We stayed at Angsana for six days late in January before travelling to Bangkok for a week.
Having been visitors to Phuket since 1988 we were looking for somewhere that had the intimacy and "uncluttered feeling" of the old Phuket.
This was the perfect hotel to stay in for relaxing and charging up the batteries for what lie ahead of us.
We booked a two bedroom Angsana Suite as we were travelling with our two six year olds. This was situated in what is called the "villas' section of the hotel which has it's own private pool (connected to the main pool through a "lazy river") with a jacuzzi section and the Bodega Grill & Restaurant which we could eat breakfast in. We could also have breakfast at the main Marketplace breakfast buffet but Bodega generally provided a more relaxed, private feeling to it with a menu for cooked food as well as the buffet. The room itself was not that large but the clever use of mirrors in the living area, reflecting the outside panorama does prevent any feeling of claustrophobia. Free cocktails and snacks between 5pm and 6pm in Loy Krathong Bar were an added bonus that we took advantage of a couple of times.
We dined at all six restaurants in the resort and could not fault the food or service. The Thai buffet in Ban Thalay was excellent as was the lobster at Bodega.Dining at XANA they even remembered what I drank from a visit to the bar three days earlier and had it on our table within two minutes of sitting down. Unprompted. We found the price for food and wine comensurate with what you would expect of a resort of this standing and actually quite reasonable. The variety between each of the restaurants meant that we never had to consider the same meal twice.
XANA Beach Club is unfortunately extremely under utilised. There would not have been more than a dozen people there on the two occasions that we went which is a shame considering the vibe of the place and their staff. If it was in Patong there would probably be a line a mile long waiting to enter.
The complimentary boat shuttles around the resort were a great help in getting to see what else was around the area as were the kayaks which we utilised.
The staff at all the restaurants and, in fact, throughout the resort were extremely friendly and professional in carrying out their duties. If something could not be done when we asked for it, they went out of their way to ensure that it did occur within the shortest possible time. Our boys did not want to leave the kids club. And my wife swears her massage at Angsana was the best spa experience of her life.
Perhaps the only drawback was the main pool area which was also frequented by people staying at the surrounding hotels making it a bit busy at times. And the amount of older guests walking through the outside dining areas in their racing bathers! Not the hotels fault though.
Overall we had a great stay and would certainly stay at Angsana again. Phuket has very few resorts of this calibre
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm tropical sun, pristine white sand beaches and a shimmering blue sea. Angsana Laguna Phuket has it all. Play golf, snorkel, island hop, or bask on the beach, this is the ideal resort to spend a restful beach vacation, romantic rendezvous or a fun-filled family holiday. Angsana Laguna Phuket is the flagship establishment of the Angsana Hotels and Resorts - managed by luxury hospitality brand, the Banyan Tree Group. The resort features 403 immaculately decorated guest rooms, lofts, suites and private villa residences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Angsana Laguna Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Laguna Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Sheraton Hotel Cherngtalay
- Sheraton Resort Cherngtalay
- Sheraton Phuket
- Sheraton Grande Laguna Phuket
- Phuket Sheraton
- Angsana Laguna Phuket Thailand