“Beautiful resort, great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angsana Laguna Phuket

You added Angsana Laguna Phuket to your Saves list
Angsana Laguna Phuket
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   10 Moo 4 Srisoonthorn Road, Choeng Thale, Phuket 83110, Thailand (Formerly Sheraton Grande Laguna Phuket)   |
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Choeng Thale
“Beautiful resort, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Angsana Laguna resort with my wife and 3 children. My kids are age 16, 14 and 8 and everyone had a wonderful time. We stayed at one of the 3 bedroom residence homes. At first we were concerned with the distance from the residence to the main resort, but the shuttle service is very efficient and easy to use. The residence is very large and comfortable for a family, it make you feel at home. The breakfast buffet at the resort is wonderful as well as the menu breakfast. The location on the beach is nice, I recommend hitting some of the restaurants along the beach north of the resort. We went to 2 of them and really enjoyed them both. The pool is one of best that we have seen in a resort, the kids could play there for hours, and the pool is so large it never feels crowded. We also took a couple of the tours, one was the jungle safari with elephant trekking and bamboo rafting the other was a trip to Phi Phi Islands. We enjoyed both tours, but I would really recommend a jungle safari to Khao Sok National Park. Everything about the resort is first class, I would definitely recommend the Angsana Laguna Resort to friends and family.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Angsana was recommended by a friend to me who has stayed there before. Although the hotel is kind of secluded from all the big night lives (such as Patong and other places) it is very quiet at night and if you want a holiday for relaxation and take stress away, this is a great place to stay

If you want to excitement at night, Xana may not be big enough for you.

Local restaurants around the beach is great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Loved this hotel! Staff were amazing ! Great rooms! Excellent food !
This was our first visit to this hotel and it was a real treat.
I can't state enough how fantastic the staff were - the customer service is like nothing you would ever get in North America . Can't wait to go back

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

The easiest way for me to review this is just to copy and paste the letter of complaint I sent to the manager:

I stayed at the angsana for 2 weeks from January 28th until feb 10th. I was staying at the angsana to have my wedding and my honeymoon there, and to be honest I had more than a few problems.

When we arrived as we were staying with 30 guests for our wedding and honeymoon I was expecting our trip to be more special than standard. However basic and standard our treatment was.

When we checked in we didn't receive a congratulations on our nuptials or any special mention, we didn't get an upgrade for being the bride and groom (although family staying at the outrigger did), and we didn't have anything complimentary waiting for us in our room. To be honest we weren't made to feel special for having our wedding there at all!

Then we found out there had been some severe communication break down between narabudin and myself and a few days before the wedding the DJ had yet to been booked. I paid an extra $850 AUD to get the DJ booked although I had thought it was in our agreed price already. I was told the extra $850 would ensure an incredible DJ, lighting no dancefloor. The lighting was basic, the DJ played music I had requested but kept putting a fog horn sound over every song and the dancefloor was not only wobbly but it had loose staples in it that went into my mothers foot.

On my hen do we booked a island tour with Laguna phuket and specified that we would need 3 drop off points on our return and were told that was ok. But on the actual day the driver refused to drop of my guests and would only return to the angsana. When I tried to discuss this with the reception staff I was given the brush off and nothing was done about it.

During my wedding another wedding had been booked in for the following day, I'm sure this usually wouldn't be an issue but this was a wedding with 800 guests. This meant that my guests were moved on from facilities during their stay three times (the beach and the beach club), it meant that I couldn't get a taxi on the night of my rehearsal dinner as there was a queue of 50 cars for the other guests and it meant on my wedding day I couldn't get a buggy from the beach to my wedding reception because they were reserved for the other wedding and I had to walk barefoot in my wedding dress and on my wedding day.

All these things left me feeling undervalued and deflated, not how I would expect from my chosen wedding venue and a 5 star resort.

On positive note the meal we had at baan talay restaurant on my husbands birthday was amazing, I had booked in advance and requested a vegan meal for myself which was delicious and a birthday cupcake for my husband which was also amazing. The spa was also amazing and the staff flawless.

As well as this crystal reidemann and budsaba throngot were fantastic organisers and helped me enormously to make my wedding what I wanted it to be.

My experience at angsana was not an overall enjoyable one and as it is now I would never return to this resort, nor allow anyone I know to visit the resort either.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The first impression was one of excellence and this persisted throughout the entire stay.

The staff were warm, friendly, courteous and helpful.

Presentation of every aspect of the hotel from grooming of staff to cleanliness of the entire hotel area was outstanding.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I think in the facilities is old, the other I am very satisfied
Villa relatively far leave the hotel, later may be closer to choose to live, and the quality of the breakfast. Waiter when we come to the welcome drink, not sent to me this is lack of hope to improve.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I felt compelled to let people know about the elephant baby Lucky the hotel parades about. This really upset our family and the sad thing was most tourists didn't know how cruel it is. The hotel would have been better without this cruelty. Lucky is a baby elephant who comes around the hotel twice delay. Look closely and you'll see scars where the mahoott has 'broken it in' through stabbing. This is unfortunately normal practice in Thailand. When we were there lucky was rocking, elephants get nervous around loud noises so putting him next to a busy breakfast area with kids isn't nice to see. Please if you go let the manager know tourists don't want to see this!

Anyway on the positives angsana is a very nice hotel. The pool was so big and my nephew enjoyed the kids club. The breakfast was lovely with loads of choice. The service was pretty slow and it was so expensive we had to eat out all the time. Also camt believe they charged for bike hire. This is normally free at other hotels. Overall we enjoyed the stay but the elephant made me sad and I had to rate it average because of this.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Angsana Laguna Phuket? Share your experiences!