“Bloody fantastic from Garrie Giuliana Vincenti” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort

You added Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort to your Saves list
Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   323 Moo 2, Srisoonthorn Road, Choeng Thale, Phuket 83110, Thailand (Formerly Laguna Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
THB10,695 (THB)
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Carmel, Australia
“Bloody fantastic from Garrie Giuliana Vincenti”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We just got back to Australia after a week of absolute luxury and relaxation at this beautiful location.
We cannot rave enough about this place, the staff treat you like family and are the most polite , friendly and happiest group we have ever met.
We were members of the club and we would like to send a special thanks to San and his helpers!
It's the first time we have had the experience of the manager coming around to greet the customers. top marks to Jim Heather the manager for his happy cheerful approach to all, you can see this is reflected through his staff. It really was a great week and we cannot wait to go back again. A special surprise was the baby elephant "Candy" walking around the pool area every day and putting a smile on everybody's faces young and old.
Great! Great! Great! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go the club rooms it's the best.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We visited Outrigger laguna beach resort in Phuket from June 13 till June 19th our party included myeslf, my husband and two kids 10 & 12. I had arranged for the airport transfer with the hotel. As soon as we got out we were met by a smiling driver holding our name card , he swiftly took care of our luugage and offered us cold towels and water. When we were closing into the hotel he called the staff there and as we arrived we were warmly welcomed by San who was warm, welcoming and smiling. We were given garlands and a refreshing welcome drink.San took us to our room which was a gorgeous two bedroom villa over looking the laguna. The next morning we were met by the club manager Hana who was equally warm and always willing to help and please. The breakfast was lovely with a good spread, the club had drinks and snacks for free the entire day with warm menu and cocktails in the evening. The activities around the hotel were fun we did archery,kayaking,sailing and batik painting. The staff taking care of these activities was equally caring and warm. The kids lloved the pools and water slide. The eating options within outrigger were limited but food was amazing specially the margrita pizza that our kids had every evening as a late night snack:-) We ate in hotels inside the laguna where you can commute by a free shuttle bus or boat.
The spa is beautifully located and the service was awesome.
All in all I'd say that the entire outrigger satff welcomes you like family and makes you feel at home. when we checked out three staff member were out there to see us off.And we were actually sad to leave and wished we could stay longer.
I'd like to thank San & Hana from the bottom of my heart for making this holiday such an enjoyable and memorable one for me n my family.
We will definitely return soon!
Three cheers for Outrigger!!

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the laguna have a serene beutiful view. Siam Royal Villa is a great choice for a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wangaratta, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our My Thailand holiday at the Outrigger Laguna Resort, Phuket was the first time my husband and I had travelled overseas together. It was a wonderful experience particulary as we were supported during our travels through assistance in airport transfers and planning our activities once we arrived at our destination. The staff at the resort were excellent and the accomodation was by our standards, luxurious. I think next time we will be a little more adventurous by trying more of the local food at the markets but this holiday was a great introduction to Thailand and opened our eyes to the many experiences the country has to offer. We finished our holiday with a 3night stay at the Outrigger Phi phi Island which was a very relaxing end to our vacation. The accomodation was a beautiful garden Bungalow of equal standard to the Laguna resort. I would definitely plan a future holiday with My Holiday Centre as they were extremely helpful in organising our trip and would highly recommend a My Thailand trip to any wishing to experience Thailand for the first time or just wishing to have a relaxing holiday. Thanks to the team at My Holiday Centre.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lagoon had good view and were quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

With so many places to choose it can be confusing. We broke up our stay by staying at merlin beach resort then finishing off at outrigger laguna resort. It was the perfect mix. While at merlin we got to see patong, shop and watch a kickboxing event as well as eat at some great restaurants in patong (eg sams steakhouse). However outrigger is perfect place to relax. It has a great beach to walk along and activities such as canoeing, indoor and outdoor tennis , jet skiing, archery, badminton, and things on every few hours. There is a shuttle on request to explore laguna. Outrigger a great place to relax and chill out. At outrigger Pool slide is fantastic for kids and family room great for two kids. Lagoon view great and protected from wind. Friendly service. Thai cooking lessons was great fun and staff very friendly. Cheap laundry at shops on beach next to pool. Outrigger is a bit isolated but we knew this and that is why we broke up our trip. I think you need to see Patong at night to get a feel of thailand so advise to stay a few nights at some place like Merlin beach but finish off at outrigger. Everything is new. The only suggestion would be it needs more variety of restaurants at outrigger but understand it is low season. Musician playing at restaurant was fantastic. Day spa too expensive, compared to merlin and elsewhere which was a shame. As for activities in phuket recommend Elephant trekking with atv riding was lots of fun but pass on monkey show. Fantasia a must especially if you have young children 4 and up suited to this show. If in patong you must eat at sams steakhouse located in holiday inn. Best meal and ambience ever! Food at outrigger was reliable. Would stay again but diff time with more reliable weather.

• Stayed July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We booked our accommodation here at the last minute as a pre-holiday to our main one. But we were excited as we hadn't stayed in the north part of Phuket before and the photos looked great. The hotel itself is gorgeous with a number of pools to cater for everyone and we never had any issue getting a sun lounge etc. the pool slide is also fantastic for kids and the kids club is large and inviting for even kids up to 12yrs of age. We did find the location of Laguna quite remote however and once inside the area you are in a bit of a captive market.

The issues we had were as follows:
-They forgot to collect us from the airport (upon arriving at the hotel 3hrs after our flight arrived we said we would not be paying for the airport transfer which they agreed to)
-They couldn't understand their own special room rate for the family room which we had signed up to on their website and it took them another half hr to realize the rate included the GST
- I had called them before booking to double check that breakfast was included with the deal which they said it was if we were booking direct. They then proceeded upon check in to try and tell us it wasn't included and we could organize this part after we had checked in. I refused to check in until this was resolved and the Front desk manager then offered the adults to be free but we would have to pay 450baht each per day for the kids. I baulked at this and stood my ground and said we would walk out and find somewhere else, so she finally agreed to what we had originally signed up to.
- we were shown our family room finally after almost 4hrs only to discover it was a standard room with a day bed stuck in the corner for 2 older children. I asked what did a 'family room' offer for the extra money that a standard room didn't, because at this point they looked exactly the same. She said it was because it was on the ground floor and had a 2x1 deck outside! We were not impressed yet again as it simply wouldn't have fitted us in. To her credit she upgraded us to a slightly bigger room that could accommodate a roll a bed + the day bed which we accepted. She said she would arrange for our cases to be moved immediately and encouraged us to go for lunch first and it would all be done. We got back from lunch an hr later and still our cases had not been moved. We called again and finally they arrived.

So after 5hrs of arriving onto the island and checking into the hotel we were pretty annoyed and frustrated with the hotel.

However the front desk manager sent a card of apology the next day together with some flowers and was very helpful whenever we saw her during the rest of our stay.

So I think the communication between their reservations team and the front desk needs to be improved and their marketing team need to be a little more realistic with what they're trying to market re the family rooms because that original room was definitely not a family room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jim_Resort_Manager, Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Khun Rossdurbs,

Please accept our apologies that you vacation didn't start off as expected. We have improved our handling of last minute reservations in ensure a smooth arrival for future guests. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay once you settled in.

I hope to have another chance to show you the true Outrigger vacation experience.

boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I really struggled with where to stay in Phuket as there are so many different area's and so many Hotels - all oddly rated high. In fact most Hotels are viewed by one person and its there only review or only 1-3 in 1-3 countries. Trip Advisor reviews have become very suspicious and I believe not real. So I decided to post just to help fellow travelers....

Beach Resort review -

Pro's -
- Pool area, good reasonable food. Nice access to Boat and Beach. Nice area to sit in room under window - great place to have coffee and gaze a the lagoon.

Con's - Our room was EXTREMELY musty and smelly and wet. Not sure what this issue is here but, clothes that were on chairs, the floor or touching anything would soak up water and be wet.

We moved from the Villa's - it was hard to give up the space but nice to be near amenities.

Had pasta near the pool/beach...very good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Khun 46countries,

Thank you for trying both Outriggers in Laguna Phuket. I am sorry to hear about the musty smell you encountered. We did experience a long rainy period recently but this should not have an effect on our guest rooms.

I hope your travels bring you back to Phuket soon.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have frequented several resorts in Phuket, Indonesia, and the Phillipines, and this resort was by far the best service, facilities, and location. I arrived June 27th with my two children, both 6 years old. The trip to from the hotel was 30 min and quite easy. Arrival and checkin was easy, cool towels and drinks provided for not only me, including my kids. We had a deluxe seawview room, 2nd floor (ground level) with pool and sea veiw. I would highly recommend the side of the resort. The room was excellent. The bath room, beds, sunken tub, and electronics were all updated, modern and quite accomodating. The queen size day bed with incredible view of the pool and sea, perfect! I cannot say enough about the staff, everyone smiled, greeted and had such a warm personality. I would like to say a special thank you to May at the Koi club who was exceptionally helpful with my kids. They were rather shy to stay in th club, May went out of her way to get the kids engaged. Golf, played soccer with my son and played a game of "water polo" with the kids. I've been to a Club Med, and the staff at Outrigger was the same quality. The location adjacent to a beatiful stretcc of white sand beach and within 100 meters of the pools edge. The water slide kept the kids busy for the majortiy of the pool time. Finally, the baby elephant, Candi, was the hit of the day, and again, kept the kids entertained for 1-1/2 hours throughout the day. No complaints on the food service, good menu for kids, and cost was very reasonable (kids ate free with adult meal purchase). There is a Thai restaurant adjacent to the hotel and located on the beach, I would recommend. The choice of restaurants is limited, however the service, cuisine and choices, I was pleased. The breakfast was good, my kids enjoying the pancake/waffles. One are for improvement, only one cook was making preparing the egg/omlet station, creating a long que, sometimes 5-10 min. A second station for cooking was there. Why only one chef, yet two stations?
Small shops next door to the hotel are clean, considerate and do not hawk or hassle you. My kids found the small "Fish massage" a real treat. A local thai massage is next door, and 400 THB and an hour of relaxing massage was perfect for Dad. From my perspective, this is now my getaway, and would recommend this resort, with high marks. I sincerely appreciate the staff at Outrigger Luguna for making this an enjoyable trip for a myself and kids.

Room Tip: Deluxe Sea view is perfect. Choose 2bd floor, which is ground floor pool level.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Khun dkthk,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. Khun May and Khun Golf are truly a joy to have here. Thank you so much recognizing their sincere hospitality. It means a lot to them to get such positive feedback.

I hope to see you again in Phuket soon.

Resort Manager

Been to Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!