We enjoyed our family holiday at the Viva Blue. The service was really excellent, with staff always smiling and ready to help/serve. We stayed in the first half of July, and the hotel was full of uber-fit Scandinavians (they really incentivized me to get fit!). The room was always very clean, nothing to say there. We initially thought we would be self-catering, but soon found out that the "kitchen" was quite useless (too small) and there was only a tiny table for 3 (while we were 4). So we took up half board and were positively surprised by the quality of the buffets. The food was actually quite good, easily beating the tourist restaurants nearby that we tested the first couple of days.
Now for the really annoying thing: noise! The buildings are built on 3 floors with an open atrium in the center. That makes them very luminous, but at the same time, you hear all the noises in the hallway from everybody on all floors. The strongest noises are from people slamming doors, which resonates through the whole building. Then there are people arriving very late (like after midnight), or leaving very early (4:30, seriously!). As the floor is tiled, it transmits even the slightest suitcase wheel noise. To top this off, the first night while I was trying to get asleep, I was disturbed by snoring sounds, so I got up to check my kids in the living room, but it was actually the neighbor! The walls are razor thin, so if you have light sleep like me, be sure to take your earplugs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the shopping district, just 200 m from Playa de Muro’s magnificent beach, and close to the S’Albufera Natural Park, Viva Blue is the perfect base for a fabulous family or couples’ holiday in the north of Majorca. It is ideal for families with children as it offers a complete array of amenities: swimming pool with water games and Pirate Boat, and an exciting entertainment program, including activities and dancing in the mini-disco. Couples, meanwhile, can enjoy an exclusive getaway and relax in the tranquility of our elegant chill-out pool. And a fully equipped, new store/repair shop for cyclists makes it great for sports lovers too. And for the hikers it is a place close to the spot where the most beautiful excursions of Mallorca begin. Moreover, the hotel organizes excursions with a guide. Above all, Viva Blue in Playa de Muro is the perfect location thanks to its comfortable and generous rooms, its delicious and varied dining options and its limitless opportunities to have fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Viva Blue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Blue Hotel Playa De Muro
- Viva Blue Playa De Muro, Majorca