We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard for the second part of our holiday and although I can't fault too much, it wasn't as great as I had expected it to be! Saying that, we had just come from the 5* luxury that is The Village on Coconut Island!
When we got to the hotel, it was just past 2pm and our check in time was 2pm, but our room wasn't ready. We were offered another room at a higher price that we hadn't budgeted for, therefore could not afford. We were asked to either wait in reception or by the pool and someone would come and find us when the room was ready. After a wedding the night before and a fair journey to get there, this was the last thing I wanted to do! However, we had some lunch in the restaurant, which was lovely, but our room wasn't ready until gone 3.30pm!! We were impressed with the location of our room (ground floor, right by the pool) but not so much as to what was waiting for us inside!! There were three of us staying in the room (all friends luckily!) and they had pushed the 2 albeit large single beds together, and put a smaller put you up bed next to those. Due to this arrangement there was no room in the room to move let alone store our suitcases!! Luckily we were only there to sleep, but it was a bit of a hassle to get ready in the evenings. The bathroom was smallish, comprising of a sink, toilet and shower (which leaked on occasions). Also on the first night I was the last to shower and although some might find it nice in the heat of Thailand, the water was cold! To be fair though, this did only happen once. The room itself had a small wardrobe, mini-bar fridge, desk and large flat screen TV. Our balcony was nicely placed as we were able to sit out and look at the pool and also leave our room through the balcony doors to get to the pool. The only problem with that was that other people seemed to enjoy using it too!! On our first night we saw some other guests going for a swim around midnight, only to find their used beer cans on our balcony table in the morning!!
The maids came every day to clean, tidy and change beds, but as it's a big hotel they didn't always get to us until around lunch time. This was great when we wanted a lie in, but when relaxing in the room to get away from the heat it could be a bit annoying.
As said before the food at the restaurant was lovely, they served both Thai and Western food, that was equally as good as each other. They also had a barbeque by the pool and you could either order food from the BBQ or restaurant and they would bring it to your sun lounger. The only problem we encountered with the food, was that some days they had similar dishes on the BBQ menu to that of the restaurant. They didn't explain this when taking your order from either and I ended up with a dish from the BBQ in the restaurant when I wanted the other.
All the staff at the hotel were attentive and friendly and would take your orders whenever required.
The bar at the hotel had 2 happy hours, which we thought was great. The only problem was that in my opinion the bar shut quite early each night, between 11 and 12pm. There isn't loads to do in Surin Beach, nightlife wise, and when we came back from dinner sometimes we would have liked to have stayed up and had a drink, rather than going back to our room and having to use the minibar. Having said that Patong is only a short cab ride away and is very busy until the early hours of the morning.
I would recommend to anyone that stays here to use the taxi firms located over the road from the hotel as they seem considerably cheaper than ordering them from the hotel itself. We enquired about a 6 seater to Phuket airport and were advised that it would be 1400 bhat, when asking over the road, they said it would be 700 but didn't open early enough for us to use them. In the end we used a tuk tuk from a bit further down, and it was only 600!
I have no major qualms with this hotel and thought it was good value for money, therefore would use it again, this time obviously being more wary of the small problems we encountered.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Phuket At Surin Beach Hotel 1234587
- Courtyard Phuket At Surin Beach Hotel
- Courtyard Hotel Cherngtalay
- Phuket Courtyard
- Courtyard Surin Beach
- DoubleTree Resort By Hilton, Phuket-Surin Beach Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just steps from the crystal waters and white sands of Surin Beach, the DoubleTree Resort by Hilton, Phuket – Surin Beach offers the perfect retreat. Contemporary comfort, a warm welcome and a signature DoubleTree cookie on arrival helps make your stay stress-free. Located just 30 minutes drive from Phuket International Airport and 25 minutes from the nightlife and shopping of Patong, you can really make the most of your time in one of Thailand’s premier beach resorts. Stay connected from your deluxe room or suite at this resort-style hotel in Phuket thanks to high-speed internet access. Relax in front of the flat-screen TV as you watch a movie, or unwind on your private balcony or terrace. The white sands of Surin Beach are just a short stroll away as is the popular Catch Beach Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your DoubleTree Resort by Hilton, Phuket-Surin Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.