Ok, so the reader will see I'm fairly well travelled, more than 70 tripadvisor hotel reviews, IHG Platinum, and the room upgrade was nice to have, but the hotel is probably the best I've stayed in in terms of location, facilities, value for money and the friendliness of the staff. There's enough TA reviews to tell the reader about the basics ... lots of Russian families, do eat at Mama's restaurant outside the hotel for dinner, breakfast buffet is enormous with, for example, 3 kinds of papaya fruit ... THREE KINDS ! Close to airport, beach is great, people are fantastic. The room was majestic, decorated in real style with little treats on the bed each evening as part of the turndown service. But while the facilities can add to the impression one gets of an hotel, it's the people that make it and this is service with a smile.
My advice to guests staying more than a couple of days would be to rent a car and go further afield than just this resort hotel which is isolated. Mai Yang beach on the other side of the airport is only 20 minutes drive and we spent several of our days there, or drive inland into the forests. Car rental is cheap and the driving is relaxed and easy, though maps are ... er ... approximate would be a good way to describe them, a bit like the rest of Thailand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find yourself in paradise - and feel right at home! Stroll across white sands. Relax amidst the beauty of Phuket. Enjoy a romantic dinner for two. Discover an out-of-this-world array of family and kids' activities. Holiday your way in one of the island's most welcoming getaways - Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Mai Khao Beach. You can enjoy a perfect location right on Mai Khao Beach, the island's longest stretch of sand. Mai Khao offers up 10 kilometres of tranquil, crowd-free beach with spectacular sunsets from Phuket's west coast. Within our family-friendly resort, lounge in beautifully landscaped gardens. Float along the length of our large infinity swimming pool, or splash the morning away in the kid's pool. From Tea Tree spa indulgences to Thai boxing, from cooking classes to bike rides glimpsing beautiful ponds and Buddhist temples, you will find something to excite your interests. Meanwhile, children enjoy an absolutely amazing Kid's Club with an indoor ball pit, outdoor playground and dozens of fun programmes held morning to night. Rooms and suites offer up the ultimate comforts and a variety of options. Want direct pool access from your terrace so you can step into the calm waters right from your room? How about getting a "wow" from your kids when they see their very own bunk beds, bean bags and video games in a Kid's or Family Suite? Offering excellent value for all guests, our resort makes family stays extra affordable with our "Kids Stay and Eat Free" programme. Children under 12 years old dine for free, while all guests below 18 years old sleep for free when staying in their parents' room in an existing bed. We are located a 15-minute drive from Phuket International Airport. And with a shuttle bus service running three times a day to Phuket Central Shopping Centre and Patong Beach, you have got easy access to discover the rest of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Hotel Mai Khao
- Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort