Ok, so the reader will see I'm fairly well travelled, more than 70 tripadvisor hotel reviews, IHG Platinum, and the room upgrade was nice to have, but the hotel is probably the best I've stayed in in terms of location, facilities, value for money and the friendliness of the staff. There's enough TA reviews to tell the reader about the basics ... lots of Russian families, do eat at Mama's restaurant outside the hotel for dinner, breakfast buffet is enormous with, for example, 3 kinds of papaya fruit ... THREE KINDS ! Close to airport, beach is great, people are fantastic. The room was majestic, decorated in real style with little treats on the bed each evening as part of the turndown service. But while the facilities can add to the impression one gets of an hotel, it's the people that make it and this is service with a smile.
My advice to guests staying more than a couple of days would be to rent a car and go further afield than just this resort hotel which is isolated. Mai Yang beach on the other side of the airport is only 20 minutes drive and we spent several of our days there, or drive inland into the forests. Car rental is cheap and the driving is relaxed and easy, though maps are ... er ... approximate would be a good way to describe them, a bit like the rest of Thailand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Discovered! Located on the pristine Mai Khao Beach with direct beach access, the resort is the perfect destination to discover the true beauty of Thailand with award winning service. The resort is located on the west coast of Phuket, with 10 kilometres of un-spoilt white sand National Park beach with no crowds and no vendors, leaving you with the beach to yourself and the unforgettable sunsets! With unique Thai hospitality we cater for all types of travelers, from couples on a peaceful romantic getaway, to families seeking the perfect holiday or to great corporate meetings. The family friendly resort proudly boasts beautifully landscaped gardens, a large infinity swimming pool with a children's pool and a swim up pool bar. The Kids Club is recognized by our guests as the most outstanding club they have seen, with a spacious indoor centre with ball pit and swings, as well as a safe and friendly outdoor playground. The amazing kids' activities programs are certain to keep your children entertained all day leaving you time to indulge in the many adult activity programs such as yoga and cooking classes as well as treating yourself in the popular Tea Tree Spa with its beautiful private treatment villas. Free WiFi, Kids Eat Free Program, 24 hour fitness centre, teen and activity zones with PlayStations, pool table, table tennis, darts, badminton, resort centre with books, DVD's & board games and a trampoline are topping the list of popular activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Hotel Mai Khao
- Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort