Having read many reviews about different resorts in Phuket, I am very pleased we choose sala.
It is situated on the north west coast of Phuket and is miles from anywhere, this is not a club or bar hoppers paradise which we found in the south of the island at Patong beach.
Sala has beautiful grounds and the reception on arrival was very welcoming with flowers and an iced tea.
The staff were very attentive at the restaurant. We went half board which meant we were quite full by the end of an evening meal. If you're not going half board, a 3 course meal with drinks is approximately 3000 baht for 2 people.
The food was delicious and for those who eat halal meat, the entire menu was halal, except for pork of course. The menu was varied and we managed to sample most of it over our 10 days.
Each day has a different activity which is free and enjoyable, the live band on Sunday was a great experience, as was the cultural show whilst we were there.
We joined a Thai cooking class which was 3000 baht after taxes which was very enjoyable..and we got to eat the food that we prepared. This was one of the highlights of the trip.
We had a pool villa which was a little bit of paradise for us, it's very private and there is a day bed which was great to relax on after a swim.
The toilet and shower are both outside (the toilet area is covered by a roof and wall) and the shower is open. It felt odd initially but actually was really nice and wasn't a problem by day 2.
Turn down service was excellent and they heated scented oils in the room & lit insect repellent outside to keep the flies/mosquitos at bay.
The minor gripes that we noticed in sala were the wall tiles outside the villa could be cleaned to look like new and some of the doors didn't quite close flush.
The grounds were well kept daily and the swimming pools around the restaurant area were beautiful. The spa was amazing and is a must to use whilst here. I used the gym daily and it was well equipped with a good sound system to play your music whilst working out.
The beach was not the best I've seen, the sand was slightly coarse and & the beach was sloping. It wasn't the best time of year to swim but I believe it is much better earlier in the year.
There really is not much around the hotel which is why it is so perfect in location. There is shuttle bus service to Phuket town for shopping which is free. We hired a car for less than £30 a day but it was not through the car rental company used with the hotel, as it was more expensive.
This is the perfect get away, I really enjoyed having a private villa which gave us the flexibility to swim during the day and even have a swim at night. There are several more expensive hotels close by but this really is a delight, I've stayed in many hotels and resorts, the sala hotel is one of the nicest resorts I've stayed in.
We will definitely be coming back!
- Also Known As:
- Sala Phuket Resort And Spa
- Sala Phuket Hotel
- Sala Phuket Mai Khao
- Sala Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- SALA Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SALA Phuket Resort and Spa is a stunning deluxe pool villa resort, featuring private swimming pools in 63 out of 79 rooms, villas, and suites.SALA Phuket boutique resort is an impressive compliment to its popular sister property, SALA Samui. SALA Phuket combines rare historical Sino - Portuguese architecture with modern 5-star facilities.Located on pristine Mai Khao beach on Phuket's northwest shoreline, SALA Phuket resort and spa is just 20 minutes from Phuket International Airport. The famous Blue Canyon Golf Course is a short distance from SALA Phuket and the picturesque Phang Nga Bay is located just 25 minutes away.SALA Phuket is the ideal location for a Phuket wedding and honeymoon with its vast and private pristine golden sand beach and lush beachside lawn surrounded by a coconut tree plantation swaying in the wind.In addition to friendly, professional and personalised service, SALA Phuket luxury resort offers facilities including:- 3 large beachfront swimming pools- World class international beachfront restaurant and bar with an air-conditioned dining option- Award winning SALA Spa- Full equipped Gym, Steam Rooms & Salon- Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet connection throughout the entire resort- Gift Shop- Business traveller services- Entertainment and Theme Nights- Nightly Villa Turn down Service- In-Villa Dining- Miles of untouched beach front, the longest and least developed in Phuket- An array of local activities and excursions are availableWeddings at SALA PhuketMarriage is an occasion that should be cherished always. A variety of locations for your ceremony are available, from golden sand beach stretches, lush green lawn expanses or an intimate sunset rooftop vantage. Our personal, intuitive staff will ensure your special occasion receives the attention it deserves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tingo, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Otel, Escapio, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your SALA Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.