“When things go wrong ...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel

Save Saved
You added Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida de la Albufera 51 | Urbanización Las Gaviotas, 07408 Playa de Muro, Majorca, Spain   |
Offers & Announcements
Free room upgrade
Ranked #1 of 30 hotels in Playa de Muro
Nottingham, England
“When things go wrong ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was my second stay at Las Gaviotas, and on the whole it was positive. The rooms are spotlessly clean (although starting to show their age a little, in particular the bed linen), and the breakfast offering excellent. However I believe a service provider shows their true worth when things go wrong, and in this instance the hotel fell well short of what I expected.

The people in the room adjacent to mine were excessively noisy, I put up with it for two nights in the hope they would quieten (or leave!), but eventually I asked to change rooms. I was advised there were no available rooms but I would be able to change the next day. I accepted this, but as the hotel did not appear to be anywhere near full I checked online, to find I could book multiple rooms for the duration of my stay. I approached reception again, where the lady said she thought I was happy to stay where I was - an odd response given how visibly upset I had been. She then admitted they did have suites available, and if I was a new guest they would allocate me one, but as I was not I would have to wait for a room. After half an hour of calmly trying to explain how I found that unfair, a call was made to housekeeping (who I had previously been told had finished for the day) and a standard room magically became available. The new room was absolutely fine, but the fact that I was lied to several time leaves a very poor impression.

Would I return to Las Gaviotas again? I'm not sure. It is a lovely hotel, as long as everything goes to plan.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
hotellasgaviotas, Recepcionista at Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for writing a comment on tripadvisor. We are sorry about the miscommunication that has been caused during your stay. Kind regards from the Las Gaviotas Team!

578 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Finnish first
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed in this hotel in October 2012 with my girlfriend for a weekend, it was a little more expensive than the others we looked at, but it was well worth it! The best way to describe the hotel is that it is beautiful! We had a suite overlooking the pool. The hotel is very modern in the way it is decorated, all white and chic. There are 2 pools which although we didn't venture in them, both looked fantastic. We did not eat here, instead using a couple of the restaurants locally. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and the hotel bar serves some mean cocktails! I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and certainly will be returning in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
hotellasgaviotas, Recepcionista at Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
We are very happy that you had a good time in Las Gaviotas! Thank you very much for the great comment that you have written about us! Greetings from Mallorca
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is a great hotel if you want a quiet and relaxing time. Rooms are very modern, spacious, and clean, we could not fault them. Food was simply superb, fresh, and cooked to perfection although the choice was not plentiful. It's just a minute's walk from Playa de Muro, probably the best beach in Mallorca. The very attractive pools are well maintained and very inviting, just ensure that you travel between June and Sept only otherwise you won't be able to use them unless you are willing to use a wet-suit. You will find mainly middle class childless German clientele who will mind if your children play in the indoor pool. The hotel staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating, we would happily return to the hotel if it was in a different locality as we found the area rather chavy and uninspiring. Be warned, you need to hire a car as the hotel is located in a remote area of the island (quite far from the airport).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
hotellasgaviotas, Recepcionista at Las Gaviotas Suites Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Gracias, thank you for leaving a comment about our hotel!
Kind regards, The Reception Team of Las Gaviotas
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel rooms are extremely modern and well equipped, this was our first pleasant surprise. We then ventured to breakfast and WOW... there is so much choice you could eat forever! Fry up, pancakes, pastries, fruit, cheese, meats, cereal and more.

the swimming pools are pretty cold (one is rather shaded) but it was so hot it was much appreciated. We went in September and it was lovely an quiet, no problem for a sun lounger.

The hotel is no more than a 3 minute walk to the beach and on the main road by all the restaurants.

We also hired a car and had no problem parking next to the hotel for free.

All in all, one of the best hotels i have stayed at in Europe and I have recommended to many people. When I return to Majorca, i will return to the las gaviotas.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much, you have written a very kind comment about our hotel!
Kind regards from Mallorca, Team Las Gaviotas.
Athlone, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were able to book this holiday for a good price and it did not disapoint. The room was well decorated, large balcony and well equipped shower room. The food was good for both breakfast and dinner, i really liked the fresh coffe they brought us for breakfast. The receptionists were friendly and helpfull as were the bar staff and chamber maids. The only reason I have not given 5 out of 5 is because the prices have seemed to of risen since its become no2 in the playa da muro trip advisor list!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hereby we thank you for your kind comment! The prices change slightly every year and the season and occupancy also has influence on the prices. Kind regards and we hope to see you again!
Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Having stayed in Magaluff 2 times, arriving in Playa de Muro is a very nice change (way way better).
Both I and my husband don't appreciate the buzz and craziness of Magaluff "environment" so here, everyhting her just felt right and relaxed.

Very good hotel and despite many families were staying there, it was still very quiet. Amazingly big suites (only problem is that we were on the top floor and Wifi signal didn't get that far), with empty fridge which came in handy to store some things for lunch (we were halfboard which was more than enough). Hotel grounds very well presented, pool areas quite immaculate. Outdoor pools are very very good with a good temperature and the outdoor jaccuzzis are loads of fun . Indoor pool with jaccuzzi, sauna, turkish bath and showers massage all free and vacant most of the time.
Breakfast was abundant and dinner was great with theme nights. Very good and varied.

The hotel is literally a 5-minute-walk to the amazing and very large beach.
Go - you'll like it (unless you want to party all night).

Room Tip: Pay a bit more for the Suite : it is totally worth it!