We stayed at the JW Marriott Phuket Resort from March 19-21. We were there for a quick vacation and as we'd never been to Phuket, thought that this would be an ideal place to stay. And it was. The only reason that I didn't give it a perfect score is because of its location. It is on the north end of the island and an hour into town. The time isn't so bad but the price is. There is a taxi monopoly (some people have termed it taxi mafia) and it will cost you 800 baht to go to Phuket Town and 900 baht to Patong Beach. We initially wanted to eat in Phuket Town and then check out Patong Beach, but with the cost, we decided just to do everything at Patong Beach.
Back to the hotel. It's quite pretty and it was just nice to walk around the grounds. There were a lot of families there and we didn't stick around to see how the nightlife was. The breakfast buffet had a good selection. We took part in the complimentary yoga class. I thought the instructor was fantastic. Really nice sequences and was very helpful with alignment. The class took place in an open, covered area, which was nice except there were a lot of flies. Also, while hanging out at the pool, I was eaten alive by mosquitoes so best to bring bug repellent (but I usually am, so it wasn't anything new).
We got an upgrade, so the room was a nice size with a little alcove perfect for a nap or reading. Beds were plush and the room had all the major amenities. Except for an iPod dock, which would have come in handy.
All in all, a nice holiday. I think it would be ideal for families and for people just wanting to go to a resort. As we like to see the local culture, the location was too far for us. But I think Phuket in general is quite difficult to walk about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa is set in lush tropical gardens, with 17 kms of natural beachfront. Fifteen minutes north of the airport, the resort comprises 265 spacious rooms, including 13 suites, all facing towards the Andaman Sea. Facilities include eleven restaurants and bars, Thai cooking school, three magnificent pools, a Mandara Spa, shopping arcade and an activities-packed kids club. The fitness center includes two tennis courts, yoga sala. Golf available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Phuket Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Jw Marriott Mai Khao
- Marriott Phuket
- Phuket Marriott
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao