We stayed at Anantara Phuket Villa for 4 days and 3 nights in late June. We were free upgraded to Lagoon pool villa when we check-in. Overall speaking, the hotel is very nice, well decorated with Thai style. The bicycle concept is really good. My husband and I did have great fun with it.
However, several aspects need to be paid attention to and could be improved:
1. Incorrect guest booking information. When we booked our holiday with AVC, we were advised that free daily breakfast was included. But when we checked-in, we were told that we had to pay for it. We were shock when we heard that and we showed the confirmation letter to the host for their checking. Although they settled the problem finally, we were in a bit of a mood somehow.
2. When we went to the restaurant for our breakfast on the second day, we though the food selection were not enough. And the most surprisingly, there were some flies on the food!
3. We were told that complimentary fresh fruits would be delivered to our room every day during our stay. But it didn't happen on our second day. Then we made a complaint at the reception in the evening. However, no fresh fruit on the third day again! We made another complaint in the evening, and finally the fruit arrived.
4. We booked a massage on our last day before check-out, general speaking, the overall experience was just average compared what we had at Banyan Tree one day before. We don't think the massage and the services are value for money.
5. Every time when my husband and I went our for holiday, we love to buy some souvenirs at the shop in the resort for memory. But this time, we bought nothing. The shop inside the resort is very small, goods are ordinary, no signature souvenir of Anantara were available for our consideration.
6. Beach, high waves make it difficult to swim. It was the first time we did not swim in the beach when we had a island holiday.
Would we come back? Low chance.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.