This was my second stay at Las Gaviotas, and on the whole it was positive. The rooms are spotlessly clean (although starting to show their age a little, in particular the bed linen), and the breakfast offering excellent. However I believe a service provider shows their true worth when things go wrong, and in this instance the hotel fell well short of what I expected.
The people in the room adjacent to mine were excessively noisy, I put up with it for two nights in the hope they would quieten (or leave!), but eventually I asked to change rooms. I was advised there were no available rooms but I would be able to change the next day. I accepted this, but as the hotel did not appear to be anywhere near full I checked online, to find I could book multiple rooms for the duration of my stay. I approached reception again, where the lady said she thought I was happy to stay where I was - an odd response given how visibly upset I had been. She then admitted they did have suites available, and if I was a new guest they would allocate me one, but as I was not I would have to wait for a room. After half an hour of calmly trying to explain how I found that unfair, a call was made to housekeeping (who I had previously been told had finished for the day) and a standard room magically became available. The new room was absolutely fine, but the fact that I was lied to several time leaves a very poor impression.
Would I return to Las Gaviotas again? I'm not sure. It is a lovely hotel, as long as everything goes to plan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel - a pioneer in the area as far back as in the -70s and with more than 30 years of experience - consolidates stars and a image: modern lines in every corner invite you to a holiday oasis where quality is the common element and white, the colour that permeates everything. Here you can enjoy gardens, comfortable suites and modern facilities. But Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel is much more than just a beautiful design. Our identity is, above all, friendly treatment and good service. Our experience and know-how, together with each guest, will do the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Gaviotas Hotel Playa De Muro
- Hotel Las Gaviotas
- Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel Playa De Muro, Majorca