Myself and 2 other friends stayed at Doubletree late November and we all can't stress what an amazing time we had at the property. We were not originally going to stay at Surin beach, but we had to change our accommodation plans after the original hotel we had planned to stay at had overbooked halfway through our stay - and it was the best thing that could have happened. It was only supposed to be a 3 night stay at Doubletree Surin and we ended up extending our stay until the end of our vacation in Phuket, and why we would stay there on our next trip back. This was because of so many positives we had experienced during our time there:
- Hardworking and polite staff (particularly the General Manager, Front Office and Room Service) Many staff went out of their way to help us, in particular when our transfer to the airport did not show. The kind staff did everything they could to contact the transfer company and when it looked like we would be late for our flight, they provided us with a car to take us free of charge!
- Excellent-sized rooms
- Excellent breakfast buffet spread
- Free wireless in public areas (awesome considering you have to pay stupid amounts in Australian hotels)
- Location (may not have been right on the beach, but it was literally 5 minutes walk. Awesome bars and restaurants close-by, you cannot miss going to Catch Beach Club)
That's why I find it very confusing to read other reviews not speaking of the establishment as highly as myself. Yes, it's an older property, and service in the restaurant (Sunday mornings in particular) needs improvement - but it has recently been taken over by Hilton from Marriott and things are being improved upon. It may not be as exciting as some other resort-styled hotels around the place, but who goes on holiday to sit by a pool all day and not explore?
My friends and I found it a great place to come and relax after long days of sightseeing all of Phuket, and shopping & partying in crazy Patong. Great stay, highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just steps from the crystal waters and white sands of Surin Beach, the DoubleTree Resort by Hilton, Phuket – Surin Beach offers the perfect retreat. Contemporary comfort, a warm welcome and a signature DoubleTree cookie on arrival helps make your stay stress-free. Located just 30 minutes drive from Phuket International Airport and 25 minutes from the nightlife and shopping of Patong, you can really make the most of your time in one of Thailand’s premier beach resorts. Stay connected from your deluxe room or suite at this resort-style hotel in Phuket thanks to high-speed internet access. Relax in front of the flat-screen TV as you watch a movie, or unwind on your private balcony or terrace. The white sands of Surin Beach are just a short stroll away as is the popular Catch Beach Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your DoubleTree Resort by Hilton, Phuket-Surin Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Phuket At Surin Beach Hotel 1234587
- Courtyard Hotel Cherngtalay
- Phuket Courtyard
- Courtyard Surin Beach
- DoubleTree Resort By Hilton, Phuket-Surin Beach Thailand