“Repeat Customers” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Brisbane, Australia
“Repeat Customers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Service was slow and not the greatest - but far from the worst. The food on the other hand was really good. We were staying at the Doubletree Resort so this place was really convenient for us. We ended up eating here 3 times during our 11 days in Surin Beach.

Each time we were in a group of 10-12 people and we were quite relaxed and enjoying ourselves so the service wasn't a big issue for us. We just enjoyed the good food and relaxed setting, plus the meals were great value for money.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cairns, Australia
“Terrible value for money.. and waited over 35 minutes for Pad Thai”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We walked by the place a couple times.. was reasonably busy. But when it has soccer or some English sport on TV it looks busier. Most of these patrons were not eating.
We made the mistake of eating.

The wait staff were nice enough. The head lady wished us congratulations on our recent marriage and we shared a joke.

The food however is not great. The menu lists EVERYTHING... from spaghetti and other Italian dishes, to classic British food - sheppards pie, fish n chips, etc.. and then there is a steaks page, seafood page, and a couple pages of Thai.. yea the menu is elaborate.
But can this restaurant do all this food? and do it well?? For us - its a NO.
We had a western salad - smoked salmon salad. it did not look like the picture in the menu. There were 2 olives, about 4 slices of smoked salmon, 4 slices of cucumber, 2 slices of tomato.. very very chincey on anything in that salad except for lettuce. It was mainly a bowl full of lettuce for 200 baht. Terrible value for money here.
And then it got worse.

We waited over 35 minutes for our Pad Thais to come. We both ordered the same dish. The dish takes just a couple of minutes to make - we've made it ourselves in both cooking classes and at home.. weve seen it made on the street here.. but in this restaurant it took over 35 minutes. it was unacceptable.

When the Pad Thai arrived it had exactly 2 shrimp in it. not 3, not 4.. nothing more.. each pad thai had exactly 2 shrimp ONLY! and just an average Pad Thai - nothing I would recommend trying.
Really don't bother with this place. it is not worth the money. It's not worth your time on holiday to eat here

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Numazu, Japan
“Worst service I've ever had.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I are generally easy going people and if our dinning experience doesn't go too well we are pretty accomodating. However, Dining at the Surin Bay Inn was an awful experience. After we were seated, our waitress asked for our order. Her restaurant English wasn't great, that's cool with us, so we just pointed at the number menu and gestured the quantity we wanted. We took time with the girl so she didn't feel rushed, yet she still managed to forget our order. After we waited about 45 minutes ( which was fine we didn't make a full, it's Songkran and all and they might be a little understaffed today) one of our mains arrived, but we hadn't received our entrees yet though many of the other patrons who had arrived after us had received their entrees and were onto their main . Thinking they forgot I asked the waitress for our entrees, two prawn cocktails, and 15 minutes later we received one prawn cocktail. 15 minutes later I asked where the second one was. 20 minutes after that, we had decided that we had had enough and asked for the bill. 10 minutes pass, no bill. We get up to leave and a we move to the till our second prawn cocktail miraculously appears. Sorry we are not interested. We didn't make a fuss, but quietly mentioned that the service was not good enough and we will pay for our two drinks and single prawn cocktail and that was all. Amidst scowls they procrastinated yet further with giving us the bill. We were on the brink of just walking out the door when they finally gave us the bill to pay. Surly forgetful staff was a real downer for our night. Fortunately we went to somewhere much better to finish our meal.
Don't waste your time eating here.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chonburi, Thailand
“Worst service. Dont go here if you want what you ordered. Incompetent staff.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went here as it looked to have a nice menu and it was always busy. We ordered two drinks, 2 prawn cocktails and a main each. We got our drinks quickly. We then waited 20-30mins. The place was busy. We saw people who had been seated after us get there appetisers. We still waited. One of our mains turned up. We said, quite politely, that we would prefer our appetisers first. We waited another few minutes. A different girl brought the main back. We again, nicely asked if we could have our prawn cocktails first before we eat our main. Oh ok she answered ( main dish was then left on the serving counter). Other, later seated people got their mains. We inquired again as to the location of our 2 prawn cocktails. More time pasts. We finally get A prawn cocktail. Just one. Husband and I exchange puzzled looks. Ok. We will wait for the other one. 5 mins... 10mins. This is beyond ridiculous. So far we have waited 40 mins for one prawn cocktail. I understand it was busy, but other patrons have FINISHED their meal!!! So we quietly, read angrily, eat the one prawn cocktail and make plans to just leave. We ask the girl for the check for just what we had eaten and drank, we are leaving. Not 30 seconds later she comes back with the other prawn cocktail!!! Too late. We AGAIN say we are leaving and will only pay for what we have eaten/ drank. More time, sitting waiting. We get pissed off. Go up to the counter to pay. More time. The cashier angrily goes through what we had and what we didn't. We pay, dont tip or say thankyou and leave the place.
We have never done that in any place ever before.
Your staff are incompetent.
Don't go here, head to Tex Mex next door for great food AND service.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Helsinki
“Good food, but absolutely HORRIBLE service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I went to the Surin Bay Inn for lunch one day and must say I enjoyed the food very much! By the time I was eating, I was the only customer in the restaurant. There were 3 members of staff though. Once I was finished with my lunch, I was looking around a little bit to see whether I could catch anyone's eye to come and bring me the bill, but since that wasn't possible, I thought I'd just sit and wait it out. This ended up with me lying with my head on the table reading a book for 20 minutes before anyone came over. And I was literally only 10 meters away from those 3 members of staff who were busy chatting and reading newspapers. I was looking none too pleased when the waitress arrived, but this whole episode was met with the customary Thai giggle. Needless to say, didn't leave a tip :-)

Visited March 2013