Sala is a wonderful and very different place in thailand. Hidden away in the lush gardens of a natural park its architecture and cool style more reminds me about bali.
We had red some of the different reviews about this resort, good and bad before going. Our conclusion is pretty simple, this hotel is all about what you expect and what you make of your time there. If you are after a traditional big 5 star resort with more servants than guests and all air conditioned indoors then this is not the place for you.
This place is pretty much all outdoors and open air. Almost all bathrooms and showers are outdoors and almost the only thing indoors is your bedroom. Even the restaurant, bar and lobby is all open air and only have a roof to cover for the rain. This style makes it very special and helps create a very tranquil feeling.
We had the duplex suite which was very spacious and had a lovely garden and private pool. The other rooms vary in size but we saw the one bedroom villa and thats enough for a family with two children.
The beach and pool are is awesome. Difficult to explain but its probably enough to say that many of the guests at nearby hotels (marriott and renaissance) come to the sala pool area. Its very stylish, calm and creates a great place for many of the guests to come together.
The restaurant is run by an american chef and we had some very very good food there. Especially the slow roasted ribs that they cooked for 6 hours was outstanding. The a la carte type breakfast was also great and easily beat the traditional big hotel buffet.
Service was very friendly and personal compared to the bigger hotels. As its thailand you have to expect that service is different and not as consistent as what you are used to at home. Nearly every dinner or lunch something went wrong with our order but that doesnt need to be a bad thing. You're there on holiday so chill, the staff is very friendly and always fix what didnt work out on the first attempt.
I would say that the various components (location, style, rooms, restaurant etc) are all good four star but the combination of all of it and the personal style of the resort makes the overall view 5 star.
So, if you are looking for a cool, open air, tranquil, different experience on the beach in thailand then this is a very good place (also good for families, we have two young children), but dont forget its all about what you expectation is and what you make of your time there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SALA Phuket Resort and Spa is a stunning deluxe pool villa resort, featuring private swimming pools in 63 out of 79 rooms, villas, and suites.SALA Phuket boutique resort is an impressive compliment to its popular sister property, SALA Samui. SALA Phuket combines rare historical Sino - Portuguese architecture with modern 5-star facilities.Located on pristine Mai Khao beach on Phuket's northwest shoreline, SALA Phuket resort and spa is just 20 minutes from Phuket International Airport. The famous Blue Canyon Golf Course is a short distance from SALA Phuket and the picturesque Phang Nga Bay is located just 25 minutes away.SALA Phuket is the ideal location for a Phuket wedding and honeymoon with its vast and private pristine golden sand beach and lush beachside lawn surrounded by a coconut tree plantation swaying in the wind.In addition to friendly, professional and personalised service, SALA Phuket luxury resort offers facilities including:- 3 large beachfront swimming pools- World class international beachfront restaurant and bar with an air-conditioned dining option- Award winning SALA Spa- Full equipped Gym, Steam Rooms & Salon- Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet connection throughout the entire resort- Gift Shop- Business traveller services- Entertainment and Theme Nights- Nightly Villa Turn down Service- In-Villa Dining- Miles of untouched beach front, the longest and least developed in Phuket- An array of local activities and excursions are availableWeddings at SALA PhuketMarriage is an occasion that should be cherished always. A variety of locations for your ceremony are available, from golden sand beach stretches, lush green lawn expanses or an intimate sunset rooftop vantage. Our personal, intuitive staff will ensure your special occasion receives the attention it deserves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your SALA Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sala Phuket Resort And Spa
- Sala Phuket Mai Khao
- Sala Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- SALA Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao