“50 Baht Chang Draft During Low Season” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Thalang District, Thailand
“50 Baht Chang Draft During Low Season”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Wife and I were talking a walk along Surin Beach with no intention of eating when we were stopped by a hawker from Nok Seafood. I guess hawker is bad word to use he may have been the manager but he was such a nice guy and very passionate about the food that we had to give it a try. The location is excellent set a bit higher up over the beach than most of the other beach side restaurants. The young manager guy sold us on the deep fried squid with garlic and pepper and the 50 BHT Chang Draft during happy hour which was actual three hours.

I docked them one star for the old waiter dude that took so long to get the bill.

I would go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London
“Loved the pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Came back here most evening during our stay in Surin Beach a wonderful beachside restaurant. Excellent value and the pizza was delicious.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Delhi, India
“Value for money !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Food is delicious and totally worth the money . Their fruit juices were absolutely fresh and superb to the taste ! The location is fantastic, overlooking the beach and the service is quick. Only glitch was that the staff didn't seem very friendly and were sour faced. But they seemed to warm up to us. I also got a wrong order of chicken, while i had ordered shrimp, but it was so yummy , i ate that instead of sending it back ! It was flat soya noodles with chicken , in a slight gravy = Yum ! My family had prawn cocktail , fish and chips , etc.
The kids enjoyed the food and their mango smoothie is a must have ! Do sit outside and enjoy the beach view . The bbq and the grill seemed to be pretty good too as many people seemed to be ordering from that.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong
“Save Money, Eat at Nok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The menu and prices are very similar to Twin Brothers seafood. In my opinion they are equally good but I would say Twin Brother's pizza was slightly better. The food is very standard but the portion is good and the service is friendly and fast. The drinks were good too, they didn't slump on the size. And no mosquito bites here which was great cause I got bitten at the restaurants down the beach...

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Phuket, Thailand
“Bad Sunday Night”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I caught a bad evening here at Nok Seafood Restaurant. This was on Sunday the 08 April at 20:30. My party of 3 others and myself were begrudgingly shown to a table by staff who did not seem happy at all.I ordered a jug of beer and was sent a glass of beer. Glass of beer costing 70 Baht and a jug, 170Baht.
Then I tried to order a Salmon Steak. They did not have salmon steak that night. The staff then spent the next 25 minutes trying to get a salmon steak for me. Meanwhile my other guests food had arrived on the table, they then waited for 14 minutes before any plates arrived, then after numerous requests, the staff brought along the eating utensils. I still did not have a meal. I ordered a jug of beer, this took ten minutes to arrive at the table.
BY now one staff member was feverously running to and from the table apologising about the salmon steak, all in Thai language.
After all my guests had finished their meals, my salmon steak arrived. It was dry, without taste and looked like it had been bought from a street vender.
The view was not too bad looking past all the beach clutter and out to sea.
Total bill 2110Baht for four persons.
Would I return . . .no.