This is a brand new hotel and it isn't in full operation yet, hence my review is based on the experience I had during our stay in the soft opening period. Some of the staff are newly recruited and newly trained and so they may not be as efficient as long time, well trained staff of other resorts but you can see their sincerity in trying to accommodate your needs. We stayed in Bedroom Suite with connecting Deluxe and were very satisfied. The Suite has a very spacious bathroom with built-in closet. The big separated living room with small pantry and dining table is perfect for family activities. Other facilities of the resort, once completed, include big swimming pool with jacuzzi, kids' club with pool, business center, meeting rooms, bars and restaurants, gym and spa. Unfortunately, the sea is quite rough with steep and uneven seabeach. During monsoon season it is impossible to swim in the sea but I don't really know if it's ok during summer or not. There's a buggy service to bring you to other luxurious hotels nearby where you can choose to have delightful meals at a price. Otherwise there's a few local food stalls less that 1 km away by foot where you can have fresh seafoods at a much cheaper price. Since Mai Khao Beach is up north of Phuket island, it's a bit costly to take a local taxi/van to downtown for an evening outing. It's more worth it to take a day tour around Phuket and enjoy a bit of your night life before returning to the hotel. But for those who seek quietness and solitude, Renaissance Phuket is definitely the place to be considered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst tropical gardens, the chic boutique –like Renaissance Phuket Resort and Spa offers privacy and is only 15 minutes leisurely drive from Phuket International Airport, it is adjacent to Sirinath Marine National Park.The resort offers 22 Pool Villas and 4 Ocean Front Pool Villas with private pool and large patio, 4 One Bedroom Suites and 150 Deluxe Rooms. Two outdoor swimming pools, Quan Spa with eight treatment rooms, 6 event venues, steam rooms, outdoor massage sala, Fitness centre. Bike rides, board games, cooking school, diving lessons, Kid’s world and children’s pavilion with indoor recreation area and outdoor pool, Golf is available nearby.For your gastronomical journey the hotel offers an all day dining restaurant with fresh ingredient at Loca Vore, Takieng - Thai Restaurant, The Lounge, Doppio for gourmet deli with coffee and tea leave bar and Sand Box at Mai Khao beach front serving international cuisine during the day and BBQ at night ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Despegar.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Marriott, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Renaissance Phuket Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao