If you're the kind that thinks size matters, then this place is for you! My family was blown away by the sheer size of our 2 bedroom villa, and everything was beautifully done, especially the private pool area. For once, the actual villa is nicer than the pictures you see on Trip Advisor. Trust me. Thankfully we didn't see any rats as mentioned by other reviewers.
Let's get to the chase:
1. Very secluded area, small number of patrons. You won't see too many faces around the resort or beach. Good if you want a private/peaceful retreat.
2. The villa is a stone's throw from the beach. The beach & water is clean and it's miles of peace & serenity.
3. The villa is so nice & comfy you won't feel like leaving haha :)
4. Staff are friendly & attentive
5. Main pool is large & deep, and because they aren't many patrons it is ideal for uninterrupted swimming
1. Beware of mosquitoes! We were bitten quite often both outside and inside the villa, and even at night when we were sleeping
2. Breakfast buffet selection was limited compared to other resorts
3. The villa's kitchen is complete with stove & all, but without any cooking utensils or even a cutting knife (eg. for fruits), how do they expect us to do anything?
4. The seclusion of Maikhao from Phuket town and everything on the South side of the island (Wat Chalong, BIg Buddha, Promthep Cape, Patong, Fantasea) could be a disadvantage depending on what kind of holiday you're planning. If you plan to go out and about, then all the Maikhao resorts are pretty far from the excitement. Expect a lot of traveling.
To make things worse, the area just outside the resort seems to be controlled by a taxi "mafia", meaning to say the taxi service provider is not a legal operator, and because the resort is so secluded you have no choice but to use their service. Don't get me wrong, their vehicles & service is good, it's just a slight bummer to know that you're being ripped off from what a normal taxi would charge. But this is not the resort's fault, or so it seems...
Anyway, in spite of the negatives, I would probably give this place an overall positive rating for the villa's size & beauty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the northwest coast of Phuket Island, Maikhao Dream Villa Resort and Spa, Phuket, is only a short drive away from Phuket airport. It offers 22 exquisite pool villas that blend in perfectly with Phuket’s natural beauty. The resort exudes unstinting grandeur in a tranquil and natural environment where the warm turquoise sea caresses the golden sand of Maikhao Beach. Escape to a tropical playground where the warm turquoise sea caresses the golden sand of Maikhao Beach nature and sophisticated Thai design converge in celebration of a luxurious stay. Maikhao Dream Villa Resort & Spa, Phuket is a splendid holiday destination offering impeccable personalized services and facilities tailored to exceed guests’ expectations and ensure a “home-away-from-home” stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Maikhao Dream Villa Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maikhao Dream Villa Hotel Mai Khao
- Maikhao Dream Villa Resort And Spa Phuket/Mai Khao