“Decent Affordable Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Surintra

You added Surintra to your Saves list
Surintra
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49/1 Moo 3, Surin Beach Road, Choeng Thale, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Lawndale, California
“Decent Affordable Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Pros: I only stayed here 1 night, but I thought the hotel was decent and affordable compared to the hotels next door. The location was great (across from the beach) and the rooms were clean, large, had a nice outdoor back patio/deck to BBQ, a nice large fridge and sitting area. The pool was decent, but I think part of it was out of order. If I had stayed longer, this may have been an issue, but it was fine for me.

Cons: The shower in my room was great, but the drain didn't work properly, so I was standing in water during my shower. I also returned back to my hotel room after dinner and there was a small cockroach on my bed - yikes!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Surintra, Guest Service Supervisor at Surintra, responded to this review, February 8, 2014

Warm greetings from Surintra Boutique Resort!

Thank you very much for staying with us and giving us an opportunity to serve you. We really appreciate your time taken to share your stay with us.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues that you have raised. We have discussed to the relevant departments the points you have mentioned so improvements can be done.

We hope to be of service to you again here at Surintra Boutique Resort. Please do not hesitate to reach me if you may need further assistance or information.

Surintra Boutique Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed there for just one night before return back home. Didn't book, just checked online that they have some rooms available and came over. This made a bit of misunderstanding at front desk as it seems like it's not a common thing for them to get somebody without reservation. Anyway they shown me the room and it was great!
Of course "pure concrete" is not my favourite style, but design was very nice and cozy.
And it was the biggest room I got in Thailand.
Nice outdoor kitchen with big fridge and a swing set, huge shower, fan, aircon, king-size bed and even a pair of flippers!
Nicely done!
Breakfast was pretty good too. Not great but nice.
No "sea view" or even "garden view" here, but it was ok for me.
Swimming pool is nice and lovely decorated and illuminated.
4 min walk thru the park and I found myself on Sirin beach. Seems like the cleanest I saw on Phuket.
Would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Warm greetings from Surintra Boutique Resort!

Thank you very much for staying with us and giving us an opportunity to serve you. We really appreciate your feedback and our team are pleased that we made your holiday a good one.

Please also accept our sincere apologies for the issues that you have raised upon checking-in. We have discussed to the relevant departments the points you have mentioned so improvements can be done.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

My sisters and I booked into this hotel and since it is really inexpensive, we didn't expect much. However, when we were showed our room, we were very impressed. The room is beautiful and BIG, considering that we have an extra bed too. If you like that little industrial feel, then you will love this place. The balcony over looks lots of greens which is really relaxing.

Usually, when a hotel mentions that they are near to the beach, you kinda have to take it with a pinch of salt but this is really near. Let's put it this way, it's the same distance as the top end hotel like Hilton DoubleTree!

The pool is decent as well. There's also a convenience store just right behind the hotel which is really handy when you need ice. A bag for just 10baht. Bargain!

I will definitely come back to this place again, anytime! Like what my sisters said, this hotel adds to the nice experience in Surin.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Warm greetings from Surintra Boutique Resort!

Thank you very much for staying with us and giving us an opportunity to serve you. We really appreciate your feedback and our team are glad that we made your holiday a good one.

Palma de Mallorca, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Very helpfull and friendly staff. Lovely hotel with a very big, quiet and clean comfortable room and a very nice breakfast.We specially lobee the small terrace on the back and the very comfi bed...We Came without a reservation and told them we were Looking for a quite place to relax. they showed us 2 rooms and díd the best to accomodate us aspa.Superb valué for money..... will come back for sure.

Room Tip: U4 was very good
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Warm greetings from Surintra Boutique Resort!

Thank you very much for staying with us and giving us an opportunity to serve you. We really appreciate your feedback and our team are just pleased that we made your holiday a good one.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Yes as many say Surin beach is quiet but it is beautiful and not overcrowded. The hotel entrance is in an alleyway which at first I thought that maybe I booked at the wrong place but once in I loved it. It's not a luxury hotel but very nice. The rooms are big and clean. No bugs in the room in my 4 day stay. They lend you beach towels. They have a big fridge. BUT they only give you 2 bottles of water free a day so stock up on water. The breakfast is buffet style and minimal but still good. Overall enjoyed my stay. :)

• Stayed November 2013

cairns
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

On the whole Surin Beach was not that great a holiday destination...the beach was nice but unless you intend to spend all day every day there, there is little else to do. As far as Surintra goes I only give it a "POOR" reveiw as they tried to rip us off. We got a deluxe room with jacuzzi for $30 AUD on wotif.com....it was meant to be a deluxe room minus jacuzzi but wotif screwed up so we scored the jacuzzi room...for this price we were more than satisfied with the room. It was big and modern and totally concrete (not to our taste but no complaints). However the water pressure to the jacuzzi was so low it wouldn't trigger the hot water so we had to boil the jug about 20 times to warm it. The hotel did send someone to fix it but his "fix" didn't really do much...all good everything cruised along until it was time to check out. MAKE SURE YOU DO A ROOM INVENTORY ON ARRIVAL!! Apparently there is a laundry bag in every room on top of the safe...now when we arrived the safe didn't work and a staff member had to fiddle with it and there had never been a bag on top of it. When we went to check out another woman insisted we had taken said laundry bag and wanted to charge us about $12 AUD for it. I told her no there was no laundry bag and asked the woman who had helped with the safe to confirm this...she insists there was and that she saw us put in into our luggage the day before "on your way to the beach".........we didn't go to the beach the day before and there had been a man at the desk when we left to go get coffee on the other side of town....anyways I insisted she check our luggage to prove we didn't take the freakin laundry bag and she immediately went apologetic and friendly. She knew we didn't take the bag but was hoping to make a little extra for herself i believe and after reading all the stories of theft in previous reviews it doesn't surprise me...we never left any valuables behind during our stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you are in the new building
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Surintra, General Manager at Surintra, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your comment, sir. We feel sorry for all the incidence. And we must apologize for this situation. I as General Manager certifies that it will not make the event this happens again. With our pleasures we would like to invite you come back here again.
Respectfully your, Sarah.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

As you can read in my review about Surin Beach, this is not a destination I would recommend you if you are looking for WOW factor.
[I would go to Railay Beach (Krabi) or even to Phi Phi (which is super beautiful but touristy to me).
But I did go and stay in Surin Beach at the Surintra, here's my review:
Since the hotel that my friends stayed in was overbooked I had to look for something else, so I found the Surintra.
The price is super cheap and as they say "you get what you pay for".
No vibe of vacation, felt more like guest house than hotel.
The pool was ok, and the room was big and clean.
They provide you beach towels and beach is about 5 minutes walk from the hotel.
Breakfast was poor and had barely anything, which is a shame because in Thailand it's super easy for hotels to provide rich breakfast because of prices.
I would recommend you eating breakfast for the same price on one of the beach front restaurant (unfortunately I don't remember it's name but it was super cheap).

On the main road you will find grocery store and two local bars, which was the only great thing about it (and I don't even like drinking). Look for Sai, she is great.
Take in mind that besides one hotel in Surin Beach, there are not beachfront hotels in Surin so if you know that you are not going to stay a lot in the hotel then no need to pay for the bigger ones.

When I left the hotel I realized that I lost my wallet. Last time I saw it, it was in the safe, I contacted the hotel and they said they didn't see/ have it. Since it's my word verses theirs, I would just say, put more attention on your belongings and double check you've got everything before leaving.
And to the one who has my wallet with my 400 euros I would wish to enjoy the money for medicine and health care.

I booked with the hotel airport transfer from 900BHT (it's fixed price for car) and the driver was on time waiting for me (don't worry if you don't do it, you will find many other offering it to you. Again, it's a fix price to Surin- 900BHT so don't pay more). On the way back, I book transfer from hotel and the driver was late. Take in mind to tell them to be there 10 minutes before the time you want to leave.

If I recommend staying there? The answer would be only if you really have to be in Surin and Phuket.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from Surintra Boutique Resort.

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback about your stay and giving us the opportunity to serve you. Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues that you have raised. We have discussed it to the relevant department the points you have mentioned so improvements can be done.

Surintra Boutique Resort

Been to Surintra? Share your experiences!