We felt the need to write this to save others from the same experience. On the whole the resort is fine but there is a distinct smell of sewage in places. Unfortunately our pool area is one of them, so much so that we couldn’t bare to sit by the pool last night and had to move indoors. We mentioned it at reception who sent housekeeping who implied it was the water being used on the plants and they would get it turned off. I guess they may re-use the cleaner waste water for the garden. The villa complex is built around either a natural or artificial lagoon and the water is understandably murky, there are a number of pumps which appear to be aerating the water. However, the smell is not all over the complex, only in certain areas and not all the time. We took a walk around this morning and around the other hotels, the Anantara Villas only seem to be affected. Our villa is at the very back of the resort, near the tennis courts, where the lagoon seems to be almost effluent like. I’m not sure what else I can say as none of the others reviews mention it, even people here last week but you have been warned. It has so far ruined our experience, we’re contemplating checking out! As I write another waft arrives. It’s a shame as the villa is lovely otherwise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming tropical beauty of Thailand's premier island destination, Anantara Phuket Villas provides a luxurious refuge that opens out onto unspoiled panoramas. Awake to the sight of virgin sands backed by the lush vegetation of Sirinath National Park. Trek through the dense jungle by elephant to discover untouched island wonders. Relax in your private pool villa surrounded by the finest materials and design. Our Phuket resort puts the upmost emphasis on designer relaxation and guests' privacy, with 91 private Phuket pool villas scattered harmoniously across a prime stretch of Mai Khao Beach. Complimenting our luxury resort's tropically inviting accommodation is a host of services and facilities of the highest standard, including premium restaurants, bars and leisure facilities. Anantara Phuket's glorious contemporary design is inspired by a location that offers an array of activities, from diving in pristine waters to learning the ancient art of Thai cookery. The full delights of Anantara Phuket Villas are ready for you to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Minor Hotel Group Limited, Splendia, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Phuket Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Phuket Villas Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Phuket
- Anantara Phuket Villas Mai Khao