We stayed here for 10 days, probably 7 days too long. If you are staying longer, you would find very little variety in the breakfast or facilities as they are repeated exactly. So we had them twice over.
The staff are at reception are more concerned about how much it would cost you to be of service. My son was unwell during our stay. We enquirer about going to the hospital. First we had difficulty getting understood despite them advertising they speak English so we spoke to the assistant manager. Again the emphasis was not about the urgency of helping me but tat they will find out how much it would cost to take us ther. The cost - 1000 baths one way.
When we attempt to check out, the reception cannot locate the credit card slip or my folder. They can't understand why I would be concerned that my details could be wrongly given to someone else ( the details are not encrypted on the slips as I had seen my father in laws slip)
You can defitely assume that I will not be returning here.
They close restaurants without informing you. I walked from one end of the hotel ( the grande rooms) to Marketplace restaurant to find it closed. When I mentioned this, they said they hope I re-visit the next night. We did and it was closed again! No notice no prior warning whatsoever.
If there is a function there, you will be treated as second class even though you pay first class rate!
One night, our room was flooded from a leak from the air conditioning. It was gushing with water. Again no mention of the inconvenience, no apologies for the disturbance at 3am.
All in all a very poor quality service. It really is a pity as the hotel has a good setting but the staff definitely need training to a five star quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm tropical sun, pristine white sand beaches and a shimmering blue sea. Angsana Laguna Phuket has it all. Play golf, snorkel, island hop, or bask on the beach, this is the ideal resort to spend a restful beach vacation, romantic rendezvous or a fun-filled family holiday. Angsana Laguna Phuket is the flagship establishment of the Angsana Hotels and Resorts - managed by luxury hospitality brand, the Banyan Tree Group. The resort features 403 immaculately decorated guest rooms, lofts, suites and private villa residences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Angsana Laguna Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Laguna Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Sheraton Hotel Cherngtalay
- Sheraton Resort Cherngtalay
- Sheraton Phuket
- Sheraton Grande Laguna Phuket
- Phuket Sheraton
- Angsana Laguna Phuket Thailand