We had a very disappointing start to our holiday at this hotel after returning to the room only to find approximately 200mm of raw sewage in the shower/sunken bath area. Our room was on the ground floor and the sunken bath/shower area (very slippery and dangerous) was a couple of steps down below ground level. When we telephoned reception to inform then about the problem they told us that every room on the ground floor had similar problems and that there was a problem with the main sewage system. There must be serious issues with the plumbing for raw sewage to back up into the shower/bath outlet (this should never happen). We had to wait over 4 hours before anyone came to our room to clean out the bathroom and the whole room stank. Our advice DO NOT BOOK OR ACCEPT A GROUND FLOOR ROOM.
We were also shocked at the exorbitant price of breakfast at this hotel when they told us that it was 960 Baht ++tax & service charges per person!!! This is way overpriced and quite ridiculous. Needless to say we didn't have breakfast at the hotel opting for cheaper alternatives outside the hotel.
We found the service around the pool (food and drink) to be lacking and basically non-existent. We followed other peoples advice by buying drinks at the local beachfront shops at a fraction of the hotel price. The hotel advertise a happy hour between 5pm to 7pm however when we attempted to buy drinks during this period we were told that it wasn't running happy hour due to bad weather!!! (a rip off).
We also found that the beachfront restaurant (not part of the hotel) served far better food and a much wider range (both Western and Thai) than the hotel at a fraction of the price and ended up eating most of our meals there.
If the hotel management were to pay attention to pitching their prices of food and drink at reasonable levels then more residents would use the facilities.
Another tip for potential users of this hotel is to make sure you rent a car since this hotel is about 3km from the main road and allows you to get outside to more reasonably priced restaurants and facilities.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Beach Hotel Thalang
- Laguna Beach Hotel
- Laguna Beach Thalang
- Laguna Beach Phuket
- Laguna Beach Resort Phuket
- Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between a tropical lagoon and the sparkling waters of the Andaman Sea, the property features the finest in accommodation – all completely renovated with modern interiors subtly blended with contemporary Thai touches.The resort occupies a prime position on the famed Bangtao beach where white sand and calm, clear waters combine to create an idyllic tropical setting. The absolute beachfront location provides easy access to beach activities for families and couples alike.For guests seeking a more personalized experience, the resort now boasts a dedicated Club floor (the only such facility in the area). Club floor guests will enjoy a private breakfast venue, snacks and drinks throughout the day and themed cocktail events in the evening.All guests also enjoy access to the Banyan Tree and Angsana Day Spas, championship 18 hole golf course, wedding chapel, and signing privileges at over 30 restaurants and bars that form part of the Laguna Destination Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.