The property is not on the beach. It is a short walk (some 150 metres) to Surin Beach, which is one of Phuket's nicest beaches.
The lobby and deco of the hotel are new and good.
The rooms are a bit on the small side for a resort-type property. In fact, I'd say that they are crammed. While the rooms are well appointed, there is little space at all.
The pools (there are 2 contiguous to each other) are fine but they don't get too much sun as they were built around the building complexes.
Internet charges are simply confiscatory, and should be halved. It is nearly $100 per week (we stayed for 7 nights). There's no business justification for this. Some hotels have free internet in the lobby but this one does not.
The breakfast is not great. Plenty of variety but the quality is average (for a hotel of this calibre).
Staff were very attentive. Very good treatment of guests. Service was prompt and efficient.
A major fault is that once you walk to the beach you are effectively on your own. The Marriott has no arrangement with any of the many private operators there so that one has to pay for a chair, an umbrella and anything else. This is annoying. It is difficult to understand why the Marriott does not provide any services to guests at the beach which is across the road.
It was an enjoyable stay and the property is recommended save for the provisos above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just steps from the crystal waters and white sands of Surin Beach, the DoubleTree Resort by Hilton, Phuket – Surin Beach offers the perfect retreat. Contemporary comfort, a warm welcome and a signature DoubleTree cookie on arrival helps make your stay stress-free. Located just 30 minutes drive from Phuket International Airport and 25 minutes from the nightlife and shopping of Patong, you can really make the most of your time in one of Thailand’s premier beach resorts. Stay connected from your deluxe room or suite at this resort-style hotel in Phuket thanks to high-speed internet access. Relax in front of the flat-screen TV as you watch a movie, or unwind on your private balcony or terrace. The white sands of Surin Beach are just a short stroll away as is the popular Catch Beach Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your DoubleTree Resort by Hilton, Phuket-Surin Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Phuket At Surin Beach Hotel 1234587
- Courtyard Hotel Cherngtalay
- Phuket Courtyard
- Courtyard Surin Beach
- DoubleTree Resort By Hilton, Phuket-Surin Beach Thailand