“Phuket, Thailand” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Phuket, Thailand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This was my first trip to Thailand, and I wanted to be away from the bogan Australian party scene that is Patong. And I did a lot of research into resorts, knowing full well, I wanted a peaceful trip to relax.
Sala resort gave me exactly what I wanted.
I got the private pool villa for 2.
The walls are high and private, outdoor bathroom, room service and housekeeping is 10/10, and reception were perfect.
I have absolutely nothing terrible to say about this place, I would stay again in a heartbeat!

Chef S, Manager at SALA Phuket Restaurant, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Brenda,

Thank you for taking your time to support us, sharing your experience with others. We hope to have you back soon.

Many thanks,
Jan

• Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
“Nice place with great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is our 2nd time visit Sala Phuket. This tome we stayed in garden pool, while the last year we stayed in Sala pool.
We love both room type but i prefer garden pool as it has more light, some how the sala pool last year was so dark at night.

The pools are amazing, i mean both pool in the room and the common pools by the beach. One very good thing is that they serve cool tea for free for everybody at the common pools. Staffs are really nice with a good service mind.

One draw back is that the beach might not suit for swim, they will notify with red flag, when the wave is too strong.

Dear K. Pin,

Thank you for your continued support of SALA Phuket and our restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Be sure to visit our sister boutique resort in Bangkok, sala Rattanakosin, It's in a fantastic location on the river opposite Wat Arun.

Jan
Bangkok
“Great Food At SALA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

The food was amazing! There were so many choices of great quality food.

The steak was top notch imported beef from Canada. If you are there as a couple you should try the meal on the roof. It is the best value for quality food I have had in Phuket. Lobster, prawns, scallops, steak, lamb, duck etc. I can not even remember what else was in the spread but it was fantastic and came with a nice bourbon milkshake to finish off the meal.

Worth making a trip in to have the food.

Visited April 2014
Chef S, Manager at SALA Phuket Restaurant, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Hi Ross,

Thanks for noticing our beef! I have posted a few photos of a Heritage Angus dinner we hosted for last month for other chefs on the island. Google Heritage Angus to find out more.

You had our combination menu, which is not for the faint of heart and those who are willing to sit down for three hours and take their time dining. As you mentioned it's a sample of many dishes.

Thanks again, hopefully we will get to welcome you back soon. As you're in Bangkok, be sure to visit our sister resort sala rattanakosin. Chef Tony and team are producing some great food and receiving a lot of accolades. Watching the sunset over the Chao Phraya while dining on crispy tamarind pork belly is quite special.

Executive Chef
“Great Food, Great Service...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed 7 nights at the Sala Phuket in March this year and most of our meals were in the Sala Phuket Restaurant. The food is excellent and there is plenty to choose from. Wednesday night is Rib night and on Friday night they have Market night where there is a buffet set up like market stalls - there is the a la carte menu however it is limited because of the buffet. There is a good wine list but it is quite pricey - not because of the resort but because of the taxes ! There is a good choice of food for in room dining which we had a couple of times. There is a buffet for breakfast or an a la carte menu - both are very good. Lunch was also very good as was dinner. There are some dishes which are a little pricey like the lobster but the rest is reasonably priced. The staff can't help you enough. I wish i had written the names of some of the staff down to give them a mention as they really made us feel welcomed at all times. The view, be it breakfast, lunch or dinner is amazing at all times. We look forward to going back there... ;-)

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Wishingyouwerehere,

Wow, thank you for putting in such a large effort with your review and all your photos recognizing the great efforts we go through to give our guest a wonderful experience.

Our three day smoked ribs are always popular. The restaurant has been very busy this year, last week we sold out having only prepare 40 full racks or - 40 kilos! Thanks for your recognition on the challenge we face with the wines. Unfortunately all wine is subject 350%+ import tax, but our FB Manager makes great efforts to work with our suppliers on discounted pricing that we then offer on our Somellier's hot list.

I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast. We have been introducing new concepts over the past four weeks. Currently I'm waiting on delivery of our pedal taxi bike for the fruits - I will post pictures once it arrives.

As always none of this is possible without the continued effort of our team. They are the ones bring it all together and give it life.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Melbourne, Australia
“YUMMY THAI FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

as we were staying next door, my parents decided to book to have lunch here since during dinner time they would only allow/give priority to hotel guests to dine there...i loved the outdoor setting and the whole restaurant setting around the resort was beautiful...

ok the food was fantastic .. one of my top choices places to eat in Mai Khao...

to remember what i had: green curry , red curry, pineapple fried rice, glass noodle dish, tom yam, and the interesting yummy purple mango sticky rice...

the prices were hotel prices of course but its okay to splurge once in a while since you're on holiday after all!

recommend to come during lunch time as the place is empty and you get it all to yourself!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Emmy,

Thanks for visiting us and putting us on your "must do" list when in Maikhao. We are a popular destination for local residents and guest from other resorts in the area. Our guest also usually become so relaxed they don't want to leave. However if you come for a sunset and happy hour we can usually get you a table.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your meals. I have posted the a photo of the green curry recipe on our tripadvisor page. In case you would like to try and recreate the dish at home. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions chefphuket@SALAPhuket.com.