Stayed for 4 days, wanted to stay another 5! Classy resort, wonderful service, nice touches. i.e. wake up call comes with pot of hot coffee-awesome.
the baby elephant walking around beach is nice touch. the very inexpensive massages at the beach were great. we had two a day.
downside is its remoteness. everything is a long and expensive taxi ride especially from resort. there is a sort of a taxi mafia with 'set' rates to the rest of the island. the return trip fares from big resort areas was always about half. it's part of the whole experience so you just have to take it with a sense of humor.
other tip: the tour prices from the excursion desk are verrry expensive. take a trip to patong beach first and book the exact same tour from tour booths in Patong for less than third of price.
bottom line is that everything is negotiable...start at 1/4 of what they ask and walk away, there will always be 14 other people offering the same thing.
frankly the rest of Phuket is kind of seedy and less intreguing than we imagined. i.e. the crush of 'sexy' massage hawkers gets old.
the resort on the other hand is all that we imagined. next time we might never leave the property
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa is set in lush tropical gardens, with 17 kms of natural beachfront. Fifteen minutes north of the airport, the resort comprises 265 spacious rooms, including 13 suites, all facing towards the Andaman Sea. Facilities include eleven restaurants and bars, Thai cooking school, three magnificent pools, a Mandara Spa, shopping arcade and an activities-packed kids club. The fitness center includes two tennis courts, yoga sala. Golf available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Marriott, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Jw Marriott Phuket Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Mai Khao
- Marriott Phuket
- Phuket Marriott
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao