“Very friendly and fast waiters and a great animation with good shows” 5 of 5 stars
Review of IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa

You added IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa to your Saves list
IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Avda Playa de Muro S/N, 07458 Playa de Muro, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Playa de Muro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Very friendly and fast waiters and a great animation with good shows”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The hotel is very clean (rooms, pools, restaurants, etc). The service overall was extremely fast and we got our beverages quickly. The food in the buffet restaurants varied every day and was delicious. Animation for kids and adults is great, but the teen club wasn't running because it was no main season.

• Stayed October 2013
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time you spent to share your feedback on you recent stay at our IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa and are pleased to read that overall you had an enjoyable time among us.

We thank you for your praising comments on our staff and gastronomy offer, this being one of the prime pillars of our company, our professional Chefs do their utmost to prepare a wide variety of typical local delights as well as the best international dishes in order to please all palates, we are glad to read that we could conquer yours.

Last but not least, In IBEROSTAR we believe that nice leisure activities and entertaining evening shows are part of the real holiday feeling this is why our animation team strives to offer a wide range of activities for our guests to join in, we are glad to read that you took part in the many activities on offer.

Once again, thank you for your praising comments, we hope that you had a pleasant journey back home and to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in our IBEROSTAR hotels in the most beautiful destinations worldwide.

IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
Telford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

An Iberostar is an Iberostar is an Iberostar etc
I mean you can count on a predictable standard of environment, service, friendliness and whatever other aspect you value. This was no exception. Access to a very good beach was a highlight and the only downside was queuing at times for evening meals. Would recommend and also revisit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear John,

We greatly appreciate the time you spent to share your recent holiday experience at our IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa hotel and we thank you for your strong recommendation to Tripadvisor’s readers; it is always rewarding to read that our guests have enjoyed their holidays among us.

We took good note of your comment related to the queues in our restaurant for the evening meal and we commit to study a suitable solution so as to avoid these to happen in the future.

On the other hand, we thank you for your praising comments related to the standards of our services, the friendliness of our staff and the unbeatable location of our hotel, with direct access to the beautiful beach of Playa de Muro, with its white sand and turquoise water and within a walking distance to the Natural Park of S’Albufera.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments, we hope that you had a pleasant journey back home and to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in our hotel at your earliest convenience.

Newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel at the beginning of September. It was very clean and tidy and the rooms were quite big we had a side view room of the sea which was lovely and very quiet. The food was really nice too! We would gladly go back to this hotel as we do love it and would advise people to stay here. If you do you have to try out the spa it's amazing .

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Bella,

It is always rewarding to read that our guests enjoyed their stay among us; we would like to thank you for choosing our IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa hotel for your holidays in Majorca and for the time you spent to share your personal impressions on your stay as your feedback keeps us alert on the improvements we can make to enhance our guests’ experiences among us.

We are proud to read your satisfaction with the gastronomy offer thoroughly prepared by our professional Chefs and we thank you for the highlight on the cleanliness of our indoor and outdoor installations as we strive to give total confidence in this area.

Finally, thank you for your recommendation to Tripadvisor’s readers; we hope that you had a pleasant journey back home and look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel at your earliest convenience.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We have just returned and this was our first holiday away with our 2.5 year old little girl, so I was quite worried about how she would be, the heat, what will she eat, will there be anything for her to do..etc etc...But I need not have worried.
We had a fantastic room which was cleaned everyday by the friendliest chamber maids, the food was lovely, plenty to choose from ...there are over 5 different food stations serving different things, plus the salad bar so when folks say there was no choice...I don't understand. yes the buffett restuarant was busy and you had to que for some things....but whats the rush your on holiday..??
We celebrated a Birthday when staying and for 30 Euros they decorate the table...and it amazing 30 Euros we had champagne, flowers, streamers, ballons, a cake, and enough sweets to keep my daughter going for a year.
People say there were lots of Germans who got the best treatment...yes there were alot of Germans and Russians....But to say they got the best treatment is rubbish as we were treated no differently to anyone else.....
Yes there were alot of children like my little girl but as it says on the description...its a FAMILY resort. The entertaiment for the Children is Fantasic my little girl loved the Mini Club and I have to say so did I.....The staff at the mini club do loads for the little ones and no one ever gets left out....If you go Cristina, Adder, Martine will make sure your little ones have a great time...Cristina was incredible and there were tears when we left, as they really bond with the children.
In the Rag time bar the staff there as really freindly and again seem to love the Children...Especially PEDRO who always took the time to speak to my daughter and myself, and when sat at a table there would be waiters running around taking orders.
In the evening there is a mini disco for this children from 8 - 8.45 with lolly and Pob and at the end the Iberstar mascott STARKIE comes out...which is lovely for the little ones, they then give out medals for the children who won games at the mini club....But they will alaways make sure a child goes home with a medal. After the mini Disco is the main show and all of the ones we saw were fantastic some were done by outside acts, and some by the entertainment staff.
The grounds of the hotel are spotless...the pools are lovely and there are lot to choose from.
All in all this was just a fantasic holiday and i would like to thank all of the staff for making it so. Especially - CRISTINA, TONI, & PEDRO along with the maids and the restuarant staff.

Room Tip: Garden room views are lovely but you do hear the evening entertanment with the doors closed...but it...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lyme Regis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We have just come back from this so called 5 Star Hotel which we booked with Thomas Cook. We arrived on Saturday 21st September to be asked firstly to fill in a German Booking in form even though we had given reception are UK passports - not a good start. No water the next morning but that was sorted. We were celebrating our 41st Wedding Aniversary and did not book a holiday to Butlins. Apart from a hotel mostly of Germans who were extremely rude the hotel seemed to be full of parents with children under the age of 5 - very noisey - trouble getting a table for meals - cheese board not replaced once empty. We did not expect this from Thomas Cook as we went with you last year to another resort in Majorca. There should be an adults only Restaurant for a hotel this size. Also on our booking form meals where paid for - did not get a meal on the flight home (28th September) so we require our money back also on our ticket is stated PRIORITY CHECK IN -
when we check with your rep she said we still had to pay $30 to get this service on the way back at the airport but when we checked in the person more or less said we had already got this service - so we require this money back also.
We paid £1836.00 for this holiday and it certainly was not worth it - I will be posting this on Trip Advisor.
On the plus side the staff were very good and the rooms where very clean aprt from the ants.

Please reply with your findings

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to congratulate you for your 41st Wedding Anniversary and we thank you for choosing our IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa hotel for such a special occasion, moreover we are grateful for the time you spent to share your personal impressions on your stay so we can take your vision into consideration to enhance our guests’ experience among us.

We are sorry to hear that there were misunderstandings with your tour operator regarding your reservation, however unfortunately there is little we can do on this point as it does not depend on IBEROSTAR; further we would like to point out that our hotel is a 4 star establishment, the tour operator’s rating is an internal rating system.

This is why we would like to take the opportunity to offer you a personalized booking guidance through our call center for any upcoming holiday planning, so we can give you all the relevant information for you to choose the destination, hotel type and services that bets fit your holiday needs and wishes, for instance in Majorca we count with two adults only hotels for those guests who are looking for a romantic and quiet stay on the island.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by the exceptional difficulties with the ants. However, we would like to inform you that we do have in place an established infestation treatment plan and we have been working intensely on this specific problem of ants. We have in fact largely resolved this problem now. Given the vast expanse of gardens which provides our guests with a huge internal open space and the climatology of Majorca, the presence of insects is unavoidable. In the punctual event of localizing an infestation in a room, our housekeeping department undertakes an in-depth cleaning in conjunction with an adequate treatment to minimalize the inconvenience.

On the other hand we thank you for pointing out our staff as their kindness and helpfulness are our hotel’s main strength we will definitely congratulate them all on your behalf for their contribution to your wellbeing whilst staying among us.

Once again, thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR, we hope that you had a pleasant journey back home and to have the opportunity of serving you again in our hotels in the most beautiful destinations worldwide, ensuring you in advance of our utmost care and dedication.

Warmest Regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 days at Iberostar Albufera Playa and had great time. The resort is just a few steps away from a fabulous white sandy beach. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The resort is not for party goers, as it's frequented by families and older couples. So it's great to relax. Food was pretty good for a 4-star hotel. Unfortunately there's no a-la-carte restaurant there - only buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are several restaurants a short walking distance from the hotel, they seemed Ok, although none seemed to offer traditional spanish cuisine. A couple of incoveniences: the hotel charges for wifi (30 min free per day only) and to use the safe in the room. The mattress in our room wasn't comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I would like to start by saying is is not like me to dislike a place so much. Read my other reviews, I am not the kind of person who just likes to complain. This is an honest and genuine account of our experience.

My husband and I decided on Majorca for our honeymoon for its beautiful beaches, friendly people and the short flight. I have stayed in Palma Nova many times and love it there. I decided to try a different part of the island, a decision I bitterly regret.

The rooms are cheaply built with thin walls so you can hear everything that happens in the hall way - including screaming children, people shouting to each other and talking, the slamming of doors ect. We could also hear the lift and furniture being moved around by the cleaners every morning. The combination of noises started from 6:30 am onwards.

The room itself was quite clean and nicely decorated, but the bathroom was worn and mouldy. The toilet seat was also broken and stained - so I went to the reception and politely asked if there was another room we could be moved to, we were abruptly to 'No'. I noticed there were advertisements all over the hotel to upgrade our room to a Suite for €48 a night, so being our honeymoon and all, I asked if I could do that instead. Again, I was abruptly told there were no suites available. They said they may have one in 2 days time I asked to be contacted to confirm this and arrange an upgrade if they did. But I never heard anything more about it.

Our room was overlooking the buffet restaurant, and we could hear the abysmal evening entertainment, which was ridiculously loud, throughout the evening until 11pm so an early night was out of the question. We tried to have a siesta one afternoon, and were woken by someone beating a drum and playing bagpipes - which continued for two hours. It was awful! During the day, they had a spinning class with ridiculously loud music which did not help create a peaceful atmosphere around the pool area. They also had a kids club that would use the stage (located not very far at all from the 3 pools) and microphones. There would be a lot of shouting and screaming, and I literally had to take headache tablets everyday and retreat to the beach just to get away from the constant, over bearing noise.

I understood this wasn't an adults only hotel when I booked, but it was rated as 'Holidays with style' by Thomas Cook and really didn't expect to be as child orientated as it was. I don't mind children at all, but the majority of guests at this hotel
would show little or no respect to others trying to enjoy their holiday. I was reading my book with my feet dipped in the pool one afternoon, and a father was encouraging his daughter to jump in. So she stood right next to me and did so - absolutely soaking me and my book! Then she got out and did it again. Even though they were the only two in the pool and there was plenty of room to jump in further down from me. No apology was offered and I was forced to move. People literally walk into you with their children and expect you to move. When you do go out of your way to let them pass, not even a curious thank you is offered. There was a terribly unfriendly atmosphere at this hotel.

The beach is ok, but over crowded and full of inconsiderate people who have no regard for other guests.

The food was awful. What
little meat was available cheap
and fatty. The same selection was repeated for lunch and dinner EVERY DAY and became so monotonous we had to go outside of the hotel to find a decent meal some nights. We tried the so called 'A la carte' restaurant - which is without doubt the worst meal I've EVER had. I had a Steak and it was literally raw in the middle. I'm attaching a picture with this review to prove I'm nit exaggerating.

The surrounding area isn't good. Neither are the restaurants.

Eventually, I had enough and managed to get us a room in Palma nova and we retreated there. We payed €90 each way in a taxi to get away for a night. Which was lovely. We were sad to leave and dreaded returning to the Iberostar.

The waiters in the lunch Buffet were very nice and friendly. But the Reception staff are very condescending and sarcastically nice. And not helpful at all.

Brits, I would strongly recommend you avoid this hotel! They are only bothered about serving and helping you if you are German. We tipped well and were ignored by waiters for drinks most nights, who would rush past us sat there with empty glasses and only seemed to look after you if you we're German.

The decision to stay at this Hotel ruined our honeymoon. We are both left feeling very sad by the whole experience. If your going to spend what they are asking for a week in this hotel - please go to Cuba. You are guaranteed a better time, better beach and a friendly atmosphere.
If you really want to stay in Majorca, go to Palma Nova. The hotel 'SON CALIU' is lovely and the beaches are beautiful.

• Stayed September 2013
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Although we deeply lament hearing that your stay at our IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa hotel didn’t meet your expectations, we thank you for choosing our hotel for such a special occasion as your honeymoon and for the time and effort you spent to share your personal feelings on your stay; your feedback is for us the best way to know where to improve in our daily services to guarantee beautiful holidays to our guests of all nationalities.

We are sorry to read your disappointment on the impossibility to offer you an upgrade during your stay; it is true that we always offer to consider upgrading as we think that many of our clients appreciate being informed that this possibility exists being aware that adding this little luxury can makes their stay unique and unforgettable; however, especially during high season when the hotel is fully booked, we cannot guarantee this possibility on a last minute basis and would like to suggest for any upcoming holiday planning with IBEROSTAR that you contact our call center where we can offer you a personalized booking guidance so you can choose the hotel type and accommodation that best fits your holiday needs and wishes, bearing in mind that only in Majorca we have two hotels for adults only.

Further we read your comment on our cuisine very carefully as the gastronomy is one of the prime pillars of our company; although we are very sorry to hear that you didn’t appreciate this aspect of your stay with us, we would like to point out that our buffet restaurant has a 15 days rotation menus and our chefs do their utmost to prepare a wide variety of typical local and international delights to please all palates, we lament reading that we couldn’t conquer yours; moreover, we are sorry to hear that your steak at our à la carte restaurant wasn’t cooked as you wished, however this is the way most of our guests like it and we suggest that for a future occasion you just request the doneness of your liking, like in any other restaurant.

Our hotel offers a full animation program, meaning that throughout the day our animation team organizes many leisure and sports activities and entertaining shows every evening, usually these shows end up at 22.30, the latest at 22.45, this information is reported both in our brochure and website, nevertheless as we know that not everybody is into joining social activities, our resort offers many corners where to relax and enjoy a sunbath with peace and quiet.

We would like to apologize if you didn’t feel well cared after by our reception staff and will pass on your comment to our head of department; nevertheless we would like to point out that in IBEROSTAR the service orientation and personalized attention towards our clients are of prime importance and we do all the possible to school our personnel so that they surpass guest expectation and work accordingly to our demanding quality standards. We find it very sad to read that on this occasion we could not make our goal and are doing our utmost to assure that any situation that does not meet excellence is corrected, on the other hand we thank you for your positive mention for our waiting staff, we will definitely congratulate them on your behalf for contributing to your wellbeing during your stay.

Once again, thank you for your visit; we hope that you had a pleasant journey back home and to have the pleasure of serving you again in our hotels worldwide, ensuring you in advance of our utmost care and dedication.

Warmest Regards,
IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts

Been to IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa? Share your experiences!