My family and I had a wonderful time in Phuket and we were pleased to have spent 5 nights in a Kids Suite on the top floor. The room was configured to include a separate room for the kids, furnished with a set of bunk beds, a wall-installed LCD display, a Playstation console with two handheld controls, two foam-filled "bean-bag" cushions and a clothe shelf in the form of a tree. Our kids found the room and beds comfy and cosy. The kids' room and our king-size bed is separated by a generous bathroom which includes a bathtub, shower area (with handheld shower and rain shower), wash basin and a good size mirror. The closet provided is also of generous proportions. A couch (which sits 4 persons) is placed at the foot of our bed. There is also a small coffee table, sufficient for two to dine on when room service is delivered. On the wall facing the couch and the bed is another LCD display. This means the kids get to watch their programs while my wife and I get to watch ours. Cable TV is available 24/7 - the selection included news, movie, kids and entertainment channels. The suite comes with a generous balcony overlooking the garden, with view of the Tea Tree Spa village. The toilet is detached from the bathroom, which is an advantage - although it would be great if a basin could have been installed there for washing of hands. The size of the suite is generous and spacious enough for the 4 of us. A downside to the room - it was infested with ants. They were everywhere and we have had to do the necessary "extermination" on a daily basis. We ate at J's most of the time and the food quality is good. Menu variety is adequate and the service staff were prompt and friendly. Ambience of the restaurant is bright and pleasant but more could be done about the many houseflies. DVDs and books can be borrowed at no additional cost from the reception area. Bicycles are also available for borrowing. There is a pool table and a little shop at the reception area which sells drinks, snacks, souvenirs and postage stamps. Playstation games can be borrowed from the Kids Club at no additional cost. The Kids Club is well designed to give kids a comfortable and cosy feel. It is equipped with comfortable seating areas for reading and watching movies which are played at the request of any child. There is a generous area filled with coloured plastic balls and a slide and swing placed in the middle. A separate area is set for tables and chairs where activities such as painting and fan-making are conducted. My kids were disappointed that they did not have t-shirts in their sizes when they wanted to sign-up for batik painting. Going forward, we hope the Kids Club will look into replenishing all t-shirt sizes when they run-out to avoid disappointing kids. The Kids Club is equipped with its own little toilets for kids' use. The club is well-maintained in terms of cleanliness and condition. The female staff members are also very friendly and attentive. They know the kids by their names. The resort has a well maintained lawn area and a big trampoline. The resort's pool consists of a shallow wading area, a deeper area (water only up to my upper chest level) and a pool-bar. Overall a safe pool however, I reckon it would be crowded if the resort has an 80% occupation rate at any one time. The resort provides many deck chairs, several hammocks and a small soccer pitch on the sand amidst many Casuarina trees. The beach is not much of an area for sand-play and the water is rough and choppy (this is the Andaman Sea). The resort is situated at a rather remote location, hence the peace and tranquillity. Be prepared to pay at least THB 600-800 one-way to any destination. We managed to negotiate for the cabby to provide return trips for THB 800 on several occasions. The resort provides shuttle to and from Central Festival and Patong at reasonable prices (check with reception). We experienced a black-out on one of the nights and understandably, it is a common occurrence during monsoon periods. The black-out lasted too long and I am not certain if the resort had a back-up generator. While the lights came back-on after 10 minutes at a neighbouring resort, it took our resort close to 3 hours before power was restored. My daughter couldn't shower after a swim in the pool and had to go around smelling of chlorine while we had dinner and eventually showered in cold water because she grew sleepy and needed to prepare for bed. Not sure if more could have been done to have power reinstated within a shorter time. On the next day, we still didn't get hot water and the engineer had to be called-in to fix our water heater. This was however, resolved swiftly. Despite the kinks, we had a good time at the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Discovered! Located on the pristine Mai Khao Beach with direct beach access, the resort is the perfect destination to discover the true beauty of Thailand with award winning service. The resort is located on the west coast of Phuket, with 10 kilometres of un-spoilt white sand National Park beach with no crowds and no vendors, leaving you with the beach to yourself and the unforgettable sunsets! With unique Thai hospitality we cater for all types of travelers, from couples on a peaceful romantic getaway, to families seeking the perfect holiday or to great corporate meetings. The family friendly resort proudly boasts beautifully landscaped gardens, a large infinity swimming pool with a children's pool and a swim up pool bar. The Kids Club is recognized by our guests as the most outstanding club they have seen, with a spacious indoor centre with ball pit and swings, as well as a safe and friendly outdoor playground. The amazing kids' activities programs are certain to keep your children entertained all day leaving you time to indulge in the many adult activity programs such as yoga and cooking classes as well as treating yourself in the popular Tea Tree Spa with its beautiful private treatment villas. Free WiFi, Kids Eat Free Program, 24 hour fitness centre, teen and activity zones with PlayStations, pool table, table tennis, darts, badminton, resort centre with books, DVD's & board games and a trampoline are topping the list of popular activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Hotel Mai Khao
- Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort