My husband and I spent a lot of time trying to identify the best beach to stay on in Thailand, while planning our trip. We finally chose the Doubltree Phuket near the Surin beach because we had a bunch of hotel points and we thought we might as well use it here. It turned out to be a great choice (other than a few complaints).
The Surin beach is really nice, and probably the best beach compared to Kamala and the main beach near the town area. It is more upscale and not as crowded. The beach is lovely, but can get a tad rough if the high tide comes in. There are many great restaurants along the beach and some great food stalls as well. The beach is a 5-10 walk from the hotel. The hotel provides you with towels.
The rooms itself are a little dated, but not bad at all. The shower however was probably one of the worst I have seen. The water would stagnate and overflow into the rest of the bathroom and wet the whole place!! The result is that the whole bathroom would become wet, with wet and messy bathmats and the works. I don’t know how a hotel would not fix an issue like this. Housekeeping was not up to the mark either, leaving used mugs and not replacing them with clean ones.
The breakfast buffet was very good. The front desk and the staff were very pleasant and helpful.
Overall a good stay, I wish we had got a different bathroom though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just steps from the crystal waters and white sands of Surin Beach, the DoubleTree Resort by Hilton, Phuket – Surin Beach offers the perfect retreat. Contemporary comfort, a warm welcome and a signature DoubleTree cookie on arrival helps make your stay stress-free. Located just 30 minutes drive from Phuket International Airport and 25 minutes from the nightlife and shopping of Patong, you can really make the most of your time in one of Thailand’s premier beach resorts. Stay connected from your deluxe room or suite at this resort-style hotel in Phuket thanks to high-speed internet access. Relax in front of the flat-screen TV as you watch a movie, or unwind on your private balcony or terrace. The white sands of Surin Beach are just a short stroll away as is the popular Catch Beach Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelsClick, Venere and Otel so you can book your DoubleTree Resort by Hilton, Phuket-Surin Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Phuket At Surin Beach Hotel 1234587
- Courtyard Hotel Cherngtalay
- Phuket Courtyard
- Courtyard Surin Beach
- DoubleTree Resort By Hilton, Phuket-Surin Beach Thailand