Been to this hotel with the family (2 adults, 1 child (y.o.) during september 2012. Arrived quite early, had to wait half an hour before we could move into our room, bur this wasn't a problem to us. We had a family room. This means a separate bedroom which had a television of its own. Room was a bit noisy as we slept next to the road and had a airco unite outside and opposite of our room.
The hotel itself is located in a one-road village, without much to see. It's also located on a nice, but very crowded beach. Rental of beds on this beach is managed by the city, so has nothing to do with the hotel.
There was plenty of space at the pool of the Village part op the hotel. The other part (Iberostar Playa de Muro) seemed a bit crowded with all beds occupied at some times. Crossing from the Village (which is cosier and more quiet) to the other part was no problem, all facilities there could be used.
Indoor pool is very nice, offering a nice pool, whirlpool, sauna and more. Not very crowded either. We found it to be ideal in the morning, when the outdoor pool was still very cold. On the other side, it's a shame kids aren't allowed after 3 pm....
The animation was good, especially for our little daughter. There is a miniclub, with great staff and every evening at 8 there is a kid's disco. She even enjoyed the shows afterwards, most notably the Lion King.
The all-in is good, with a good choice of places to eat and drink. Quality drinks too. The 'burger-house' however is named somewhat wrong. It offers 6 dishes, and 1 of them is a burger. We went to the other pool bars instead (2 other).
Service is correct and friendly. Not to familiar either. Sometimes a bit slow in coming to take orders, but never felt this was an in issue.
Food quality is good, especially in the pool bars/restaurants. We found the food in the main restaurant to be on the greasy side after a few days. Also, the choice of main dishes was not to our liking every day, but still there was plenty of choice. A bit sad though there were only a limited number of cheeses to choose from in the evening. Breakfast was also good, with lots of choice and several fresh juices.
So, positive :
- choice of food
- location at a nice beach
- good pool bars
- lots of place and beds at the Village pool
- indoor pool
- kid's animation
- large room
- besides the beach, location not very good
- quality of food in the evening
- pool towels could only be changed from 5 pm onwards
- crowded beach (though this has nothing to do with the hotel)
- indoor pool not opened for kids after 3 pm
- rooms decoration (bit old-fashioned)
Definitely not the best holiday I've had (nor the most expensive for that matter), but had a great week as my daughter had a wonderful stay at the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa De Muro Village Hotel Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Playa De Muro Village Hotel
- Iberostar Playa De Muro
- Playa De Muro Iberostar
- Iberostar Playa De Muro Village Majorca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro Village Hotel offers all-inclusive accommodation directly on the beautiful beaches of Muro in Alcudia, Majorca. Known for its distinctive Mediterranean-inspired decor and unrivaled location, this top hotel features an unbeatable array of sports, leisure, and gastronomic options guaranteed to please every type of guest. All-inclusive and spa holidays in Playa de Muro are the best ways to disconnect from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. In addition, the hotel is ideal for cyclists, making world-class facilities and all kinds of services available to pros and amateurs alike. The IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro Village is the hotel of choice of the world's best cycling teams, who stay here during races like IBEROSTAR Challenge Mallorca - the first race on the European pro cycling calendar - or the Mallorca 312 International Cycle Tour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Iberostar Playa de Muro Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.