“Sala , Phuket” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SALA Phuket Resort & Spa

You added SALA Phuket Resort & Spa to your Saves list
SALA Phuket Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Moo 3 Mai Khao Beach, Mai Khao, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Mai Khao
“Sala , Phuket”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stayed here for 10 days in may 2012.

Great accom, good staff, excellant facility. The only draw back would be if you wnat instant acess to nightlife and the locla "buzz" of Phuket etc. But if you wnat a break frok the hussle and bussle this is a great place to go to. They have regular evening events for those staying and there is a bus shuttle and private car service to and from the city if you want it.

We will go stay again. :)

Room Tip: Most rooms ahere are private pool suites, we didnt hear anyone complain about their room at all.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
SLP_Manager, Manager at SALA Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Pipers, Thank you for your support of SALA Phuket by taking your time to share your SALA Phuket experience with others. We are glad you thoroughly enjoyed the resorts facilities again and our guest services exceeded your expectations on your vacation and it was a memorable one. Please feel free to contact us should you wish to visit us again on your next return to Phuket. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.. Best Regards, Jan Hollister EAM Food and Beverage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We have been to Sala twice. We don't like Phuket itself, but when you want a holiday where you can just relax, eat and get massages, this is the place to be. We have always booked a pool villa. The restaurant is outstanding. The service is amazing. The rooms are that you good, you don't mind spending hours in your own private sanctuary. The resort is in a location where there are 2-3 other hotels and a "village", so there are other options for food if want to get out and a couple of lovely bars. My son was 7 months our last trip and was smitten by everyone fawning over him :-) My husband bought me a 2 hour treatment for my birthday at the spa and I was in heaven.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Kristin, Thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your experience at SALA Phuket with others. Many thanks for the positive comments about our team. We are fortunate to have a great team of people who are extremely dedicated to what they do. We hope to see soon for your third visit! Please feel free to contact us when you’re ready for your third visit to SALA Phuket! Kind Regards, Jan Hollister EAM Food and Beverage SALA Phuket Resort and Spa.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I had a great stay stay over at Sala during my bday.
The staff were friendly and attentive, and always seemed to go the extra mile to make sure me and my partner were comfortable.
The breakfast sets were delightful, and I dare say, the best I've had (so far) in all my resort/hotel stays.
To top it off, I had a pleasant surprise when a birthday cake was delivered to our villa on the day of my birthday!
Definitely a great resort to bring your loved ones!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
SLP_Manager, Manager at SALA Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Gerald, Thank you very much for your positive feedback and support of SALA Phuket Resort and Spa. We appreciate you taking the time to write your review. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and the flour-less chocolate birthday cake. Please feel free to contact us should you wish to visit us again on your next return to Phuket, hopefully sooner than your next birthday. Regards, Jan Hollister, EAM Food and Beverage
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I came here for my second time and this time, I love this place more and more from their services. This time, I stayed in Deluxe Balcony and Garden Pool Villa.

My friend's luggage had a problem with luggage's lock. It was malfunction so it could not open. The staffs helped us to open it carefully by not breaking it and also, very thoughtful to provide a thick paper to make sure that my friend won't close it again.

I have a transfer from airport to the hotel but on the first day, I got a car rental. So I asked them to pick me up at Phuket Airport after I dropped the car. They provided me a cold small towel with lemongrass scent plus a bottle of cold water. This is unexpected. On the last day, we left the hotel and they also provide the same thing which we don't expect it.

The hotel is located out of the city. It is very quiet and very good for rest, relax and spend time with your friends or partner.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
SALA_General_Manager, General Manager at SALA Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Signature MeiMeiMee Bangkok, thank you very much for your positive feedback during your return visit to SALA Phuket Resort and Spa, we are glad you thoroughly enjoyed the resorts facilities again and our guest services exceeded your expectations on your vacation and it was a memorable one. Please feel free to contact us should you wish to visit us again on your next return to Phuket. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Regards, Jon Ashenden General Manager SALA Phuket Resort and Spa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We got married here recently and I have to say not only was it an amazing wedding but all the staff were absolutley wonderful and so helpful in all aspects f the holiday and the big day. They all went above and beyond what was expected of them to help us realise our dream of having our wedding on the beach, despite the rain.
Everything about the wedding was impecable and the food was aboslutley delicious. All of our guests had an amazing day and the majority of them also stayed at Sala and have not stopped talking about their holiday since we returned.
This resort is peaceful, relaxing and above all an abolsutel joy to stay at.
Everything from the spa to the food to the drinks and the facilities (great little gym that unfortunately had to be utilised so I could still indulge in the amazing food and fit into my dress!!!), pools, beach etc were perfect.
We had an amazing wedding day and a perfect pre and post wedding holiday. I would highly reccomend a visit to Sala Phuket and am hoping we will get back soon to celebrate an anniversary there.
P.S make sure you book a room with your own private pool......to die for!!!

Room Tip: Go for a room with a pool you will not regret it
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
SALA_General_Manager, General Manager at SALA Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear Bill and Rowena, thank you both very much for your wonderful review and positive feedback during your visit to SALA Phuket Resort and Spa, and we are honored you decided on selecting SALA for your wedding destination, enjoying the resorts beautiful location, facilities, cuisine and guest services making it a memorable vacation. We look forward to welcoming you both back on your anniversary. Regards, Jon Ashenden General Manager SALA Phuket Resort and Spa.
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

If it is away from the crowds and isolation you are looking for, this is the place to be. Perched on the north of Phuket along a beach less well known is Sala Phuket. This resort is north of the airport and exists in harmony with nature, sharing the caress of the constant sea breeze with only a few other equally luxurious resorts. This is Mai Khao Beach. The aroma of the so many grilled street food, the sight of endless umbrellas, infinite rows of sweat ridden beach chairs and the buzz of tourist and touts, they are all a good 20 kilometers south. Getting to the vacationer zones from Sala is possible with their daily single shuttle that departs in the late afternoon and returning sometime in the night. If not, then do get a rental car. There is a Turtle Village very nearby, but not within walking distance, where one could find very limited shopping and a number of branded restaurants. I had a good meal of Fish & Chips at the Bill Bentley pub there, English style, the correct beer batter and the thick cut chips served by two gorgeous Thai waitresses in pants so hot, tight and short.

Without your car, or your rental motorcycle, the resort itself could be enjoyable just as it is depending on what room types you have made your money part with. The pool villas, high walled for privacy and in an elegant blend of grey and patterned tiled floor. The bedroom is entirely enclosed by multiple wooden framed glass doors which could all be opened and ventilated by the high fans up the ceiling. And of course the outdoor bathroom I will not forget. The heavy oval tub at the edge of the pool, under the crystal chandelier in tungsten glow we bathed in the night, and by day dipped we did in the pool under the strong sunlight. The sofas with the many lush pillows laid out at the corner, so inviting for an afternoon nap after a good swim we had. Beer in the pool, music from the stereo, sun basked on the twin deck chairs and free wifi in every villa. I could spend forever just in there.

The two mornings, we strolled amongst the sound of splashes hidden behind the pool villa walls towards the morning breakfast menu. I indulged in the excellent Steak & Eggs, chosen from a list of ala-carte items that we could order over and over again. The orange juice was freshly squeezed to accompany all the hot cuisine that came along, unlike many of the buffets we had where food was just in that unsatisfactory threshold of lukewarm to cold.

The resort ground has two large pools laid on lush green fields that extend towards the perpendicular long shoreline. After breakfast, the beach chairs and umbrellas, large round sofas, humongous bead filled bean bags, sun decks and all we could choose from. Sipped our cold cocktail, us soaked in the Jacuzzi section of the alluring shallow pool. Did my laps in the extensive pool laid across front of the restaurant. There was only the sound of turquoise waves breaking the nearby brownish shore and the rustle of the trees as the breeze grew stronger. Marinated in relaxation I was, those three short days I was there.

May, the rain came. The winds were strong and the beach a swim better not. I had no intention to test my fitness against the rip tide. The red flags were up all along the shoreline, indicating the danger level of the ocean. And so we can only do things such as who-gets-our-butts-wet-first sitting high along the shoreline awaiting the next unpredictable strong whitewash that effortlessly ascended the angled slopes. It was enjoyable just doing that. If getting your butt wet and getting sand in lower region cervices is not your idea of fun, Sala had tastefully hung a number of white rattan swings from the strong branches of sea battered tress to keep you dry. Just sitting there watching the sunset was itself an indulgence. After sundown, I did not have the opportunity to try the dinner, the famous dining on the roof, tables reflecting off the moonlit waters it was suppose to be. But renovating Sala did on them, this experience for me will have to wait. Remote the location Sala is but peace to the soul for one seeking it this resort offers. I like to be in, I was glad I did and experience it you must.

Room Tip: Pool Villas a must try.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
SALA_General_Manager, General Manager at SALA Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Dear Signature J404 Bangkok, thank you very much for your positive feedback during your visit to SALA Phuket Resort and Spa, we are glad you enjoyed the resorts beautiful location, facilities and guest services on your vacation and it was a memorable one. Please feel free to contact us should you wish to return SALA Phuket again. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Regards, Jon Ashenden General Manager SALA Phuket Resort and Spa.
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Bugs are everywhere!

During my brief 30 minute dip at my own pool, 4 cockroaches fell in and it totally put me off.

Room Tip: Love it if you like the nature
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
SALA_General_Manager, General Manager at SALA Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Signature George.L - Hong Kong, thank you very much for your feedback during your recent visit to SALA Phuket Resort and Spa. You have indicated in your brief comment that there are 'Bugs Everywhere' however this is not the case. During the change in Phuket's monsoon season May/June we experience a climate change in both temperature, winds and sea conditions which attracts a fascinating beetle referred to as the 'Rhinoceros Beetle' and not a cockroach as you have indicated (you can research this on wikipedia). If you would like to contact me personally to elaborate further we would welcome any constructive citisim you may have. I can be contacted on genmgr@salaphuket.com. Thank you once again. Regards Jon Ashenden General Manager SALA Phuket Resort and Spa.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mai Khao
Regent Phuket Cape Panwa
#2 of 11 in Cape Panwa
4.5 of 5 stars 508 reviews
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to SALA Phuket Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!