it's rather impossible for me to get out at that hour. On the side note, I found out the next day that the sundry next to the lobby actually sell paracetamol.. Ah well.. Bygones..

Resort:
- The resort is beautiful and I really love the beach. Very beautiful beach! Although on first night, we saw poo on the beach
- The swimming pool was OK, my 7yo and I really enjoyed the slide. But we also found poo in kids pool. :(
- Room is spacious. They have the day bed which was converted into kids bed.
- They have a very adorable baby elephant coming every day.
- Location wise is a bit out of the way, however it's ok if you just plan to enjoy and relax in the resort.
- They also have archery!! And some other lessons, which was great..

Overall I'm happy and will be back. But I'll make sure to pack panadol with me.. :)

Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in this resort. Staffs were very friendly. After a long flight and transfer we were greeted and given welcome drinks and towels on arrival. The lifts were very small to my surprise. Maybe could only fit 4 people.

The buffet breakfast was great and the staffs were friendly and attentive. The restaurant is beautiful and had a good atmosphere.

Both morning we were lucky to see a baby elephant in the resort. We only took pictures. Other visitors we saw children getting a ride and feeding the elephant.

Living in Laguna area means we had to catch the taxi to visit other places with longer distance. Taxi to my shock were very expensive in phuket. So our only downside experience were the expensive taxi fares.

Overall we still had a good experience staying here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stayed at outrigger for 3 nights. I found some beach towels with stains, room furniture stained..why not replace it? Also the staff was mediocre, did not feel like 5 or 4 star hotel. For the price, it was a big disappointment. The things I did enjoy were be common areas, views and breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotel is just one of the hotel in the Laguna area but one of the newest as it only re-opened after renovations last year. When we arrived, we were quickly ushered to the lounge and served ice-cold towels and a drink (lovely concoction of lemongrass and a local Thai flower, whose name I forget). Registration was quick even though I had requested for inter-connecting rooms and they obliged. Once done, you will be personally escorted to your rooms (bell hop came shortly after with correct luggages sent to the correct rooms!) while getting a tour of the hotel grouns (which is massive) at the same time. The pool area is really lovely and they have a big kiddy pool for my 18mth old and long slide for my older kids. There are plenty lounge chairs by the pool and also by the beach. Icy cold water infused with orange and lemon is served frequently. There is a private beach so it was really nice and peaceful. A certain section of the sea was cordonned off so that water skis could not enter - your kids can play in that area in peace while you are getting that sun tan. Our room came with daily buffet breakfast. Selection was great and food was tasty although I'd wished they rotated their food a little bit more. But overall, it was good. I have nothing to complain about this hotel. The staff are friendly and efficient and genuinely enjoy having kids around. If you are here with friends though, then there is really nothing much to do and see in this area. We never left the resort (although we rode on the free tuk tuk shuttle and boat to other Laguna hotels just for look-see) so we were ok. By the way, for our meals there are pleaty of restaurants which are a stone's throw away from the hotel, which provides free transportation to and fro the resort. The hotel can even make reservations for you.

Room Tip: If you intend to frequent the pool and beach often, book the seaview rooms. The lagoon-facing rooms...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Virum
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

5 star luxus. Perfect and quit beach. Not to many people and no sun beds all over the beach. Perfect pool area with great service. The breakfast is the best I have ever seen. The hotel is huge and some of the rooms in the laguna wind is far away. The restaurants in neighborhood is a bit more expensive then in Patong and other tourist traps.

Room Tip: Choose the beach wing
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

The first thing that struck me was the first class treatment we received once we arrived at the resort. We did not have to stand in queue to check in, the papers were brought to us to sign where we were seated, at the reception. The sea front twin room we are in is nicely decorated, comfortable and clean. Staff is helpful and friendly. Breakfast spread is good. If only the beach is less sandy.. I guess this season still not so ideal as the waves are quite strong. Another issue I have is the requirement for a credit card charge upon check in, of THB6,000. Otherwise this is a great place to chill.

• Stayed December 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Spent 4 days in the resort, Kids wont' want to leave .
Since arrival , we were seated at the lobby with cold towel , flower & drinks. Grace from the club showed us around the resort together with list of activities available for adult & kids. Most of them are free. Check-in were done in the room !
The room that we got is the lagoon view facing. Very quiet indeed , apart from 1st night some noise was out along the corridor. The day bed has been converted into childs' bed which fits 2 kids ( even myself ) perfectly. The housekeeping staff are sweet enough to provide boys' version of duvet ( Ben 10 & Doraemon ) for them.Amenities are well equip (torch , beach bag , umbrella - which is very useful for tropical country ).

The pool area layout is nicely spread across the resort. However , would like the hotel management to take note on the pool ladder flooring . My husband & my kids have several cut while trying to get up from the pool. Perhaps some taping on the ladder edge, so that it's visible to user.
Candy the elephant certainly is the star in the resort...Every kids were surrounding it... Candy will be at the pool area 9 am & 3pm.. Some banana will be provided by the pool staff to elephant trainer for guest to feed it. ..

Overall experience with the club is good but can be further improve with more personalized touch. ( Perhaps addressing guest with name ) . The layout of the club is like a little white glass boat house at the side of lagoon. Love the food & presentation of it throughout breakfast ( 7- 10 am ) ,snack ( 2- 5pm ) & evening cocktail ( 5:30 - 7:30 pm ).

Sent both boys to kids club , an hour before closing no kids were around. The attendants makes my son's day with playing around the area.
The boat rides from the hotel to Canal village are provided free of charge. A good ride especially at night you can see the lighting at Dusti Thani , all the rest of hotel around lagoon area. Last trip is at 8:45pm.

The location of the hotel is not near to any town area, therefore rental of car could ease the pain to move around Phuket.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!