We stayed here for our honeymoon, and what a wonderful stay it was. This ranks as one of my top hotel experiences of all time, and I've travelled quite a bit! The hotel is simply stunning. It's a very "zen" experience, with an open plan - the reception area is entirely open - water features everywhere, and beautiful decor.
We stayed on the fourth floor and had a garden view. Everywhere is kept meticulously clean. The breakfasts are out of this world. So much choice, from cooked to cold, sweet treats to savoury dishes, fresh fruit and juices, eggs made to order, waffles, etc. Everything you can imagine. We ate one night at the Thai restaurant, it was a real treat as it's a little pricey. Delicious. We also ate numerous times at the Sandbox which I highly recommend. I'd like to particularly mention the satay chicken, washed down with a mojito while watching the sun set - amazing. The pool is infinity style and there is a hot tub - great for chilling out. The beach is beautiful, not really geared for swimming, as others have mentioned, as the water is rough, but it's nice for walks. The staff were all pleasant and very helpful. I tried the spa for a mani/pedi and was very happy with the experience. My husband and I also got the "beach hut massages" which were pretty good. The hotel offers courtesy bikes and we took advantage a couple of times and went for bike rides, which was great.
One thing to mention - this is NOT a place for partiers. It's pretty isolated which is just what we were after, but if you're looking for a night time scene, this is not the place for you. If on the other hand, you're after a blissful, incredible relaxing, getting away from it all trip in a beautiful location, this IS the place for you. Go - you won't be disappointed.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Phuket Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Phuket Hotel
- Renaissance Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst tropical gardens, the chic boutique –like Renaissance Phuket Resort and Spa offers privacy and is only 15 minutes leisurely drive from Phuket International Airport, it is adjacent to Sirinath Marine National Park.The resort offers 22 Pool Villas and 4 Ocean Front Pool Villas with private pool and large patio, 4 One Bedroom Suites and 150 Deluxe Rooms. Two outdoor swimming pools, Quan Spa with eight treatment rooms, 6 event venues, steam rooms, outdoor massage sala, Fitness centre. Bike rides, board games, cooking school, diving lessons, Kid’s world and children’s pavilion with indoor recreation area and outdoor pool, Golf is available nearby.For your gastronomical journey the hotel offers an all day dining restaurant with fresh ingredient at Loca Vore, Takieng - Thai Restaurant, The Lounge, Doppio for gourmet deli with coffee and tea leave bar and Sand Box at Mai Khao beach front serving international cuisine during the day and BBQ at night ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.