My husband and I just returned from 4 nights stay at the Albufera Playa. It was our first visit to Majorca, overall we had a good time and really enjoyed staying in the Playa de Muro area.
Reception staff very professional and efficient. We’re not very demanding while on holiday so our contact with them was minimal. Check in and check out were both very quick.
We had emailed the hotel ahead of time to inform them our short break was to celebrate our wedding anniversary and that our honeymoon was spent at the Iberostar Quetzal in Mexico. Although they did not promise anything, we were pleasantly surprised when we were allocated a room opposite the restaurant with a side sea view.
Our side sea view room was well appointed and kept very clean. The room had very good air conditioning and more than enough storage for a short stay. Our bathroom had a large walk in shower which we found a bit slippery.
The grounds were beautiful and spotless with staff cleaning from very early in the morning. This cleanliness continues onto the amazing white sandy beach. I had read how it compared to beaches in the Caribbean. I had my doubts but indeed the beach along here is just like being in the Caribbean. Fine white sand, shallow turquoise water, perfect! We had very warm weather in the mid 20’s to low 30’s while we were there, and that made it even more Caribbean-like!
Now to the negatives. Having read reviews of lobsters and seen photos of feasts, we had very high expectations of what food would be served at this hotel, we were disappointed. The food was by no means bad, most items were freshly prepared in front of you, but the selection was very small. What they did have was good, but became repetitive very quickly. We were only there 4 nights and by the 2nd night we already felt the food was the same. We had booked all inclusive, but thankfully we only ate lunch in the hotel once. Again, the food at the beach restaurant wasn’t bad, but we found the selection offered was the same as dinner the night before. We suspect the difference between expectations and reality is simply due to the fact that we stayed here during off peak season. We've had similar experiences at other hotels, but had hoped Iberostar would be different.
The other major negative… paper thin walls. Luckily we brought ear plugs.
Would we recommend it to others? Iberostar as a chain, yes definitely. This one? Maybe only during peak season and don’t forget to bring ear plugs.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Albufera Playa Hotel Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Albufera Playa Hotel
- Iberostar Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Hotel Albufera Playa
- Iberostar Albufera Playa Playa De Muro, Majorca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Alcudia Playa Hotel is a full service resort on the shores of Playa de Muro, one of the best beaches on the island of Majorca. Next to the Alcudia Port in a coveted enclave surrounded by calm seas, our top hotel is proud to provide All Inclusive accommodation. Its elegant yet modern facilities make this hotel and spa and its sister hotel, the IBEROSTAR Albufera Park, a best choice for families, children, groups, and couples visiting Majorca. The IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa's 340 Double Rooms and 20 Junior Suites were completely refurbished in 2008. Both the Park and Playa share facilities, common areas, and multilingual personnel in order to maximise your holiday experience on the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Iberostar Albufera Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.