“Enjoyable holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Angsana Laguna Phuket

You added Angsana Laguna Phuket to your Saves list
Angsana Laguna Phuket
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   10 Moo 4 Srisoonthorn Road, Choeng Thale, Phuket 83110, Thailand (Formerly Sheraton Grande Laguna Phuket)   |
Special Price
Book Now & Enjoy 15% Off!
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Enjoyable holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We booked the suite. It was a very comfotable 2 bedroom for us ( family with 4 kids). The kids enjoyed the kidsclub, the clean pool and the walk to the beach. The staff were generally friendly and helpful. I tried the massage parlour at the hotel. The ambiance and service was good. The cleaners ensured they came to clean the room every day. We also checked out the free kayaking accross the lake. that was nice. The Breakfast buffet was a bore though as they served the same menu every day. But Overall it was a good trip.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
HK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed in this resort site under Sheraton three times. I am surprised to see the 'shiny-blue' swimming pool which looks much more pleasant and comfortable when compared with the old green tiles. The resort is very conveniently accessed to the beach which is large and the sand is white and fine. The Xana Beach Club seems to be very attractive to those who enjoy loud music and pool drink.
The major disappointment is about the services and the friendliness of the staff. When we checked in, we had to wait for a long time to have our 5 rooms settled. However, we were not served with cold towels and welcome drink while the kids of my family were feeding the mosquitoes. I have to say that the staff were generally polite but smiles were missing often, esp. those working in the restaurants. Housekeeping usually could not replace all used items or clean all glasses or cups.
The ferry to other hotels were not run as scheduled but no notice was posted at jetties.
The newly built glass rooms opposite to the gym room had made the breakfast area less windy (but stuffy indeed). We had to choose to stay indoor to avoid sweating too much during the breakfast. This did not happen in my last three visits.

Room Tip: Lagoon view is always the best.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed in a two-bedroom loft. The duplex is nicely decorated and conveniently located, but the lighting needs to be further improved. It is a bit hard to see the stairs at night especially for the elderly and children. The check-out staff at the Reception needs to be more efficient. Others are perfect.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com

Kelmis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

After staying in the Two-Bedroom Loft with our son last year, we decided to go for the One-Bedroom Loft this time since we were traveling as a couple. It is a very spacious two-storey building overlooking the lagoon, with its own terrace, living area, and a cozy bedroom upstairs. There is also a second bathroom with outdoor shower which we loved. The lofts are located behind the main building in a more calm area of the resort. Perfect for a relaxed and quiet getaway. We stayed for three nights and received a free voucher for the Angsana Spa, which we used on our first day. The treatment was superb!
The breakfast buffet leaves nothing to desire; very good in terms of food selection and service. We also tried Baan Talay, the Thai Seafood restaurant, which was excellent. I do not understand why other reviewers complain about the outlets being overpriced. I paid 50 USD (for two) for a great dinner including aperitifs, starters, a selection of main courses, and wine. Obviously you can have dinner for 15 USD outside the resort, but you won’t get the same service, ambiance, and quality of food and beverages. We also visited Poolside daily for our afternoon Pineapple shakes and an occasional light snack.
When we visited last year the beach club was not yet completed. This year we spent a fair amount of time over there. Our favorite spot remained the resort’s 323 meter pool though, with sufficient shadow spots and beautifully landscaped gardens all around.

We are already looking forward to our holiday next year!

Bath
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

This is a huge sprawling place, crammed with kids and families, which is great if. You have little ones, not so otherwise.
We travelled with our 13 yr old, and were lucky enough to stay in a 2 bedroom loft which is at a quiet end of the resort, but gives you a walk to the beach which is a bit of a drag when it is soooo hot. We were allowed to use the Bodega for breakfast which was nice and peaceful and only suffered the horrors of the main breakfast area once which was like hell on earth.
The pool near the lofts was also mainly quiet, unlike the beach style pool which I avoided as there were lots of children...great if you have kids.
The loft rooms are in serious need of up dating, especially in regard to decoration and air con, which would not go below 25' too hot for us Brits.
Also around the resort there are lots of areas which are untidy and in need of repair such as the disused pizza oven area at the Bodega which has all the old fridges and tables just lying there, and the oil drums holding up some sort of pipe work on a channel in the Lagoon.
Finally the cost of in resort food and beverages is extortionate, lucky we had a copious supply of free drinking water, and took advantage of the free cocktails offered to Loft Room guests. But the cost of in room beer 150 TB per can and poolside snacks 2000TB for decidedly average lunch for 3 is really taking the mickey.
Go elsewhere there are lots of places to choose from, we won't return.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Good:
Very nice swimming pool
hotel service very good and people friendly
room very clean.
Laguna is a beautifull place

Minus:
Quality of buffet in restaurants could be improved
breakfast is just a big mess (too small for the number of people)
charge wronly minibar but corrected it immediatly

Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is just a huge overbuilt piece of land be prepared to walk into a small city not a hotel.Most of the staff are rude and unhelpful however there were a few like the very sweet Russian lady at reception and the other receptionists that were helpful. The lagun is nice unless you staying on a particular side of it in which case it looks more like a swamp.

The hotel is hammered and we were taken to a council block styled building that had broken glass and chipped paint everywhere, maintenance was going on and there were gaping holes in the road. The rooms were ok but they were tired and in desperate need of a make over. I am rather horrified that this place gets the reviews it does, I had to fight back my tears as I had just left The Surin Phuket which I have reviewed and this was the polar opposite.

The GM of this hotel was superb and he was a very kind man to hear how much we disliked his hotel which I am sure is not easy given the fact that trip advisor has given them a certificate of excellence? Credit to the GM he did call my sister up often to check if he could do anything to make their stay better (they moved rooms twice due to banging pice of wood from a broken fence and I can't remember the second but rest assured she will review this place)but really this hotel suits a young family as it is cheap at the price and filled with kids.

My sister had a baby so we not mocking but the children are allowed in all the bars and they irritated me by jumping all over my chair/screaming while their parents looked on. I know this is 100% not the hotels problem but as guest I was very upset looking at kids around the age of 7+ wearing push up bras and hotpants so tight you could see what they ate for breakfast - I really had to hold my anger back - how could a parent let their kids walk around looking like a lady of the night. The hotel was not filled with these sorts of kids but they were around and it made me sad but then again I am a bit conservative.

Lastly the elephant - I am not sure if this animal is mistreated but this is just WRONG on so many levels. Clearly the families loved it as I saw the poor animal being surrounded by screaming kids and the trainer was wiping his snout dry so the children never got wet. I have to stop here as I am starting to get mad.

We ended up checking out a day earlier and loosing our money but I think for us this hotel was below standard and we should have done more research.

Good points:
If you have kids from 5+ this place will be cool as their are large amounts of kids to play with.
Pool is clean and big.
Breakfast is good with lots of choice and good coffee.
Gym is brilliant.
FANTASTIC General manager.

Room Tip: Be careful which side of the swamp you stay on.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Angsana Laguna Phuket? Share your experiences!