Located in the north of Phuket, maybe of little bit too isolated from bustle and hustle but at least, so charming and so different from many other resorts.
Sala is a little jewel of design, a wonderful property of about 60 villas, most of them with a private pool (and not a plunge pool as it's often the case) and an exquisite decoration.
We stayed in this hotel one week ago with my boyfriend and we had booked for a Sala Villa but on arrival, we have been greated by a perfect staff and received a complimentary upgrading to a One Bedroom Pool Villa. The layout consists on a very private garden with a nice pool. In front of the pool, a modern little villa with a ultra comfy room and a small cosy sitting room, both of these rooms in a delightful scheme of beige and white colors with some touches of purple. Everything is well thinking and you'll find a lot of storage space and plenty of deep sofas for intimate relaxing moments...
Outside, on a side of the pool, you'll have the most sexy bathroom of your life. An open air space with a wonderful bathtub, a rain shower and a unique design really wonderful. A perfect way to have a midnight bath with your lover... However, there is a bad side cause the toilet is in this space as well, behind a wall but still not private enough... (and at night, if you need to go, crossing the garden when it's raining could be a bit annoying...).
The decoration itself, everywhere in the resort, is just amazing. The pieces of furniture are truly original and it gives you the feeling to be in an ultra trendy hotel. Even the public areas of Sala are great and the restaurant is fabulous and don't miss to visit the washrooms, absolutely breathtaing in term of originality... The garden and main pool areas are perfectly maintained with a thousand of romantic corners and original seats suspended on the trees to look at the wild beach and the ocean... So romantic...
Let's talk about the food cause you'll have no other choice than dining at Sala but it's not a big problem cause the two restaurants offer a very extensive menu with reasonnable prices, a bit more expensive than in town, but it worth it cause the food is simply delicious, full of thai flavours and the service is really attentive and nice. Try the thai appetizers for two, a nice and yummy way to start your dinner. Breakfast is very good as well and offers alternative choices than the classic way.
About the staff, everyone will try the best to make your stay memorable. At the reception, the restaurant or in the gardens, everybody here has always a nice smile and i can say the staff is very professionnal and they provide to the guest a real five stars experience.
To coclude, let's say than Sala is a fabulous property, perfect for honeymooners or people who want to relax in a luxurious and very different design. Actually, i've hesitated a long time between four or five points but the housekeeping could be better, it's good but not perfect; the hotel is a little bit too isolated and the toilet in the villa has no door... But this hotel is really affordable and i really recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SALA Phuket Resort and Spa is a stunning deluxe pool villa resort, featuring private swimming pools in 63 out of 79 rooms, villas, and suites.SALA Phuket boutique resort is an impressive compliment to its popular sister property, SALA Samui. SALA Phuket combines rare historical Sino - Portuguese architecture with modern 5-star facilities.Located on pristine Mai Khao beach on Phuket's northwest shoreline, SALA Phuket resort and spa is just 20 minutes from Phuket International Airport. The famous Blue Canyon Golf Course is a short distance from SALA Phuket and the picturesque Phang Nga Bay is located just 25 minutes away.SALA Phuket is the ideal location for a Phuket wedding and honeymoon with its vast and private pristine golden sand beach and lush beachside lawn surrounded by a coconut tree plantation swaying in the wind.In addition to friendly, professional and personalised service, SALA Phuket luxury resort offers facilities including:- 3 large beachfront swimming pools- World class international beachfront restaurant and bar with an air-conditioned dining option- Award winning SALA Spa- Full equipped Gym, Steam Rooms & Salon- Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet connection throughout the entire resort- Gift Shop- Business traveller services- Entertainment and Theme Nights- Nightly Villa Turn down Service- In-Villa Dining- Miles of untouched beach front, the longest and least developed in Phuket- An array of local activities and excursions are availableWeddings at SALA PhuketMarriage is an occasion that should be cherished always. A variety of locations for your ceremony are available, from golden sand beach stretches, lush green lawn expanses or an intimate sunset rooftop vantage. Our personal, intuitive staff will ensure your special occasion receives the attention it deserves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, Agoda, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your SALA Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sala Phuket Resort And Spa
- Sala Phuket Mai Khao
- Sala Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- SALA Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao