Our party of 11 arrived here for 2 weeks at the end of January,we arrived very early after a 11 hour flight from gatwick on the Dreamliner.firstly I must say the flight was great and the Dreamliner is definitely the most comfortable plane I have been on.After arriving ahead of schedule we were not surprised that we had to wait a while for our rooms and most of us got them within half hour, our own room took a bit longer but didn't matter in the end as we had a lovely room overlooking the pool( where the bar is!) the only down full to the room was that it was on the 3rd floor and there are no lifts! The beds are very hard even with a topper but I found them comfortable and never had a back ache ( which I usually do at home) We were all inclusive at the hotel but you have to sign receipts after all meals and drinks even though it shows a zero total, I can only assume this is because the hotel only started the all inclusive option in November 2013 and want to see if it is cost effective for them, it is on Thompson uk that have the all inclusive option and there were only a about 20 at anyone week. The hotel is predominantly made up of French so the entertainment is very much for them, there were some lovely bands playing while eating in the restaurant in the evening,but once you eat you couldn't really sit there just to watch them, in saying that the music could still be heard in the lobby area where it really is the only place to sit and drink in the evening.We didn't really join in with the quizzes or karaoke as again it was mainly in French.The entertainment team made no effort with our group during the whole stay,that was probably due to the language barrier.
The food was as good as I have had on previous all inclusive holidays but does become repetitive. The best meal of the day was lunchtime in the a la carte restaurant opposite the beach, you are treated like the paying customers( 99% of them were) good quality food was chosen from the menus including fillet steak! We did eat out a few times but only for a change of scenery, McDonalds is only up the road and a tuk tuk will only cost 200 baht to get there ( around £4) for about 4 of you.dont be tempted to eat at the Indian restaurant just outside the hotel, although very cheap and friendly all the food was tasteless! Nok and joes bar is a must on a Wednesday and Sunday evenings, they put on a great ladyboy show for 150 baht (£3) but if you eat there then the show is free. This is just a short walk from the hotel. My husband had some shirts and trousers made while there from one of the local shops by the hotel, 7 shirts and 2 trousers cost £170. They were perfect and a bargain.
A visit to Patong is a must but if you have children like we did then go before 11pm as it gets a bit seedy and very very busy.
We did the phi phi islands excursion and again this is a must, great day out and the speed boats are a lot of fun.
There were jet skis on the beach by the hotel but we were told by the Thompson rep not to use them as they are not insured and can con you out of money if they choose to blame you out of damage that was previously done.
All in all we had a great time and have never been to a cleaner hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax and play in paradise at our full-service beach resort located directly on the white sand beach of Bangtao bay near Laguna Phuket. Enjoy spacious rooms with private balconies and stunning Andaman sea views. There's plenty to keep you occupied while visiting us. Whether you're planning a romantic get-away or family vacation, there's something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Premier Bangtao Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Bangtao Beach Resort And Spa
- Best Western Premier Bangtao Beach Hotel Surin Beach
- Best Western Cherngtalay
- Cherngtalay Best Western
- Best Western Phuket
- Phuket Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Premier Bangtao Beach Resort & Spa Phuket, Thailand