“Fun bar, Food was okay” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 96 Restaurants in Choeng Thale
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night
Description: Phuket Most Exciting & Fashionable Beach Club
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fun bar, Food was okay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed at Twinpalms so we came down to Catch almost every night. The bar itself is very modern and cool looking, but wow, the drinks are crazy expensive. They have a buy one get one free happy hour if you're a guest at the Twinpalms so we made sure to try and use that every night! The staff was very attentive (there are lots of them) and the drinks were very good. We got the long island iced teas one night and they were diesel and well worth the cost (for one, we did happy hour hah). One night we got dinner at Catch, but it was only okay. We split the burger and caeser salad. The caesar salad had a weird taste to it that I didn't enjoy and the burger was okay, but way too expensive for what we got. You're better off going down the street a bit and getting dinner someone else after enjoying the happy hour. The bar is huge, lots of seating - we weren't in Phuket during the high season so it wasn't crowded at all, but I can imagine that when it is the busy season, this place would be super fun! Definitely worth a night or two hanging out at Catch for some drinks.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
kent
“The coolest place to relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Catch really is a "game of two halves". during the day it is a relaxed, chilled and the most wonderful place to have lunch and a cool drink and look out at the beautiful beach and azure water but at night it becomes an uber cool bar with fire pits in trhe decking and pink and purple moood lighting. Catch really looks like the start of the cool revolution in Phuket!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Fantastic ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Enjoy the sunset, fireworks and lounge music with a lot of friends and you probably have the best 30th birthday.
Reel cool place :-)

London, United Kingdom
“Ibiza in Thailand”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This bar is very very 'cool'. To be honest I did like it (for a night) but it was much more expensive than many of the other bars in the strip.

It appeared to me as though someone had been in Ibiza and was trying to replicate the look and feel of a Euro-style beach bar/club in Thailand.

I suppose this works well - but as someone living in Europe and travelling to experience other cultures, this may be a place to spend a night in an environment you're comfortable in... but I'd prefer to go for one of the more authentic, rough around the edges places:)

Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Overrated, Expensive and Rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The staff was not welcoming and not polite-
I would spot Mo as one of the rudest ones there (and they put her on the front).

My friends were staying in Twin Palms hotel which owns this place so during day time we all wanted to lie by the beach, having drinks and enjoying the music, but since I wasn't hotel guest they wanted me to pay (2100 or 1200bht for the day).
We tried to explain her (Mo) that the hotel was overbooked when I joined the group and that it means that my friends (hotel's guests) are all not going to use their facilities because of this, She was rude and wouldn't even want to listen to us. She spoke very aggressive; I find it poor and lake of respect since we spent lots of money on drinks and food there and providing extra bed for friend's guests wouldn't make them go bankdropped but would make them get my bad review.
(ps I was willing to pay but just for getting the beach bed and not to be committed for the daily thing they have there).

The Food is overpriced +(very expensive compering everywhere else in Thailand)+ they don't include vat and service, so you will realize that you need to pay 17% extra for the food in the menu (which was more expensive than other places without it).

Just next to this place there's a super cheap food place with very helpful staff.

The only good thing about it was the music. They had some great Dj's playing and I must admit that I found myself using Shazam more than once trying to figure out the songs they were playing.
But if you ask me, until the get down from the cocky tree they climbed to, I wouldn't pay them the money.

• Visited October 2013