“good accommodation & service but ......” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Anantara Vacation Club Phuket Mai Khao

You added Anantara Vacation Club Phuket Mai Khao to your Saves list
Anantara Vacation Club Phuket Mai Khao
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   887 Moo 3, Thalang | Mai Khao Beach, Mai Khao, Phuket 83110, Thailand (Formerly Anantara Vacation Club Resort)   |
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Mai Khao
Kuala Lumpur
“good accommodation & service but ......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My family had a good stay in the vacation club, which is situated next to the villa. We stayed at the 2 bedroom suite. However, the balcony was facing the construction site (they are extending the property here) and hence we didn't using the balcony much. The services, environment, breakfast is good for us... and my daughter love the swimming pool so much. There are kid center where they can play around in it having someone to take care of them (it must be >4 yrs old if to leave the kid there), bicycle to use to travel around and buggy always there if u need their services. the only thing is the location is far from town, where you need to travel for about an hour to reach Patong beach, weekend market or to watch Fantasea show. For the cab available, it is quite expensive due to the distance and always it is fixed price. others than that, I love the stay here.

Room Tip: accommodation with their private pool would be better......
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GM_AVC_Phuket, General Manager at Anantara Vacation Club Phuket Mai Khao, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Eastkid

Good day!

Thank you for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Especially nice to hear that your daughter was well entertained!

Yes, correct, we have some extensions underway on our neighbouring south side. We have a nice tall fence, however the view from some of our Suites is so extensive you cant help but see over. Apologies for any inconvenience............ they should soon be finished.

Great to hear you liked our big breakfast!

Lyndon Ellis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Was here in March at the 1 bed room pool villa with my wife and had an excellent time. This time round, returned with family. Due to last minute room changes unable to get a 2 bed room pool villa and only managed to get the 2 bed room pool apartment for 3 nights and 2 bed room apartment without pool for 2 nights..

Reached the hotel early at 9 am.. Was told that room could be available at 12 pm, then moved to 1 pm and then 3 pm..5 other families that came with us already got their rooms in marriott vacation club by 1 pm.. Feeling embarrassed since I am owner of AVC and yet I treated in this way.

When we stepped into the pool apartment, we were shocked how tired and worn the apartment looked like, in view that this property is only less than a year old. My wife commented whether the furnitures and rugs are old furniture and rugs they used in the anantara hotel next door.. Already feeling upset that the anantara hotel was taken away from the list that avc owners can use our points for, this was really rubbing salt to my wound.. Throughout the trip with the other 5 families, we spent our time at the MVC pools and joined their activities..The apartments at MVC, at least 3-5 years old, looked so much newer and better designed, so did not want to embarrassed myself more by inviting them to view our rooms. When we moved to the 2 bed room apartment without pool, it looked as worn out.

Apart from the room, the service and staff ( except the one handling my check in) are relatively good.

I doubt I would recommend any friends for a preview at this property again.

The AVC management should really put the anantara hotel back to the list for avc owner at least till this property is ready to carry the anantara brand.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GM_AVC_Phuket, General Manager at Anantara Vacation Club Phuket Mai Khao, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear MikeLim45

Good morning.

I am very surprised to hear of your comments regarding the condition of your unit. We have just celebrated our first birthday so your comments are concerning. I will personally inspect both the rooms you occupied.

In regards to your check-in, we try our best to ensure/remind guests to vacate the room at the designated check-out time of 12 midday so we can clean the room for the next arrival. I note that you arrived at 9am and rest assured if the room was vacant, or we could swap you to another room, especially as your are an AVC owner, this would have been actioned immediately however we were 100% full on the night of your stay.

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to comment.

I invite you to email me directly on lellis@anantaraclub.com when next visiting and I will personally take care of arrangements.

Pattaya, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Having already stayed at both Anantara Layan and their Anantara Phuket Villa properties, my wife and I decided to try Anantara's Vacation club property in Phuket also located on Mai Khao beach. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit with a plunge pool. I have to say, the room quality was super impressive. The rooms are large, spacious, modern, luxurious and have all the facilities required. The small touches from their room maids were thoughtful and helped to make our stay feel very personalized. The main swimming pool was a highlight and the pool staff were attentive. The restaurant was equally as good. We found the service and food quality to be excellent. A big thanks for Lyndon the General Manager and his staff for personally making sure our stay was memorable! I can highly recommend to stay at the Vacation Club in Phuket.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed at the Anantara Vacation Club in 2 bedroom unit for 3 nights. The resort is absolutely beautiful and the staff super friendly and courteous. We were very well looked after and our daughter was doted over. The staff all seemed to remember her name which we loved. The resort is quite remote so we felt that 3 days was enough. If we were there without her I imagine we could have relaxed a lot more and made more of the isolation. The beach isn't great but the pool and pool bar made up for that. There is a small shopping village over the road which was handy for supplies and killing some time during the rainy periods. I would recommend this resort for longer stays as a couple but just a few days for families unless you plan to do lots of day tours.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed here in the Pool Villa for 3D2N. Excellent stay, very good food especially the lamb rack, which is the best I have ever tasted! Should have brought my daughter here as it is very child friendly! Definitely worth the money! Will come back again! Thanks.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Selangor Darul Ehsan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Had a wonderful stay at Anantara Vacation Club @ Mai Khao, Phuket over the weekend. It is a wonderful places for family as well as just couple.

I was there with my spouse and we love everything in the apartment. Since we were there for our 15 anniversary, the Anantara team located us on the highest floor, the far in unit, for greatest privacy.

The apartment comes with everything family or couple would need. One can practically move in here without any luggage, as it comes with bathrobe, washing machine, dryer, full kitchen utensils etc.

If we do not feel like eating out, can always head over to Turtle Mart (5 minutes walking distant) to get the ingredients.

Overall experience has been perfect, from the check in to check out, of course in between asking for more drinking water, everything fulfilled.

We had a minor accident while we were out, which required medical attention, I contacted the Anantara team, they recommended nearby hospital.

Although have been to Mai Khao twice now, we will definitely come again.

Perhaps, the next round, we will try the Anantara Villa :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
GM_AVC_Phuket, Manager at Anantara Vacation Club Phuket Mai Khao, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear SamuelTan

Thank you for your kind comments.

I am pleased you had a wonderful time and that you appreciated the added facilities we provide in our guest rooms.

Look forward to seeing you back soon!

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

This hotel is perfect for you if you prefer somewhere private and quiet. We had the room in 6th floor. The room was speechless for two people, was very big and convenient. You have kitchen, laundry, dining and living areas separated from bedroom with Pool view. It just perfect suite for your short and long stay. The service was also excellent staffs were very polite and helpful. Worry about buying foods and shopping? Don't worried, you also have ''Turtle village'' where you can buy foods, dining at restaurants, and do some shopping. It is just opposite to the hotel. Breakfast was also meet my expectation. They have many varieties of foods including Continental, American, Thai and some Sushi and taste is good tho. We had a fantastic stayed here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Anantara Vacation Club Phuket Mai Khao? Share your experiences!